**New** Shifting Lever for B&M

WOW, I didn't see this thread before. It's about time for me to change out my X-Metal Gen II. If I take on it could be in black. I can always have it powdercoated a custom color later. Will an Avondale Viper knob screw straight onto these?

Venom Power said:
WOW, I didn't see this thread before. It's about time for me to change out my X-Metal Gen II. If I take on it could be in black. I can always have it powdercoated a custom color later. Will an Avondale Viper knob screw straight onto these?

The threads are the same as the stock levers.

Venom Power said:
Antnee, This is just a replacement steel lever for the B&M not a complete shifter. Great deal if you have a B&M.

FATJACK said:
Antnee, This is just a replacement steel lever for the B&M not a complete shifter. Great deal if you have a B&M.

*rips up sequenced ticket and throws it on the floor* Okay then that about tosses me out the mix. For the time being I'm still an X-Met kind'a guy when it comes to shifters.

Venom Power said:
*rips up sequenced ticket and throws it on the floor* Okay then that about tosses me out the mix. For the time being I'm still an X-Met kind'a guy when it comes to shifters.

those have broken too!And when it does you will be screwed:eek: Heres your chance for an all high quality steel handle:rock:

I believe now dont quote me on this, that the holes for the b&m mount and the x metal mount are the same. Anyone have an x metal handle off they care to measure?

FerrariTruck said:
those have broken too!And when it does you will be screwed:eek:

This Gen II that I have HAS broken before in another local 10 in the middle of powershifting on a freeway three years ago. But it was since repaired and welded to be much stronger. I don't powershift, :dontknow: and with a stronger weld? :eek: I'm safe.

i have a B&M that has never broken ,but i have broken the bolts that bolt this and bottom half shaft,many times ,,,do you supply heavier and or larger ones for the shifter and this handle ..:confused:

Ironhead said:
i have a B&M that has never broken ,but i have broken the bolts that bolt this and bottom half shaft,many times ,,,do you supply heavier and or larger ones for the shifter and this handle ..:confused:
I do not supply the screws, but I am sure you can buy some stainless screws.

Ironhead said:
Ironhead, If you have the aluminum lever from B&M it will break sooner or later, preventative maintenance....If you keep your bolts tight they will not break.

Cherry Performance said:
Hey Ron are the bolt pattern for the X-Metal Gen.10...are they the same as the B&M? I know he bought the top-hat from B&M for his shifter.

Quick

QuickSilver said:
Hey Ron are the bolt pattern for the X-Metal Gen.10...are they the same as the B&M? I know he bought the top-hat from B&M for his shifter.

Quick

Don't know about the Gen10. If someone can give me the bolt pattern I can let you know.

Cherry Performance said:

been there done that ,,,this last set are counter sunk case hardend seem to have lasted the longest ,,

FATJACK said:
Ironhead, If you have the aluminum lever from B&M it will break sooner or later, preventative maintenance....If you keep your bolts tight they will not break.

ya thats how i roll old man with my shifter bolts sloppy loose ,,they are tight ,,i just dont know my own strenght

iron head, i have some bolts that have the taper that stinker sent me. Ill dig em up tonite and get em to cherry performance tomarrow

Oh I forgot... my bad Ron:eek:

CIMG0520.jpg

Levers will be packed up and ready for shipping today.. Still have a few levers left to sell

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back