Opinions Good and Bad on STS turbo kit?

the STS is like everything else, period, you get what you pay for, a good turbo system complete is around $30-$50 k not 5k

Also google STS turbo problem and every car that they make them for says the same thing cheaply made, poorly designed, and very inefficient. Reminds me of the reebok pumps from the early 90s didn't actually do any good but with enough advertising people continued to buy them lol

LMAO!!:D You have a really good point! :rock:I remeber those Reebok pumps,I had the first ones when they came out! LOL!:rock::D

Really? $30-$50K. Okay.............................:confused: Think somebody is giving you shitty pricing.;):burnout:

no your just ass cheap, with a turbo system you have to upgrade the engine, trans , rear axle, you can get someone to do a half ass build, and later spend more money, but to get it done right an right the first time, it takes a dime or two,
or you can get half ass bob an get one done

30k is about the minimum And that is without a bullet proof setup, that is just covering your bases really in the longevity department

30k is about the minimum And that is without a bullet proof setup, that is just covering your bases really in the longevity department

exactly man, the one thing I or we are gonna refuse to do, no inferior parts , and basically its a full on deal, you have to look at the cooling, the engine managment to the drivetrain, hence the new carbon shafts and so on, that is one reason eddies has took a bit, I refuse to do it on the cheap down low, all the internals from his billet crank to billet cam, so on , the materials of the headers , trans build all is top deal, that way down the road, he isnt callin me with probs, oh

hey eddie:p

My thoughts exactly. I mean they have been on the road for almost 8 years it's a bit late to try to reinvent the wheel and a less reliable or useable one at that.

no your just ass cheap, with a turbo system you have to upgrade the engine, trans , rear axle, you can get someone to do a half ass build, and later spend more money, but to get it done right an right the first time, it takes a dime or two,
or you can get half ass bob an get one done

Now I'm ass cheap? C'mon! You said the Turbo System was $30-$50K. You didn't say a DTS Rear, Beefed up tranny, forging the engine. We were talking about making a system work. If I had $50K laying around I'd invest in Garrett Turbo stock or something, surely not spend it on ONE turbo system? Yeah if you are including all labor, built rear, built tranny, guages, driveshaft, etc. than yeah I can see $30K. Not at all $30K for just the "TURBO SYSTEM".

Really a good clutch should take care of the supporting mods. Rear end, tranny, etc. are all things that can survive if used properly. The fastest 60ft. times are on the Dana Super 60 without fail. Hmmmm.....come to think of it many of the trannys are stock as well.
Yes it depends on one's budget as well as one's knowledge. Many folks will buy Ocean Front Property in Arizona. Believe that! ;)
What's neccessity in some's eyes does not deem it mandatory!;)

Now I'm ass cheap? C'mon! You said the Turbo System was $30-$50K. You didn't say a DTS Rear, Beefed up tranny, forging the engine. We were talking about making a system work. If I had $50K laying around I'd invest in Garrett Turbo stock or something, surely not spend it on ONE turbo system? Yeah if you are including all labor, built rear, built tranny, guages, driveshaft, etc. than yeah I can see $30K. Not at all $30K for just the "TURBO SYSTEM".

Really a good clutch should take care of the supporting mods. Rear end, tranny, etc. are all things that can survive if used properly. The fastest 60ft. times are on the Dana Super 60 without fail. Hmmmm.....come to think of it many of the trannys are stock as well.
Yes it depends on one's budget as well as one's knowledge. Many folks will buy Ocean Front Property in Arizona. Believe that! ;)
What's neccessity in some's eyes does not deem it mandatory!;)

an this is why I am glad you will never enter my shop, and yes I consider it a system, I will not install jsut a set of turbos to have someone make a few hp and later down the road the shaft bearings come out of the tranny, the rear axles warp, spiders pop, you do it your way, and we will keep ours, I kinda like it that way, if you cant afford the way I do things, well I am sorry, I may end up standing around throwing rocks at brandon, but I will still be happy ,
like previously said, not done half ass

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back