No Two 10's are Created Equal.. A Rant by Venom Power

Begood said:
The problem is, the shift forks are plastic tipped. Well guess what, the plastic wears away, and then you can't find the gear. So you have to have the transmission rebuilt with better forks.
I have 22,000 miles on my truck, and it won't go into 6th, now how it the hell did I abuse 6th, in 22,000 miles? And I have talked to other owners that have had the same problem. It's the plastic shift forks. If there are adjusted right, not much wear, if they aren't, look out!

Bill.

There is no adjustment on the forks to prolong the life of the plastic pads. But the plastic shit does break off and cause all sorts of grief. Replace the plastic pads with bronze on all the shift forks when rebuilding.

is there a complete rebuild kit i could get so i can rebuild the transmission while i change the clutch and slave?

is there a complete rebuild kit i could get so i can rebuild the transmission while i change the clutch and slave?

i would be interested in a kit or a good rebuild/update tranny also:rock::rock:

I'll put it like this it's all in how you drive it "tranny wise" My truck was had a built motor that laid down 786RWHP on a 150 shot of nitrous. I raced this truck every time i had the chance to Sometimes on the street I'd pill it up to a 200 shot.but on the strip or on the street. Hiting speeds close to 170. slaming gears in traffic. and the only problem I ever had was after I put a center force clutch in the truck. then it started eating clutch's. i believe that it's all in how you drive it. if the driver is a "Good" driver or a bad one. lots of things can come into play

I'll put it like this it's all in how you drive it "tranny wise" My truck was had a built motor that laid down 786RWHP on a 150 shot of nitrous. I raced this truck every time i had the chance to Sometimes on the street I'd pill it up to a 200 shot.but on the strip or on the street. Hiting speeds close to 170. slaming gears in traffic. and the only problem I ever had was after I put a center force clutch in the truck. then it started eating clutch's. i believe that it's all in how you drive it. if the driver is a "Good" driver or a bad one. lots of things can come into play

My girl has a 2.5L altima, think you can drive that and make it fast?????

Its a auto with K&N drop in :):):)

My girl has a 2.5L altima, think you can drive that and make it fast?????

Its a auto with K&N drop in :):):)

I got 20 bucks/ a 6 pack that says i'll beat you in the 1/8th mile in my old ladys focus :D

a good driver in a slower car beats a faster car and a shitty driver any day...

yes it does! but then again slower cars are easier to drive because they don't try to go side ways and hit shit :rock:

Edit- i believe her car is a 2.3 i dunno for sure lol

Glad to see your back up and running.......Just what the heck does this mean?
" the butter bean beat out’ve them ".......:p butter bean? Man, I'm in trouble. Mine sits in the garage, and, when I do take it out, runs GREAT!.

if you ever make it down south ill hook you up. :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back