New Rear axle info,,,,,Group buy?

They jsut have the cables tho dont they?

What type wilwoods did ya use?

or how close is the brakes to the wheel, cuz he was sayin it only called for 16's

this way I can call him and let him know, I personally would rather have the wilwoods myself

I'll have to ask my dad honestly. He won't be back in town till saturday. It was a basic 12" brake kit from strange if I remember right.

Need help here, he may be figuring on this deal 440 is probably right, i think they would work also

http://www.hotrodheaven.com/tech/brakes/FAQ_brakes_index.htm

using a 4 inch rule, sounds to me like the 15 inch should work, you figure a 12 inch rotor, with park brake, plus an inch for caliper, is only 13 inches leaves and inch clearance right?/

anyone?

Nowwhat said:
Lokar makes quality pieces....good stuff....

He Prof....Does your truck come home with the new R.E. installed...?...I can't wait to hear what you think....

Yup, just call me prototype Roy...Roe Proto, Stinker Locker Proto...X-Metal Twin afterburner Proto....(my idea to solve traction problems), you can't run one without a wing...:p :p :p

My plan is to pick it up in Detroit and drive straight to Gary to add Caltrac's and a few other goodies...then come home and put it away until the winter passes. Hell I might just leave it with Gary if he has room...(dumb ass Roy, no body has room to store a 5200 lb truck!)...my garage looks very empty without it.

Roy,

Why don't put the caltacs there when they are putting in the new rear end?

Sounds strange, but I really want Boomer to do it...I need some consulting with him on a couple of performance issues...and the best way to get that is while he is working on my ride...IMO.

Boomer/RoeRacing/DC Performance/Underground Racing get my business as long as I own this truck...they have proved themselves over and over...just the way I like to do business.

I will want a paint job soon...there are three or four members on this forum that have shops that paint...I will use one of them, when the time comes.

But really happy you are thinking about good ways to get things done! Thanks for the thought.

Prof said:
Yup, just call me prototype Roy...Roe Proto, Stinker Locker Proto...X-Metal Twin afterburner Proto....(my idea to solve traction problems), you can't run one without a wing...:p :p :p

My plan is to pick it up in Detroit and drive straight to Gary to add Caltrac's and a few other goodies...then come home and put it away until the winter passes. Hell I might just leave it with Gary if he has room...(dumb ass Roy, no body has room to store a 5200 lb truck!)...my garage looks very empty without it.

Just keep rubin it in, I'll just have to be happy with basic stock and live my dream of speed through the old guy :D

mopar_mudder said:
Just keep rubin it in, I'll just have to be happy with basic stock and live my dream of speed through the old guy :D

Hey Bro...what's mine is yours come down and drive it some time...and what's yours is mine....(heheheheheh dirty old man drools).

And come to think of it...your truck box stock, is much quicker in the quarter than mine has ever gone...just don't be smug about it...

Roy

Ok ladies, I done about 3 hours of research last night

I found diagrams of the wilwood brake kit with e brake. What I found is the demensions of the kit.

The outside demensions isfrom center to outside is 7.1 inches

double that and you get 14.2 or about 14 1/4 and actually that may give enough room for a 15 inch rim, but would be extremely close

the wilwoods also use a 12.19 rotor which is part of the problem.

so I have to agree that the Baer would be a better choice.

With a plus that they will have a stock look to them

But the Baer rotor is only 11 inches thus giving us plenty of clearance.

the ones they will use is the b2704wc kit, now as soon as I get a chance I'll call and ask about the drilled rotors.

Prof said:
Hey Bro...what's mine is yours come down and drive it some time...and what's yours is mine....(heheheheheh dirty old man drools).

And come to think of it...your truck box stock, is much quicker in the quarter than mine has ever gone...just don't be smug about it...

Roy

I can't wait for summer to get here and get the trucks rollin again. Look forward to a meet somewhere, drag strip or what ever, sounds like fun to me.

Just got a call from DTS good news.....bad news.....

The rotors will be drilled, so thats the good news.

but he is not able , from his source, to get the calipers red, I know most of us do want red, but they are a stickler and would want the calipers completely dissassebled and coated and their coater doesnt have that capability.

so they will come bare metal so we can have them coated ourselves.

so the guys that sent in the $150 for coating have a credit, which will work towards shipping.

Those are Ramfromhell, Prof, Nowwhat.

and Prof will not actually have shipping , so his will actually be a refund.

OK with me Stinker. Powder coat rear calipers...one more job for Boomer to undertake while he has my ride.

Any updates?

My built Suncoast tranny was shipped out yesterday and the stand alone is ready just waiting for the diff to complete the project.:rock:

sent everyone a pm

they have some parts being cryoed for those that ordered
the brakes are on the way as well as the axles

things are coming together well

will update eevery friday

Stinker said:
sent everyone a pm

they have some parts being cryoed for those that ordered
the brakes are on the way as well as the axles

things are coming together well

will update eevery friday

Thanks Stinker...is my truckee crying for me?

I'm actually on the computer in the garage...first time in three months...and no truck to work on! Damn...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back