New Rear axle info,,,,,Group buy?

first off thank you Stinker and PROF.....:rock:

the assemblies are beautiful and the wilwoods are KILLER....mine goes in the end of next week...

Prof said:
How do I break-in a new rear end? Will a 350 mile trip home at 70 mph be enough?:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

I'm stoked!

P.S. Stinker, I think I love you!

Do not use full throttle or accelerate hard for the first 500 miles

The best way to do it is to drive moderatly at varying speeds(30-65) for about 20-30 mminutes and stop and let the truck cool for an hour or longer.
Repeat this two or three times and then increase the running time to 45-60 minutes.

After 500 miles get after it all you want just not for sustained periods of time.

The ring and pinion comes with a phosporous coating that that facilitates the "wearing in" of the gearset. This coating generates tremendous heat when new.

It is not good to get the rear end "too Hot" during breakin of the new gears.

If you can't do that drive it easy and vary the speeds (55-75).

It is still good to stop and let the rear end cool down.

Prof said:
Just got off the phone with Rob Gutowski, Service Manager for DTS. (800) 521-0628.

Issues that have raised their heads (nothing major at all)

How do I break-in a new rear end?

Slowly and with lots of Lube!!!:D :D :p

Nowwhat said:
first off thank you Stinker and PROF.....:rock:

the assemblies are beautiful and the wilwoods are KILLER....mine goes in the end of next week...

no thanks bud....

JUST GIVE ME A BIG OL SLOPPY KISS!!:D

I have considered the options presented and I believe I will go with FstJack and Marc T...the other recommendation while inviting might cause relationship problems with a woman that can rebuild her own motorcycle motors, and those are very hard to find.;)

I will plan to do the stop and go driving from Detroit to Chicago...will take a good book and hit the rest stops along the way. Cal tracs and new injectors next weekend and then we will see if I can get into the low 14's with Stinker.:burnout:

Prof said:
then we will see if I can get into the low 14's with Stinker.:burnout:

Optimistic aren't you???? :p

Congrats Roy!

It must of been really hard not having the truck around for so long...

Take care, drive safe.

Will

Has been hard to not have the truck here...but it is still snowing...right now...here in Il. But I miss rubbing her butt! My snowblower and lawn tractor have been getting lots of loving care...to say nothing of my daily driver ("the Brick").

Hoping to have it next week, hoping that Stingray will have some time to help me on a couple of things...and then, and then....:star: :rock:

Tony Sawyer = Stinker = Good friend.

Thank you my friend for all your hard work and effort to make this happen for us.

I still have to get to LA and get mine, but that will happen next week.

Someone should weigh both units to know what the weight difference.

How much is the old rear-end worth? I don't think I want to bring it back to my garage...any guesses what it is worth?

Prof said:
How much is the old rear-end worth? I don't think I want to bring it back to my garage...any guesses what it is worth?
Didn't 1fast400 say he spent $1500.00 on one?

Prof said:
Hoping to have it next week, hoping that Stingray will have some time to help me on a couple of things...and then, and then....:star: :rock:
Just tell me when :D :rock:

FSTJACK said:
Tony Sawyer = Stinker = Good friend.

Thank you my friend for all your hard work and effort to make this happen for us.

I still have to get to LA and get mine, but that will happen next week.

Thanks big fella:rock: Ya got one for life:D

is that good or bad:p

Anybody want to sell there rear calipers? I need a driver rear for my 05 RC. I muscle fuc$ed the piston. Fell apart like peanut brittle.

Thanks!

I picked up the diff yesterday only problem is they loaded the one with the Willwood brakes instead, lol. j/k

Thanks, Tony

BTW, there is still one left for pick up at the shop.

TurboFreak said:
I picked up the diff yesterday only problem is they loaded the one with the Willwood brakes instead, lol. j/k

Thanks, Tony

BTW, there is still one left for pick up at the shop.

cool beans bo!!:rock:

Let us know how the beast turns out

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back