New Rear axle info,,,,,Group buy?

TurboFreak said:
Are they sending me a 4-link to go with it, lol.

I feel like a woman waiting for the doors to open in Victoria's Sectret for the WaterBra release.:D

LOLOLOL

waterbra release!! luv it!

hey bro! i am so glad you popped on here!

send me ya number, I cant find it anywhere:dontknow: no telling what I did with it:D
but on the phone now with a couple freight companies and as soon as I know summin I'll holla at everybody.

Guys

I just spoke with Cartier and he is preparing to do the shipment for you guys. He will need all the info from you guys like size, weight, addresses, etc... Contact him directly at 310 667-0463 to work out the details. Once you figure out the shipment costs with the discount then he will have to pay for the shipment himself. You could work directly with him or involve me as the middle man for financial costs. Call me as well if you should have any further questions.

Brad Michel
323 896-3281 Cell
310 275-0522 Home

this sticky is a constant reminder to me that my slow ass truck doesn't warrant the necessity for this new rearend ....

DAMN YOU STINKER .... DAMN U TO HECK!!!:p :p :p

tidnab said:
this sticky is a constant reminder to me that my slow ass truck doesn't warrant the necessity for this new rearend ....

DAMN YOU STINKER .... DAMN U TO HECK!!!:p :p :p

it will brother....................it will.........:D

sooner or later the power will come:rock: :burnout: :burnout:

Axles should be to the fellas by friday:rock:

hopefully as soon with prof's truck:D

for those that missed out on the deal, DTS has told me that they lost money on this deal, maybe due to the ass they had to deal with:dontknow: :D

But I soon will get a price of any future ordered axles, and as soon as I find out will let everyone know.

I was in LA today dropping off some stuff at a freight company and could have picked it up If I had logged in to the site this morning, lol.

I have the Suncoast tranny, the diff is here now all I need is the Tec3 wiring harness.

TurboFreak said:
I was in LA today dropping off some stuff at a freight company and could have picked it up If I had logged in to the site this morning, lol.

I have the Suncoast tranny, the diff is here now all I need is the Tec3 wiring harness.

good deal bro, cant wait to here the times that monster runs:rock:

Just got off the phone with Rob Gutowski, Service Manager for DTS. (800) 521-0628.

Issues that have raised their heads (nothing major at all):

1. Brake line...fitting is metric...needs to be changed to US (3/8ths I think)...which will also require a double flare on the line to add the new fitting. Most of you have that tool. Rob is looking at a couple of solutions all very simple and will recommend what he thinks will work best...even looking at the rubber brake line to see if that could be changed to make the issue work easier.

2. The plate that receives the u-bolts needs to be changed...and longer u-bolts need to be used. The plates just slip out once the old unit is dropped.

3. Only real difficult issue is handling the old rear-end on its way out...need to drop one side at a time and have a couple of husky dudes when the thing comes out.

Actions Rob is taking...he will come up with all the materials that need to be procured with part numbers for us. He will also try to put together a package that will include all of the materials so that we will not have to hunt the pieces down, and make it available.

I will speak with him again on Monday and hopefully get the truck on Tuesday...

How do I break-in a new rear end? Will a 350 mile trip home at 70 mph be enough?:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

I'm stoked!

P.S. Stinker, I think I love you!

Last edited:
Prof said:
3. Only real difficult issue is handling the old rear-end on its way out...need to drop one side at a time and have a couple of husky dudes when the thing comes out.
Justin and I swapped rear ends (4.56 for 4.10s). We only lifted the trucks a few feet off the ground and dropped the whole assembly (both sides at once) and moved them around with a floor jack. Wasn't real hard at all. :dontknow:

Not sure why a rear end company would have issues with that unless they had the truck up on a high lift. Maybe that would have precluded using the floor jacks.:dontknow:

Prof said:
No comment. :p :eek:

ViperTruck2933 said:
Justin and I swapped rear ends (4.56 for 4.10s). We only lifted the trucks a few feet off the ground and dropped the whole assembly (both sides at once) and moved them around with a floor jack. Wasn't real hard at all. :dontknow:

Not sure why a rear end company would have issues with that unless they had the truck up on a high lift. Maybe that would have precluded using the floor jacks.:dontknow:

No comment. :p :eek:

The rear end is sitting on top of the springs so either you drop the springs or have to walk it . I normally just drop the rear shackles and just slide it out the back then reverse . Too many busted knuckles trying to manhandle a rear end . Only problem I see on doing this truck that way is left spring will hit exhaust coming down . I use a lift to most of this stuff and most do have a low latch posistion cause a rear 6' in the air is scarey

No comment !,that part scares me maybe I should leave a couple paint flaws when Roy brings his truck down ,,:dontknow: I'm not that sure I want to be loved that much :D :D :D :D :D ,you can take my share Stinker :idea:
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Prof said:
Just got off the phone with Rob Gutowski, Service Manager for DTS. (800) 521-0628.

Issues that have raised their heads (nothing major at all):

1. Brake line...fitting is metric...needs to be changed to US (3/8ths I think)...which will also require a double flare on the line to add the new fitting. Most of you have that tool. Rob is looking at a couple of solutions all very simple and will recommend what he thinks will work best...even looking at the rubber brake line to see if that could be changed to make the issue work easier.

2. The plate that receives the u-bolts needs to be changed...and longer u-bolts need to be used. The plates just slip out once the old unit is dropped.

Actions Rob is taking...he will come up with all the materials that need to be procured with part numbers for us. He will also try to put together a package that will include all of the materials so that we will not have to hunt the pieces down, and make it available.

I will speak with him again on Monday and hopefully get the truck on Tuesday...

How do I break-in a new rear end? Will a 350 mile trip home at 70 mph be enough?:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

I'm stoked!

oh honey! When we gonna meet big boy!!:D

I may just take a trip to chicago jsut to spend the night sweetness:p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back