Nissan GTR or Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

canviper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you had to choose between a 2009 Nissan GTR or a 2011 Cadillac CTS-V coupe which one would you choose? I know they are two totally different beasts but these are the two cars that are interesting to me lately. On autotrader.com there is 09' Nissan's going for around $60,000. And used CTS-V coupes going for around $55,000. If you had to chose one of these used which way would you go.:dontknow:

Caddy for sure, no way a GTR. All the comforts of the Caddy plus all that power plus bolt ons. Quit buying Jap shit, keep it American.

I'm already a multi vehicle owner and would highly consider a 4 door CTS-V as a new addition. However if I didn't already have a 2 door sports car, I may consider the 2 door CTS-V... IMO the 4 door looks better! GL with your decision!

I prefer the GTR in looks and performance BUT, the GTR's transmission is a very known fault. You leave the launch control engaged, your 0-60 times will be awesome, however, it KILLS the transmission. Turn it off and your 0-60 times got up a good second and a half. The car is known mainly for it's fast launches but that's kinda pointless when the unit that makes it happen is prone to shitting itself.

Nissan will not touch it under warranty either so you're looking at $15,000-18,000 to fix the problem. For a car that costs that much to begin with, seems like a lot of trouble. Nissan Skylines are great cars, just this time around, they didn't do their longevity home work 100%. If I HAD to choose from the 2 you are after, Cadillac, solely for the reliability and power.

2c

I like the GTR myself, for the fact is there is not many around compared to a Caddy!! I like to be different, but Carl has some great info!!

What are those things going for used? I know for the price of a new one Id rather buy a Z06 and use the rest to mod it.

i have a XLR on the trailer now. the window sticker said 35k. and it has everything, pop top too.

0105120903.jpg

Back