Nissan GTR or Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

I believe the the big tranny problems were on the 09's, first year of production. And I have read there is a computer fix or upgrade for the 09 tranny problem. So with that being said the guys on the GTR forum recommend getting a 2010 or newer cause there were upgrades to the tranny in 2010. What has been done exactly I am not sure I'm just a forum whore not a mechanic lol.
So now if your looking at a 2010 GTR on autotrader.com your looking at high sixty's for one which still is not bad considering MSRP is over a hundred grand for one. This is still to expensive for me, but in another year or two the way these cars are dropping a person might be able to get into one for a good price.

Like I'm starting to think now is Nissan GTR's are a cheap man's Ferrari and I'm ok with that lol:D

in that size name does not matter. its just a 305, the same chevy 305 used in every gasoline boat in that size.

LOL 305 ???? sorry I am use to seeing V-18 in the boats i'm on, 2 of them at that :D

over 2550 HP each Alco engine.

But to topic on hand.

I have seen 2 GTRs here around me, I won't even waste my gas trying to run 1 of those.

I'm waiting on a new srt8 jeep to be seen again, I have heard nothing but major issues, being they cant launch hard from a dig anymore :D

Really :dontknow::dontknow: you want me to answer that for you, I would smoke it :D:D:D haha not really. I would get smoked bro :marchmellow:

I was gonna give you props if you could. Theres not many 10's or L's that could beat a stock GTR.

LOL 305 ???? sorry I am use to seeing V-18 in the boats i'm on, 2 of them at that :D

over 2550 HP each Alco engine.

meh, i am going the other way. if my next boat goes over 20KTS i will be disappointed with myself. i would be happy with a pair of 3CYL yanmars.

stock gtr's on poor track prep with heat soak on launch control at 950' DA here is 7.6's at 99.... i've seen it several times...

bing, bang, boom... done: AMS Nissan R35 GT-R Alpha Performance Upgrade Packages

and to respond to an earlier post... yeah, my 6x10 is about 5k lbs... and i tote it a lot... most i've hauled on a trailer is about 8500 lbs... and payload on the bumpstops is about 1500 lbs... i've hauled about 1200 but not far... it was pushing it...

stock gtr's on poor track prep with heat soak on launch control at 950' DA here is 7.6's at 99.... i've seen it several times...

bing, bang, boom... done: AMS Nissan R35 GT-R Alpha Performance Upgrade Packages

and to respond to an earlier post... yeah, my 6x10 is about 5k lbs... and i tote it a lot... most i've hauled on a trailer is about 8500 lbs... and payload on the bumpstops is about 1500 lbs... i've hauled about 1200 but not far... it was pushing it...
No problem I'll just pick up the AMS Nissan GT-R Alpha 10 Performance Upgrade Package for $63995.00 sounds cheap for 1100 HP.
Actually that's the starting price for that package plus labour no problem lol.:dontknow:

I'm waiting on a new srt8 jeep to be seen again, I have heard nothing but major issues, being they cant launch hard from a dig anymore :D

I have also heard the new SRT Jeeps are disappointingly slow. It's a tragedy if true. The first Gen GCSRT's are probably the best performance option from the SRT family.

I have also heard the new SRT Jeeps are disappointingly slow. It's a tragedy if true. The first Gen GCSRT's are probably the best performance option from the SRT family.

you have heard correct bro, me & my friend were talking about them yesterday, plus the ecu is encrypted so tight might be 3 years before someone can crack it, heard mopar is not letting anyone in .

you have heard correct bro, me & my friend were talking about them yesterday, plus the ecu is encrypted so tight might be 3 years before someone can crack it, heard mopar is not letting anyone in .

Why a manufacturer would kill aftermarket support on purpose is beyond me. And asking consumers to pay 70k for a performance vehicle that underperforms it's predecessor is a chicken move my Mopar.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjPXWdkLHSw&feature=colike]Veyron Killer? GT-R Alpha 9 Does 0-60 in 2.6 Sec! - YouTube[/ame] I just found this link. It's kind of a boring video. But the GTR AMS did put up some big numbers VS. the ZR-1, Porsche and Bugatti.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaenLFJYzPI&feature=colike]2012 Nissan GT-R vs 2010 Cadillac CTS-V - YouTube[/ame] Here's one more Vid. With a modified V VS. a stock GTR. The Caddy sounds awsome.:rock:

Why a manufacturer would kill aftermarket support on purpose is beyond me. And asking consumers to pay 70k for a performance vehicle that underperforms it's predecessor is a chicken move my Mopar.

e-mail mopar and ask them.

or go to sema and ask them, thats what they told my friend.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back