Borla or Magnaflow

• Borla

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • Magnaflow

Votes: 31 58.5%

• Total voters

SuperZ

Reaction score
This will be with 3inch mids and high flow cats.I want a good tone with as little rasp and pop as possible.Ment to make a poll but couldnt figure out how to delete this thread.

Borla
157-140111.jpg

MagnaFlow
64215832.jpg

Last edited:
Get the Borla and pull your cats out... It'll sound awesome.....

It'll sound like the NY Philharmonic.........

D

Magnaflow seems to be the choice or consensus around here. As David said I run a full Billy Boat system and love it. Deepest available for these bad arse trucks and well worth the money. Those who have seen it and heard it are impressed with the sound but also the quality. I don't hear too much about the Borla but maybe I'm not paying attention or missing it?

Django said:
Get the Borla and pull your cats out... It'll sound awesome.....

It'll sound like the NY Philharmonic.........

D
I'm with D. If memory serves me the Borla exhaust has (had) a Mopar part number. There has also been a rash of Magnaflow muffler blow outs. Not sure what the status of the warranty claims for the members here who had problems. I love the sound of the Borla. Keep the rpm's up....... great tone!.. If I baby it, it's almost whisper quiet.

magnaflows..sound great and no problems..15K miles.......but a few have had holes develop in the muffler....:dontknow: ............

I also have the Magnaflow.... 30,000+ miles now. If you are not removing the rear cats, the Borla would be too quiet in my opinion. I like the Magnaflow's tone..... it does pop, but then again they all do. If you want best quality and sound, go with the Billy Boat (B&B) system. :)

joemags54 said:
I'm with D. If memory serves me the Borla exhaust has (had) a Mopar part number. There has also been a rash of Magnaflow muffler blow outs. Not sure what the status of the warranty claims for the members here who had problems. I love the sound of the Borla. Keep the rpm's up....... great tone!.. If I baby it, it's almost whisper quiet.

Guess thats why I never heard the exhaust from your truck. ;) I dont think the plastic has yet burned off the muffler it was wrapped in when new.

I had the borla and loved it. Right now I have a 3" from Roe that is pretty nice.

SuperZ said:
This will be with 3inch mids and high flow cats.I want a good tone with as little rasp and pop as possible.Ment to make a poll but couldnt figure out how to delete this thread.
Got a poll started for you.

I had the Borla on mine and loved it! Sounded great, looked great, and never had an issue.

TNVIPER said:
magnaflows..sound great and no problems..15K miles.......but a few have had holes develop in the muffler....:dontknow: ............

Love my magnaflow:rock: About 15,000 miles on mine with no problems either. Both systems look and sound great though.... Personal prefference I guess.

Stretch

I have heard both and the Borla sounds better to me. It is a little bit deeper than the Magnaflows.

I believe the Borla has a more tuned sound rather than just being loud.....

It's a rounder and less blappy or harsh sounding.....

Maybe it's just for those guys whose intent is NOT to intentionally piss off the neighbors.

Too me, Magnaflows are just loud...... But, some guys like that.....

D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back