Nissan GTR or Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Wow Repo that is a pretty cool job having a chance to drive some of the coolest cars the world has to offer for free.
But is it dangerous like those repo shows you see on TV. I know if you were coming to take my Lambo or something I would be pissed. :secruity:

he is not the only one. :p

Ya but for the price of a zr1 you could buy a z06 and build it.... and then go buy a 10 to daily it...

absolutely correct... this is what I did (although you guys are both talking about the C6 Z06).

I am not one to go buy a new sports car every time the new model comes out, and I wasn't waiting for someone to make something faster, so I just spent some $$ on what I had. 7 years later the TT setup still runs perfectly.

ZR1 makes insane power for a factory vehicle, but I don't think it is as fast around a road course as a stock Z06. It's heavier, and from what I've read, it is harder to confidently put the power to the pavement in the twisties.

I've thought about selling mine and buying one, but I'd be out a lot of $$ and would go slower... so I'll just hang onto my sleeper.:p

every mag that you read says the zr1 is the better car... easier to control, less twitchy, more predictable, and a much better driver than the z06... but not worth the $30k more...

i don't have either, so i'm only going by what i know (read)...

every mag that you read says the zr1 is the better car... easier to control, less twitchy, more predictable, and a much better driver than the z06... but not worth the $30k more...

i don't have either, so i'm only going by what i know (read)...

I guess I've been reading different magazines... I haven't driven either, tbh.

I'll chime in here since I own a 2009 GT-R. Never thought I would buy anything but American made, but this one hooked me for some reason. Drove a C-6 Vette for past five years, had 2 RAM SRT-10s, 2003 terminator and mustangs and so on. Thing is cars come and go, get what suits you for now, have fun, then move on. As for my GT-R, I have spent more on aftermarket do dads and mods so far then basic maintenance at the dealer. It's not as bad as the rumors make it out to be, in my experience it has been very reliable and a good daily driver. Try and test drive some more, find people that own each and talk to them.

If I may without getting flamed too much, I know this is a viper forum, but I got a quick video to share with you of my last visit to San Antonio Raceway, just see what you think...

Nissan GT-R 1/4 mile runs - YouTube

Right on and thanks for the input about your GTR, Phat Pharmacist. As far as I'm concerned all video is welcome when it comes to fast vehicles.:rock:.

Last edited:
No flaming from this guy! Launches straight and shifts are quicker than any stick. Just go out and bust off mid-11s without any fuss. Love it!

If you had to choose between a 2009 Nissan GTR or a 2011 Cadillac CTS-V coupe which one would you choose? I know they are two totally different beasts but these are the two cars that are interesting to me lately. On autotrader.com there is 09' Nissan's going for around $60,000. And used CTS-V coupes going for around $55,000. If you had to chose one of these used which way would you go.:dontknow:

If money is no option... then Nissan but let one of those turbos go out and yoru gonna feel it. My uncle is a Nissan Tech and its no joke how much they cost to maintain.

CTS-V has been my caddy dream and atleast its GM and easy to fix for the most part.

Back