Orange theme on Black 10?

UGASRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OrangeBrakes.jpg

srt10_valvecover.jpg

ORangerpwrd.jpg

Got inspired by Justin's Valve Covers. Thinking about doing up the engine bay and calipers in Orange. Also graphite the wheels (cant figure out how to emulate that in photoshop) I'd have to have the "powered" part of the Viper powered emblem on the hood made out of orange vinyl to bring it all together.
My old man has a powercoat set up down in FLA. Just have to get the truck down there and pay for the powder.

Opinions?

You'll be set for Halloween! :rock:

I think it is GREAT. The more orange the better. I hear Rocky Top playing in the background.

Orange and black for sure!! Go Giants baby!:rock:

I hear Rocky Top playing in the background.

This comment alone has me re-thinking the whole concept. No way im rollin' a Vols theme truck in Athens!:D

@AWE Daniel: how did you tint the wheels? im just a novice in photoshop, couldn't figure that out.

Last edited:
This comment alone has me re-thinking the whole concept. No way im rollin' a Vols theme truck in Athens!:D

@AWE Daniel: how did you tint the wheels? im just a novice in photoshop, couldn't figure that out.

I wondered about that!!:rock::rock:

those magnesium valve covers are a bitch to powdercoat,i would recomend sending them to justin,like i did after two tries (my powdercoater screwed up two sets up,because they "outgassed" and bubbled up)

Just make a selection with the lasso tool, and paint inside the selection with a brush with about 20% opacity.

go hugger orange :) Iknow, Chevy color but still the best orange!!

I had the black and orange theme on my truck. There's a couple pics of it on here.

I like the all black with a little orange. However i can't get that Tennessee symbolism out of my head. Maybe do up a semi-gloss black and red look. Kind of like those SWEET carbon fiber valve covers and intake but with powder coat.

I would also look at tinting the headlight housings orange and also tint cover the foglights with 20% orange film. Some custom orange hood emblem and perhaps some orange hood scoop mesh too might be OK. Black rims with orange center caps would look sharp too, a subtle but noticeable contrast. Just a few thoughts off the top of my head. Good luck, sounds like fun! :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back