oldcolt's NA Build

Well, we are off to the dyno this weekend. The truck is running great, feels strong and is fairly quick. I can't wait for Chris to get it dialed in!:rock::rock:

I will write up a post on the whole experience once we are done.:)

must not be too happy with results ,,if they were great i would think they would be up and posted by now :dontknow:

The results are really good!! Seen them first hand, Burt is swamped with dyno tune day 2 today, I'm sure he will update when he gets some time, I know for a fact that he is beyond happy with Chris Jensen's amazing tuning!!!

This is killing me!!! Somebody give us an idea... did it hit 600whp or close to it?

I heard it made 800+ at the wheels. Old Colt was so happy that he refuses to get out of his truck, even to post. Did anyone else hear this? :p

I heard it made 800+ at the wheels. Old Colt was so happy that he refuses to get out of his truck, even to post. Did anyone else hear this? :p

I heard it made 1200 rwhp ,,he is out buying new tires because just pulling away from a stop sign just smokes them tires :D

Haha, you guys are funny!!!!:D:D I was so busy this weekend, I just could not get time to post.:p

Who is the happiest guy on the forums?? ME!!!!

I went to ronnie a couple of years ago and we planned this build. We did it differently, due to my trucks lack of power from the factory and taking the time to learn what the issues were and how to correct them.

I was lucky because ronnie and Jason were willing to take the time and explain things so well and not waste time and money chasing the wrong things. I was in no hurry so we spent lots of time getting all of the right things together.

Ron promised me early on what the results would be. He delivered! The build finished exactly the way it was promised. I wanted a truck that I could drive for thousands of miles at a time with no issues and have lots of power and what the heck, how about better mileage??

I did not want a rank cam that would produce all sorts of highend HP, but make the truck a POS around town. I have never been to a drag strip, so I was not looking for an all out racer. We talked at length on how to stage the build and away we went.

Ronnies truck has always been very fast and very reliable. I'm sure he get's the best mileage of any QC I have seen. His truck runs cool, it doesn't act up.

Ron spec'd a cam that suited what I wanted and said power would be very close to what his made. How is 1.8HP difference?? My truck is a missle. The quality of the build is second to none. Everything is exactly the way I wanted it. I couldn't be happier.:rock::rock:

The point of the build of course was to have Strikers. They are an fantastic head. My truck runs cooler (stock thermostat) and for the short time I've driven it since Chris tuned it on Saturday, the mileage is up. I haven't done pen to paper, but going by the increase on the indicator and watching the gauge, it's there. I'm going to say I'm up at least 1.5 -2.0 mpg on the highway.

Is there more in the Striker's? Yes. We tuned a viper yesterday that was well into the 600's NA. It has a very aggressive cam and idle and part throttle are a real problem. Chris spent hours making that car run right. But, that's not what I wnated. The viper would be an excellent road race car, but I think it is over the limit of a streetable build. The owner has had issues for years and it is all related to the cam choice. I don't want a vehicle that stalls at every light and you wonder if it will start. BTW, Chris has this car running as well as it can. It doesn't stall anymore and does not buck at part throttle anymore.

This could be a book, but to sum up, I am 100% satisfied with the build. I recommend you speak to ronnie if you want an NA build. Strikers are worth the price. His expertise is worth the price. He is an honest person, who will give you honest answers.:rock::rock::rock::rock:

I almost forgot, we gained 103rwhp with heads, over stock. Ronnies Striker cam was already in my truck with the stock heads.

Last edited:
For those that didn't see my truck this weekend, I should mention my truck looks very stock under the hood, to the untrained eye. You can see headers and that's it. I have the stock air box, with a K&N filter, no CAI here. The engine is wider due to the heads, it kind of has a big block look.:drool:

For those that didn't see my truck this weekend, I should mention my truck looks very stock under the hood, to the untrained eye. You can see headers and that's it. I have the stock air box, with a K&N filter, no CAI here. The engine is wider due to the heads, it kind of has a big block look.:drool:

Post a picture!

I'll vouch for the sleeper look, to someone who doesn't know any better it looks 100% stock. Burt's truck is beautiful, perfect look, perfect stance, super sleeper look, and builds great power.

Who is the happiest guy on the forums?? ME!!!!

I went to ronnie a couple of years ago and we planned this build. We did it differently, due to my trucks lack of power from the factory and taking the time to learn what the issues were and how to correct them.

I was lucky because ronnie and Jason were willing to take the time and explain things so well and not waste time and money chasing the wrong things. I was in no hurry so we spent lots of time getting all of the right things together.

Ron promised me early on what the results would be. He delivered! The build finished exactly the way it was promised. I wanted a truck that I could drive for thousands of miles at a time with no issues and have lots of power and what the heck, how about better mileage??

I did not want a rank cam that would produce all sorts of highend HP, but make the truck a POS around town. I have never been to a drag strip, so I was not looking for an all out racer. We talked at length on how to stage the build and away we went.

Ronnies truck has always been very fast and very reliable. I'm sure he get's the best mileage of any QC I have seen. His truck runs cool, it doesn't act up.

Ron spec'd a cam that suited what I wanted and said power would be very close to what his made. How is 1.8HP difference?? My truck is a missle. The quality of the build is second to none. Everything is exactly the way I wanted it. I couldn't be happier.:rock::rock:

The point of the build of course was to have Strikers. They are an fantastic head. My truck runs cooler (stock thermostat) and for the short time I've driven it since Chris tuned it on Saturday, the mileage is up. I haven't done pen to paper, but going by the increase on the indicator and watching the gauge, it's there. I'm going to say I'm up at least 1.5 -2.0 mpg on the highway.

Is there more in the Striker's? Yes. We tuned a viper yesterday that was well into the 600's NA. It has a very aggressive cam and idle and part throttle are a real problem. Chris spent hours making that car run right. But, that's not what I wnated. The viper would be an excellent road race car, but I think it is over the limit of a streetable build. The owner has had issues for years and it is all related to the cam choice. I don't want a vehicle that stalls at every light and you wonder if it will start. BTW, Chris has this car running as well as it can. It doesn't stall anymore and does not buck at part throttle anymore.

This could be a book, but to sum up, I am 100% satisfied with the build. I recommend you speak to ronnie if you want an NA build. Strikers are worth the price. His expertise is worth the price. He is an honest person, who will give you honest answers.:rock::rock::rock::rock:

I almost forgot, we gained 103rwhp with heads, over stock. Ronnies Striker cam was already in my truck with the stock heads.

so...what is your total RWHP? :dontknow: if you gained 103rwhp from what you originally started with?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back