Non-Stocker Camshaft?

The head design is way beyond the stock head. You guys are right, I'm only talking bang for buck. With total power being the only concern. A fully ported set of Gen 3 heads will still be behind the Strikers. I would love to see the difference on a TT motor with ported stock vs strikers. I would be curious how much more boost you'd be running blake if you had a set of stock heads. By reading, it might only be 3lbs, but I assure you, you are flowing a SHITLOAD more air than him.

If someone ONLY wanted to go the NA route, then you have to get them. You just aren't going to make the power otherwise. The great thing about them, if you don't like them, they are one of the only mods you can get your money out of should you decide to sell.

Which dyno number are you going off of blake? Didn't you recently say you were about 100 off what the other guy had pulled? Just wondering if need4speed was using a different type of dyno than you used on your first run.

1Fast400 said:
The head design is way beyond the stock head. You guys are right, I'm only talking bang for buck. With total power being the only concern. A fully ported set of Gen 3 heads will still be behind the Strikers. I would love to see the difference on a TT motor with ported stock vs strikers. I would be curious how much more boost you'd be running blake if you had a set of stock heads. By reading, it might only be 3lbs, but I assure you, you are flowing a SHITLOAD more air than him.

If someone ONLY wanted to go the NA route, then you have to get them. You just aren't going to make the power otherwise. The great thing about them, if you don't like them, they are one of the only mods you can get your money out of should you decide to sell.

Which dyno number are you going off of blake? Didn't you recently say you were about 100 off what the other guy had pulled? Just wondering if need4speed was using a different type of dyno than you used on your first run.

Mike is right on the boost issue. Boost in reality is back pressure within the intake track. Blake is only running 3 pounds more boost, but he is flowing a quote, SHITLOAD more air.

On one SC engine I had I ported and polished the heads without any other changes. The boost actually went down, but the HP increased because I reduced the back pressure and increase the flow.

Make sense?

The heads were lowering the boost I was running. The motor was flowing to well, literally and outrunning the super charger. I'd love to see a cog based system that wouldn't slip just to see how much could be made.

Anyone got the specs on the stock GEN 3 cam shaft? I just want to compare the two.

111-310-10 Comp Cams 264

Gross valve lift - intake .520 exhaust .528

Duration @ .006 tappet lift 264 269

valve timing open close
@ .006 int: 18 BTDC 66 ABDC exh: 69 BBDC 20 ATDC

@114.0 intake center line
duration @ .050 Intake-212 exhaust-218
lobe lift .3250 .3300
lobe separation 114.0

from other forum posts
Viper Performance Cam

Camshaft offers 6–8 horsepower increase. Recommended for use with Race Engine Controller and 3" Race Exhaust.
Cam lift = 0.320" I/0.320"E.
Duration at 0.050" = 220.00 I/230.5 E.
Cam Centerline = 117° after top dead center.

Stock Cam

Lift 0.320 in.

Valve Timing-Exhaust Valve
Closes (ATC) 36.5°
Opens (BBC) 88.5°
Duration 305.0°
Valve Timing-Intake Valve
Closes (BTDC) 86.5°
Opens 23.5°
Duration 297.0°
Valve Overlap 60.0°

Last edited:
Bone said:
I was thinking of a few pranks on him when he comes down here. Like wiring up his horn to his brake! lol that's always a good one. He would be SO pissed knowing him.:D

Your a mess.... damn funny too... was at ROE today... and back. They do have their hands full that's for sure.

Sounds like your going to have a nice "little" project there. :rock:

NBT said:
Your a mess.... damn funny too... was at ROE today... and back. They do have their hands full that's for sure.

Sounds like your going to have a nice "little" project there. :rock:

I may just do it myself (with Taliban Dan). Told Dave I may cruise down on a Monday and pick up the goodies, update my Vec, and exchange harnesses.

You guys are right, it's all traction now.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back