I get the ho's.:idea:

Present in mail today. :D

Attachments

• camshaft.JPG
    camshaft.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 67
Bone said:
Present in mail today. :D
When you're done installing that one in your truck let me know. I'll get the parts and you can install the same in mine!:rock:

Actually, assuming I keep the truck and skip on the Viper, I've been giving some thought to Heads and Roller Rockers. Have no idea which heads though, and I don't want to get this thread off topic.:)

HaulinAsp said:
HEY.... Wtf that was supposed to go to my address......:D LOL

Yeah, just call 1-800-999-0853 and they can fix that issue. (have your cc # ready) :D

Hamrhead said:
When you're done installing that one in your truck let me know. I'll get the parts and you can install the same in mine!:rock:

Not a problem, Roktman (everyone's favorite) is actually coming down here to put his Heads, NOS, plug wires, and a few other goodies. It's all a matter of time. However I rent a local stall out and with most things, sometimes need a second person to help (since I am so tall). I don't have a lift at the house. It would be nice to have a lift with a 2-story garage!

Hamrhead said:
Actually, assuming I keep the truck and skip on the Viper, I've been giving some thought to Heads and Roller Rockers. Have no idea which heads though, and I don't want to get this thread off topic.:)
Not off topic at all. I plan to do heads with the cam. If I am going to tear into my truck that much, I might as well upgrade other parts. I've been looking at about 4-5 companies that do heads, anywhere from Indy to Striker heads. Striker seems to be the top of the line, along with it comes top of the price ladder, around 6500.

It's all a domino principle. Buy a cam, might as well upgrade the push rods, with new rods need to know about what kind of heads to cut the push rod lengths, with that do I need new rockers, since my heads are off might as well upgrade springs/retainers/shims. H_ll the intake manifold is off, may even look at porting it.

If I didn't have to pull the engine, I would put forged pistons in.

Bone said:
Not a problem, Roktman (everyone's favorite) is actually coming down here to put his Heads, NOS, plug wires, and a few other goodies.

I thought Dave was going with the Roe SC.:confused: :dontknow:

This is funny this topic has come up. I'm considering Heads/Rockers/Roe SC to try to get up to 625whp/650wtq. I've thought about a cam as well and think that it would be a good idea to do it if I'm changing the heads.

Bone- What hp/tq numbers are you shooting for? I know you've already upgraded your transmission, which I don't want to do at this point, but I do realize that you probably picked up a little hp from that due to efficiency.

Two questions really quick. I know the answers have to be vague because they're estimations, but for anyone who feels confident at giving it a shot....

For a QC, given the following mods, what rwhp level would you expect?
-Off Road Midpipes & Magnaflow catback
-K&N drop in
-Striker Gen 3 Street Heads
-Jesel Shaft mount roller rockers
-Computer Flash for given setup

Then, that setup with the addition of:
-Roe twin screw at 5 - 5.5psi (including VEC3 (tuned on top of PCM) and Meth Injection)

I'm thinking close to 500whp/630+whp for the two given setups... but as I said, it's really a blind guess because no one has done this particular setup yet, so any ideas?

Last edited:
BigBlackQC said:
This is funny this topic has come up. I'm considering Heads/Rockers/Roe SC to try to get up to 625whp/650wtq. I've thought about a cam as well and think that it would be a good idea to do it if I'm changing the heads.

Bone- What hp/tq numbers are you shooting for? I know you've already upgraded your transmission, which I don't want to do at this point, but I do realize that you probably picked up a little hp from that due to efficiency.

Two questions really quick. I know the answers have to be vague because they're estimations, but for anyone who feels confident at giving it a shot....

-K&N drop in

-Roe twin screw at 5 - 5.5psi (including VEC3 (tuned on top of PCM) and Meth Injection)

I'm thinking close to 500whp/630+whp for the two given setups... but as I said, it's really a blind guess because no one has done this particular setup yet, so any ideas?

LMAO, figured you'd find your way over here....word up pimp....

Silverback said:
I thought Dave was going with the Roe SC.:confused: :dontknow:

LOL, I think he pissed them off too!

I asked him that question. Got several responses.

Told him with SC or without SC, you can't go wrong with ported heads. He is taking a vacation I believe with his girlfriend in FL (yeah, I know, let the comments begin :D ) and stopping by here for a few days. I'm right off of I-75. I've already installed most of the items he wants to do, so he is using me as non-hired help. lol. Plus, we have a dyno in town, less than a mile from where I use the lift. So I will give the Dyno some business, plus the local muffler shop some business. Good honest people down here. We also have a track 25 miles away. So he can get the works at a reduced price.

So, last I heard, Heads, wires, NOS, wideband A/F gauges, Moe's driveshaft safety loop.

BigBlackQC said:

-K&N drop in

The Striker Heads would be the biggest varible for me. I have seen their flow numbers and look great. There is plenty of potential there. I don't have experience with their heads but have only heard good things. Somebody else may be able to give you a estimate of RWHP. IMHO, 500/630 would be too low of numbers with the Strikers, even with a QC. There's potential with the right tuning for 100-120 ponies with those strikers, maybe even a little more. Ask one of the guys who has them (1fast400?).

But one thing you haven't mentioned for the QC is the torque converter. As far as racing/going fast, my best mod has been my torque converter so far, hands down. Completely different truck with it. However, I did upgrade the tranny at the same time and some of the diff will be through the loss or non-loss of the new tranny. Hey Suncoast at the end of the month, could be you?!

Bone said:
LOL, I think he pissed them off too!

I asked him that question. Got several responses.

Told him with SC or without SC, you can't go wrong with ported heads. He is taking a vacation I believe with his girlfriend in FL (yeah, I know, let the comments begin :D ) and stopping by here for a few days. I'm right off of I-75. I've already installed most of the items he wants to do, so he is using me as non-hired help. lol. Plus, we have a dyno in town, less than a mile from where I use the lift. So I will give the Dyno some business, plus the local muffler shop some business. Good honest people down here. We also have a track 25 miles away. So he can get the works at a reduced price.

So, last I heard, Heads, wires, NOS, wideband A/F gauges, Moe's driveshaft safety loop.

No comments from me, but do tell him I said hi, and hope all is going well with him.

BigBlackQC said:
Bone- What hp/tq numbers are you shooting for?
No limits for me....:D

Silverback said:
No comments from me, but do tell him I said hi, and hope all is going well with him.
If you want I will tell him hi.
I was thinking of a few pranks on him when he comes down here. Like wiring up his horn to his brake! lol that's always a good one. He would be SO pissed knowing him.:D

Bone said:
Not off topic at all. I plan to do heads with the cam. If I am going to tear into my truck that much, I might as well upgrade other parts. I've been looking at about 4-5 companies that do heads, anywhere from Indy to Striker heads. Striker seems to be the top of the line, along with it comes top of the price ladder, around 6500.

It's all a domino principle. Buy a cam, might as well upgrade the push rods, with new rods need to know about what kind of heads to cut the push rod lengths, with that do I need new rockers, since my heads are off might as well upgrade springs/retainers/shims. H_ll the intake manifold is off, may even look at porting it.

If I didn't have to pull the engine, I would put forged pistons in.

For me, I figure a decent set of Heads w/ RR's (Most likely Pushrods as well) would give a very nice boost in HP, and would be a relatively easy swap without changing the cam.:) Quite a few Viper owners seem to do this.

I know we've got a few choices for Heads from the Stryker's to a few companies that P&P the stockers. Like you said, more $$$ = more power, generally speaking.

I've considered supercharging, but then there's the major traction issues that go along with TONS of torque. Other than the stock tires, I'd get 22" Drag Radials if they were available - No slicks or smaller wheels for me. Though I would do CalTracs.

I have this idea in my head that Cylinder Heads would provide added higher RPM power, which would make the truck more controllable (traction) at WOT on the street - at least in 2nd gear and up. (1st is already toast:p ) Am I somewhat correct on this - Opinions?

Also, If I were to install Heads, does anyone know if DC (Or whoever) could program a Flash for that, or would I need a custom Dyno Tune? (Yeah, I can always call DC IF I get serious about this - just wondering if anyone already knows.:) )

Good Thread here!:rock:

Who has a mopar perf cam?

Comments, any dyno's? Does it lope? Do you need new 1.6 rockers?

droptail said:
Comments, any dyno's? Does it lope? Do you need new 1.6 rockers?
I believe we have 1.7s.

Anyone have aftermarket rockers that wants to comment here?

Last edited:
Hamrhead said:
I have this idea in my head that Cylinder Heads would provide added higher RPM power, which would make the truck more controllable (traction) at WOT on the street - at least in 2nd gear and up. (1st is already toast:p ) Am I somewhat correct on this - Opinions?

Also, If I were to install Heads, does anyone know if DC (Or whoever) could program a Flash for that, or would I need a custom Dyno Tune? (Yeah, I can always call DC IF I get serious about this - just wondering if anyone already knows.:) )

I'm sure DC could tune if you bring your truck in. Possibly going to a dyno and sending them your pulls with A/F ratio. But most likely it would have to be updated. I was going to tune with my VEC, wideband A/F gauge, and a local dyno.

Best idea is to call B&G or DC and ask the questions to them. I've asked a similar question (email) for my hemi. They do have some standard tunes already made.

Hamrhead said:
For me, I figure a decent set of Heads w/ RR's (Most likely Pushrods as well) would give a very nice boost in HP, and would be a relatively easy swap without changing the cam.:) Quite a few Viper owners seem to do this.

I know we've got a few choices for Heads from the Stryker's to a few companies that P&P the stockers. Like you said, more $$$ = more power, generally speaking.

I've considered supercharging, but then there's the major traction issues that go along with TONS of torque. Other than the stock tires, I'd get 22" Drag Radials if they were available - No slicks or smaller wheels for me. Though I would do CalTracs.

A good set of heads should add power through out the entire RPM range.

Bone said:
I believe we have 1.7s.

Anyone have aftermarket rockers that wants to comment here?
I have a set of T&D Roller 1.7s in my basement waiting to go on.

I have discussed this subject with my builder. You do not have to replace the rockers when installing the Mopar comp coupe cam, or either of the 2 predesigned cams that Comp Cams sells for Gen III Viper engines. You CAN replace them if you wish and might see a 5-10 rwhp gain.

I am replacing them because the cam I am installing is significantly more radical than any of those 3 cams. The cam I am using will also require head work. OEM heads will not flow enough in the higher rpm range to get the full benefit of the cam I am going to install. Strykers would be nice, but the are out of my budget so my builder will be porting and polishing the OEMs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back