Nitrous Bottle Mount????

BADBLACKSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of mounting my nitrous bottle in the spare battery rack in the engine compartment. Has anybody done this? Thoughts?

I would not recommend it due to the heat the bottle would be subject to under the hood. It would push the pressure in a full bottle too high and push the nitrous out of the pressure relief.

I would not recommend it due to the heat the bottle would be subject to under the hood. It would push the pressure in a full bottle too high and push the nitrous out of the pressure relief.

:dito::dito:

I kinda figured that the heat would be an issue but I havent messed with it before so I wanted to make sure. It sure would look nasty bad under the hood tho!!!Thanks guys:D

If you never planned on actually filling it and using it for show purposes only, I don't see it being a problem.

Done that! A 20 foot Nitrous feed line coiled in the front of the radiator reduced the pressure and did not jam the solenoids... 12.3 in the 1/4...:rock::D

SDC11155.jpg

SDC11156.jpg

SDC11152.jpg

SDC11158.jpg

Mine

I put mine in the bed..!!!

Attachments

• DSC00027.jpg
    DSC00027.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 984
With that set up, what does your NX gauge read?

Gauge??? What gauge?:rock::burnout:
I actually took the tank out after each run and let it cool. I don't keep nitrous in the truck for more than a race or two---because I would use it!Yes I think it does give a little more impact under the hood for shows.

Done that! A 20 foot Nitrous feed line coiled in the front of the radiator reduced the pressure and did not jam the solenoids... 12.3 in the 1/4...:rock::D

Why would you want to warm up the spray?? the entire point of NO2 is its cold for one.. and the entire point of the cars you see purging there lines is to get rid of the warm gas .. This set up makes no sense ..

The point the others made was about the bottle pressure getting to high, But if that was not happening there would be no point in warming up the gas before spraying other than delivering lower power than you like..

I would recommend removing that 20 foot line and running a short as possible line to the solenoids and I bet you would run a lil quicker...

Why would you want to warm up the spray?? the entire point of NO2 is its cold for one.. and the entire point of the cars you see purging there lines is to get rid of the warm gas .. This set up makes no sense ..

The point the others made was about the bottle pressure getting to high, But if that was not happening there would be no point in warming up the gas before spraying other than delivering lower power than you like..

I would recommend removing that 20 foot line and running a short as possible line to the solenoids and I bet you would run a lil quicker...

Well then I guess it didn't work...:dontknow:

This is my NX. system.
rsm50-1.jpg

rsm50.jpg

rsm.jpg

I like the sleeper look. If they don't see it, I don't tell them.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back