NO TIRES FOR OUR TRUCKS?

Sometimes places run a half and have a half for shutdown - maybe since the ones commenting have been to events like this and already know, they could wait for a reply...
:rolleyes:

Sometimes places run a half and have a half for shutdown - maybe since the ones commenting have been to events like this and already know, they could wait for a reply...
:rolleyes:

cool story bro, you must be an expert since you've been to 2 or 3 events.

since we're guessing i say they have 7 miles, 3 to get up to speed, one for timing and 3 to slow down…………………...:rofl:

I desperately need two "z" rated tires 305/40/r22. Anyone know where I can find two instock? The I leave for the Texas Mile on Thursday.

I have tried tire rack, discount tire warehouse, NTB, and Discount tire. I was promised some by today but now they are saying next week.

Pirelli is the only brand being made that's speed rated correctly for me.

..................................or what other tires will fit?
I have 40,000 miles on my truck and have been through 22 tires at a cost of $4500.00

The main problem is that the treads are not deep enough. The treads are only 3/8" deep while on other tires they are 1/2" to 5/8" deep. Off road tires would last longer.
Any one know of a tire that has deep long lasting treads?

I have 40,000 miles on my truck and have been through 22 tires at a cost of $4500.00

The main problem is that the treads are not deep enough. The treads are only 3/8" deep while on other tires they are 1/2" to 5/8" deep. Off road tires would last longer.

why have you put so many tires on your truck?

and to answer your question, you can get a higher mileage tire such as the goodyear fortera, but your performance will suffer drastically.

That would explain the blown engine issue you have now. 22 tires is more than John Force goes thru on the funny car.:burnout:

Most high-performance tires don't have really deep tread. When I worked for B. F. Goodrich back in the 80's they sold T/A race tires that were shaved down to 5/32 of an inch. It was to keep the tread from squirming under all the force.

That would explain the blown engine issue you have now. 22 tires is more than John Force goes thru on the funny car.:burnout:

Quoted for truth. If someone goes through 4 1/2 sets of tires in 40k miles, something is wrong. Likely problems include operator error, and more operator error.

Most high-performance tires don't have really deep tread. When I worked for B. F. Goodrich back in the 80's they sold T/A race tires that were shaved down to 5/32 of an inch. It was to keep the tread from squirming under all the force.

The Lad I am referring to is using his QC as a daily driver.

Quoted for truth. If someone goes through 4 1/2 sets of tires in 40k miles, something is wrong. Likely problems include operator error, and more operator error.

I have a lead foot left over from the muscle car era in the 1970's and I live on a 16 mile long winding canyon road (Malibu, Ca) and I average 85 MPH on the 35 MPH rated road:) It's fun but expensive :rock::burnout:
I burn up a set of tires every 6 months and it sucks.

I have a lead foot left over from the muscle car era in the 1970's and I live on a 16 mile long winding canyon road (Malibu, Ca) and I average 85 MPH on the 35 MPH rated road:) It's fun but expensive :rock::burnout:
I burn up a set of tires every 6 months and it sucks.

Trust me, I'm not impressed. There are other people using that road while you are going nuts.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back