oldcolt's NA Build

so...what is your total RWHP? :dontknow: if you gained 103rwhp from what you originally started with?

Things have spread out over a few threads.......

We started with 387rwhp, added a striker cam and got the timing issue resolved and went to 472rwhp. We did a base run with the striker heads with the stock head tune and went to 552rwhp. Chris Jensen then went to work and dialed things in and we ended up with 575rwhp.:burnout::burnout:

oldcolt said:
Things have spread out over a few threads.......

We started with 387rwhp, added a striker cam and got the timing issue resolved and went to 472rwhp. We did a base run with the striker heads with the stock head tune and went to 552rwhp. Chris Jensen then went to work and dialed things in and we ended up with 575rwhp.:burnout::burnout:

??????
No trying to knock ur build, but I'm a bit confused. How did u only make 575 wheel? Didn't Ronnie make 573 wheel with his QC? I would think a RC should at least 30 hp more. For the price of strikers, I'd expect over 600 wheel in a RC, with the proper cam???

??????
No trying to knock ur build, but I'm a bit confused. How did u only make 575 wheel? Didn't Ronnie make 573 wheel with his QC? I would think a RC should at least 30 hp more. For the price of strikers, I'd expect over 600 wheel in a RC, with the proper cam???

There hasn't been a single N/A build with over 600rwhp... At least not with a reasonable cam.

??????

I have been following this and other threads pertaining to the subject very closely, peak rwhp is not what he was going after. He wanted an overall streetable build which is why they went with the cam they did. Makes it fun to drive both street and track. :burnout:

600hp ?
July or early august there will be:D

Last edited:
??????

Sorry guys I was on a plane all morning. Ronnies QC is actually at 577rwhp. There is a lot more power in the Strikers, with a ranker cam. Ron spec'd the cam based on what I wanted the truck to do.

There was a Viper being tunes this weekend with a Striker build. It put down more peak HP, but was not what I would call streetable. It would make a great track car. It is what the owner wants.....he wanted a big #.

Ironhead is changing his cam and will be well into the 600's. With the right tune, it will run fine. Chris was able to tune the Viper and make it a lot easier to drive around town.

So non-ported strikers + Roe 710 cam + 10.86:1 compression will get you there, or am I missing things?
That's what I'm looking at I will have pic right thickness head gaskets to hit 10.85,at least I beleive it should ,the cam is 40 thou more lift and it will be a bit more on compression when done ,all I need is 25 more on HP and tq and I'm there
:rock:
That and with a forged bottom end and a 150 to 200 shot I should be smoking baby

That's what I'm looking at I will have pic right thickness head gaskets to hit 10.85,at least I beleive it should ,the cam is 40 thou more lift and it will be a bit more on compression when done ,all I need is 25 more on HP and tq and I'm there
:rock:
That and with a forged bottom end and a 150 to 200 shot I should be smoking baby

Another point I forgot to mention.....I'm on a stock bottom end, so I did not want to go to/over 600. I am going to drive and enjoy what I have and latter on if I want, I will forge the internals and go to the next level.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back