Opinions Good and Bad on STS turbo kit?

Hey Venemous, tell you what. go get you a STS install it on your truck, tune in and drive it for a year. if it makes it that long ill be suprised. not one has lived. Scotty's lived the longest even had 3 or 4 people tune it Sean Roe included. It still eate two motors. Prove us wrong.

LOL now you jsut hush LOL we will let them know soon enough:D

as far as me telling stuff on this forum? not a chance , there is just too many bitches that want to pick and needle everything to death , since I dont precisely say this or that, but the ones that have contacted me otherwise, I take that time and explain in detail,

too many folks on here look for a reason jsut to pick a argument these days, so far as I am concerned, no info on this forum for me, I will leave it to the experts that have done it for sooooo many years, but thanks for the invite

I bet Smoke will sell you an STS system cheap...he needs the money to rebuild his engine, AGAIN!
Well there you go venomlessnone. Slap the shit on there and show us.:D

OK, I will agree that JMB Justin has years of experience on tweaking 10s and a few others as well and has done most of the R&D involved to make a bad ass 10. Thing is, just about ANY turbo, N2O, or SC system can be thrown on our trucks and make good power, STS or front mount. There are so many variables from "putting a kit together" that must be accounted for. I can say that there is NO WAY that the STS Turbo kit itself is killing the 10s and have a bad rep. I can say that you can ANYTHING CAN BE TUNED TO RUN CORRECTLY WITHOUT FEAR OF BLOWING UP!!! It's not the power being thrown at out 10s that's killing them, it's 95% in the TUNE! If you DO NOT DATALOG cruise conditions, WOT pulls and such your dynosheets mean shit! I tune LSX platform cars and the only time my customers go to the dyno is to see #'s. I TUNE NOTHING ON THE DYNO!!!!!! Nothing can 100% replicate "ON ROAD" conditions whether a load bearing dyno or not. All my tuning ( although may not be considered safe by some) is done on backroads with 3 miles straightaways and rarely ever traffic. We do a pull from idle, a pull from 40, and a pull from 70 and use the data collected while logging to correct for timing and A/F. My customers DO NOT BLOW engines unless it was a failure of some other part of the system (ex.)injectors (rare), fuel pumps ( NOT SO RARE), ingnition system ( occasional)

I believe these sytems that " Kill V-10 Viper engines" are just never tuned correctly from the get go. I can also say that just because someone can afford to buy the tuning software, does NOT make them a tuner!!!!!!!!
You have to know how to use the software and also know what the engine is wanting by understanding your datalogs. ;)
Have I told you to STFU lately?!?! :marchmellow:

Well there you go venomlessnone. Slap the shit on there and show us.:D

Have I told you to STFU lately?!?! :marchmellow:

Birthday is over Biatch! And you're lil Hanky poo is out of the office for now. Back to work hoe!
Anyone willing to put their money where their mouth is can foot the bill for an STS or F'n Ebay turbo kit and I will run it on my 80K mile engine and produce not ONLY dyno #'s but F'n track #'s being I DO run mine;):burnout:
I can say with alot of real racers on this forum, that mine has put down at least 100 passes NA. I run mine! I have no problem running anything anyone wants to purchase, donate, produce, R&D, etc. Give me a shout. I'd be THE FASTEST QUAD CAB VIPER RAM ON EARTH! 6 speed or not! Bet on that! I also have, right here in Waco Texas, one of the best Turbo Suppliers/Customizers on the planet. Ever heard of Majectic Turbo? Check into it, as I surely have been and they have built several Turbos for me and other folks worldwide.;) Again, whomever would like to put their MONEY where their MOUTH is I will prove them wrong and be the fastest QC on this planet earth. As a newly divorced single dad, I cannot afford to purchase the required parts to even start this project. Provide me the parts and I'll take care of the tuning;)

Last edited:
Hey Venemous, tell you what. go get you a STS install it on your truck, tune in and drive it for a year. if it makes it that long ill be suprised. not one has lived. Scotty's lived the longest even had 3 or 4 people tune it Sean Roe included. It still ate two motors. Prove us wrong.

Ok, but who honestly knows if the correct parts were used supporting mod wise? How did he drive it? Was it a track truck? How many passes? I'm not saying anything is gonna be bulletproof, I'm saying the parts can be used and tuned. I don't question Roe's tuning, but they are more Viper Car experts and as mentioned, boosting a 5600 truck is different and WILL require tuning that's totally different from a car using the exact same setup.;) Not saying that's what happened, just stating example.

Last edited:
i can get a kit off my buddy's camaro for cheap... like probably under $1k, but i'm not gonna buy it for you... i think it's a single 67, but that might be too small:dontknow:

i can get a kit off my buddy's camaro for cheap... like probably under $1k, but i'm not gonna buy it for you... i think it's a single 67, but that might be too small:dontknow:

Well, Fawk.... you gotta buy the shtuff dipshtick. :argh: Never too much boost, I can dump what I don't need to accomplish what I said. Find 2 67s and I'll make that put me in the mid to low 11's.
I'lll do single, twins, sequential, whatever:dontknow:;):rock:
Hey, beggars won't be choosers right?;):marchmellow:

Last edited:
I believe tuning is the key but if i had to choose over a front mount turbo or a rear mount such as the STS i would go with the front mount just because i have never been a fan of rear turbo mounts

I believe tuning is the key but if i had to choose over a front mount turbo or a rear mount such as the STS i would go with the front mount just because i have never been a fan of rear turbo mounts

Honestly I am (FOR THE RECORD) not a "FAN" of rear mount. I am stating that it's not the location of the turbos that's blowing the F*cking engines,lmao! I can tell you that there is substantial airflow underneath a car/truck and that in turn will keep the turbos waaay cooler! A huge plus! Pipe sizing to and from the turbos play a key role in boost lag as well as boost pressure in the intake. Kinda like blowing through a coffee stirrer straw compared to a normal straw. WIth the same amount of breath there will be 2 totally different dynamics of airflow, pressure, and time for that same amount of breath to reach the same length of straw.;)

Hey. This thread was about offering an opinion! If you don't like someones opinion , offer your own , if you choose, but no sense trying to convince others that your opinion is the only one that is sound ! It's like advice , it's free and you don't have to believe it. Open minds will learn more listening than from confrontation!

The STS system is not very well made was my understanding. If your going to put the money out for something so expensive (turbo) why not go with something proven that all bugs have already been worked out. As such tuning does not take care of cheap materials and shoddy craftsmanship and to get this thread back on track to help a fellow member, email Justin at JMB. He totally could have upsold me or told me things I didn't need and instead said here is what you have to no matter what you decide and here are your options for power adders and the good and bad about all of them. Not saying he knows the most or is better then anyone. I just believe that his shop having a good name is more important than making a buck. Oh and STS is bad welds heard from dealer in area who wouldn't take a truck on trade because it had that system.

Now why you gotta go there? Nothing at all "turd" about my truck? Oh yeah, I guess you can have an opinion, I forgot.:eek:

Now come on venomcooch. Take it the same way that you dish it out. :D:D

Also google STS turbo problem and every car that they make them for says the same thing cheaply made, poorly designed, and very inefficient. Reminds me of the reebok pumps from the early 90s didn't actually do any good but with enough advertising people continued to buy them lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back