oldcolt's NA Build

That's right too, I forgot you did it last year, your mods done for now then and did they all get done?:D

For now!! Don't tell my wife!!:D:D

There might be one change before the dyno day!:burnout::burnout:

Here are a couple of pics.

oops!!

Last edited:
Here are a couple of pics.

1616t-heads-036.jpg

1618-heads-042.jpg

1617t-heads-051.jpg

You need to email me the pictures again so I can post them full size hehehehehehehe

Now those look .... Really Good!!!!!

On a sad note, I just found out my mom's husband has passed away. I'm going to be off-line for a bit....need to make some phone calls.

Just for the inquiring mind .What is the stock CC on striker heads ? I see you posted you shaved them down to get to 70cc,s

Just for the inquiring mind .What is the stock CC on striker heads ? I see you posted you shaved them down to get to 70cc,s

Strikers range from 58 to 82 cc. ; it depends what a customer wants.

Last edited:
Strikers range from 58 to 82 cc. ; it depends what a customer wants.
What if they were bought off the sheilf from a goober who did not know what he was doing ,,AKA the guy i got my heads from ,I think he called up and just ordered a street racer set

ya need to pull them back off & cc them????:dontknow::banghead::D:rock:

What if they were bought off the sheilf from a goober who did not know what he was doing ,,AKA the guy i got my heads from ,I think he called up and just ordered a street racer set

So, you are trying to determine what YOUR engine's static compression ratio is...right?

Without pulling the heads and doing some measurements (as mentioned), there is no way for you or I to know where it is.

A compression test really won't tell you much as your cam will cause the cylinder to blow-down with your starter at cranking speed and won't give you a very clear picture for a guesstimate. It also depends on the lifter style.

With a 70 cc chamber, o.e.m. flat-tops, stock-length rods, a virgin block (not decked), the pistons .030" down the hole @ T.D.C., standard bore and a Gen IV style head gasket, you will generate 10.85.

At the risk of over simplification, your c.r. is what it is. Just tune the engine so it won't ping or detonate at W.O.T. on a dyno (preferably a loading-style dyno) on the octane of fuel you will ALWAYS be using. Have the tuner check part-throttle behaviour as well so it isn't running too lean and leaning towards engine ping. Other than that, enjoy your truck!

Hope this helps..

Ronnie

PS- Aren't you the guy that had 200+ p.s.i. cranking?

Just a sugestion if looking for your chamber cc.,if you bought hem new,woudnt the heads have a part# on your bill that could be tracked back to find out the head specs?

I know it's up to the owner on what kind of performance you are looking for but what do think is the best cc size on the striker heads for our trucks?

It would depend on what you intend on doing with the truck ie n20 turbo n/a supercharger....there is not one specific head that would cover all these basis....even n/a there are lots of ways you could go cam designs change alot compression ratio with race gas without ....your question was very vague in order for us to help you more tell us what your end goal is that you have in mind

i want a 625 to 650 hp n/a beast :D i am making plans on next setup with the oem block on the stand now that came out of my sled,i plan on another swap out at end of summer,after my poor wore out body heals up from this last one ,,forged bottom end and 10.7 to 1 to 10.8 to 1 ,,just enough to run pump gas ,then I'm going to spray a 200 shot :rock:

Last edited:
It would depend on what you intend on doing with the truck ie n20 turbo n/a supercharger....there is not one specific head that would cover all these basis....even n/a there are lots of ways you could go cam designs change alot compression ratio with race gas without ....your question was very vague in order for us to help you more tell us what your end goal is that you have in mind
Ok I understand I guess the build I'm thinking of doing is just your basic N/A build. I want to get as much safe HP out the build as possible with out NOS,FI or forging the engine. If possible 600HP with a quad cab not sure if it's possible and still stay realiable?

i want a 625 to 650 hp n/a beast :D i am making plans on next setup with the oem block on the stand now that came out of my sled,i plan on another swap out at end of summer,after my poor wore out body heals up from this last one ,,forged bottom end and 10.7 to 1 to 10.8 to 1 ,,just enough to run pump gas ,then I'm going to spray a 200 shot :rock:

That shouldn't be a problem. I WAS at 577 and 607 Torque through an automatic without headers, a razor tune, or Intake Manifold mods on a stock reciprocating, and with cats.

577 (still with pump gas and the same small camshaft) +headers +tune +Intake Manifold Mods= 640+

REMEMBER YOU CAN ALWAYS PORT YOUR STRIKERS IF YOU WANT TO GAIN EVEN MORE POWER.

Just try to keep the torque high (it is a truck ;)) as you'll get a see-saw effect with horsepower and torque if you start going strictly for horsepower numbers.

A BIG increase in torque with nitrous. You'll have one of those engines with different special power that "revs up quicker than most" :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back