New Rear axle info,,,,,Group buy?

Alright Stinker Locker buyers I need some help...

What wheels and slicks are we going with now that we don't have to worry about shaving calipers?

All I know about wheels and tires is that they are kinda round and some have wide white walls...

Prof said:
Alright Stinker Locker buyers I need some help...

What wheels and slicks are we going with now that we don't have to worry about shaving calipers?

All I know about wheels and tires is that they are kinda round and some have wide white walls...

No idea yet.....depends on just how much traction you will need......what is your rwhp?

Nowwhat said:
No idea yet.....depends on just how much traction you will need......what is your rwhp?

Putting down 620 according to Roe Racing dyno.

Stinker...any word...on our rear ends?

I heard a rumor of a brake issue? Probably not, we would have heard.

Still got snow on the ground so I won't be needing my truck for another two or three weeks...but the garage sure looks empty...put the snow blower in the truck spot to make the garage feel a little more loved.

LATEST UPDATE

First I want to thank 1fast400 for the info:rock:

DTS ran into a problem with the axles and the Baer brakes, seems as though if he was to turn the axles to work with the Baers that the 14mm studs would not have enough meat to be safe.

So in order for safety, DTS did some deaper investigating and called Wilwood direct and conversed with them.

So it comes out that the Wilwood rep says the brake kit with the parke brake will handle 15 inch rims

So I made the decision for them to go ahead with the Wilwoods, I figured thats what everyone would want anyway. Pllus the wilwood is a much better brake than the Baer ,being the Bear is only a single piston and the wilwood is dual.

I hope this is ok with everyone.

The tubes and housings are done, the shock mounts jsut came in.And they are close to finishing our first axle set up, which will go on our illustrious grand puba's truck Prof:rock:

I want to thank everyone for giving me the opportunity to handle this, and their $.

there is a difference in price, but it will be handled.

Once again thanks, and hopefully it will nnot be too much longer.

I would like to remind Fstjack, turbofreak , and Nowwhat that they should decide on a delivery point if they want.

Jack may possibly be able to set up a 3 way conversation to make it easier.

Great news...thanks to Mike for the good input on the Wildwoods...

Now that we are back to Wildwoods I do want to press for the red powder coated ones...will save a step when we get the deal done.

Stinker, I will split whatever the extra cost is with you...

Roy

talked with jack and since all of you are close to Dc performance, I guess that would be the logical place to ship them:dontknow:

If you want Nowwhat ask dan if that is ok

Stinker said:
talked with jack and since all of you are close to Dc performance, I guess that would be the logical place to ship them:dontknow:

If you want Nowwhat ask dan if that is ok

will stop by tomorrow and see if it is OK.....

Stinker, once they make the install on my truck, I think it would be a good idea to have Bill drop by and drive the truck for 30 or 40 minutes to be sure that it meets his satisfaction...he may not be able to take time off during the week but maybe a Saturday morning???

Roy

got a call back

These are the guys gettting powdercoated

Prof
Nowwhat
Ramfromhell

the wilwoods we got a better deall on, and got us a better deal on powdercoating.

i have to find my sheet with the #'s bt basically everyone is ok on $:D

The others Mine and Jacks will come black

turbofreaks will come bare as they are the ford combo.

he has Prof assembly almost done, jsut waiting on axles and brakes which should be in anytime except for the brakes may be the first of next week.

so I asked him when we could expect them to be done and he said after fitting and checkin Prof's it should only be a week or so after that.

so in essence we should be shipping out in two weeks hopfully as long as nothing pops up during the install of Prof's:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back