I like that red/silver or white....

Thanks for the idea!

Its Silver...

Done by Jeff Williams

Jeffwilliamsstudios.com

He also did this for me:

IMG_0042.jpg

Anders said:
So I painted my silver SRT-10 matte black. I just got it out of the paint booth.

I need some advice, please. What about some red pinstriping, to accent the brake calipers? Either along the sides or over the hood.. Any ideas anyone?

I will probably smoke the rear LEDs and add a Fire&ice LED underneath the tailgate to improve safety instead.

I was planning on running side exhaust, but can't find a good rear bumper withouth exhaust cutout. Anyone have a good source?

Some photos:

before:

dodgeviperbefore.jpg

After:

dodgeviper3.jpg

dodgeviper2.jpg

dodgeviper1.jpg

Man your resale $ will suck just My 02:dontknow:

thewelshm

Looks great!

I agree with the red pin stripes....maybe redo the "Viper" scoop decal in red? Smaller? to go with the pin stripes. Just a thought.

Are you leaving the grill and scoop open? I think the matt black grilles look great on the flat black trucks.

I'm sure you'll make it your own!

Nice QC, paint looks solid.

One of my parents is from Ubly btw.

don't do pinstripes... its matte black... I would go subtle, maybe gray white flames all the way around the hood if your gonna put stickers on it... putting any bling on that color is like lipstick on a pig, just black out everything.

The way it looks now is kind of a "military" or urban commando theme. Maybe add a pushbar ? add some flood lights to the front ? Lower it with some BFGooDrich KDW's for beefy tread looks... the matte black makes it look "tougher" in some way...

Being I love a black vehicle this "murdered" look gets my attention...but I need to see in person...pictures make me think "primer"...:dontknow: .........

I think it looks good, but it will look even better on a RC, like mine!!! I think maybe a satin flat black may be the way to go, something with a lil shine.

Outlawl said:
Nice QC, paint looks solid.

One of my parents is from Ubly btw.

don't do pinstripes... its matte black... I would go subtle, maybe gray white flames all the way around the hood if your gonna put stickers on it... putting any bling on that color is like lipstick on a pig, just black out everything.

The way it looks now is kind of a "military" or urban commando theme. Maybe add a pushbar ? add some flood lights to the front ? Lower it with some BFGooDrich KDW's for beefy tread looks... the matte black makes it look "tougher" in some way...
BINGO!!!! Couldn't agree more. Putting pinstripes on flat black is a HUGE no-no in my opinion. If you're gonna do that, then just put chrome 26's on it too, lol. I LOOOOOVE what you got going so far. Pinstripes will only contradict the whole idea......

SRTLUVR said:
BINGO!!!! Couldn't agree more. Putting pinstripes on flat black is a HUGE no-no in my opinion. If you're gonna do that, then just put chrome 26's on it too, lol. I LOOOOOVE what you got going so far. Pinstripes will only contradict the whole idea......

Thanks for the feedback.

Haven't decided yet. More photos coming...

Added emblems

Added some emblems.

Difficult to see with my cell phone camera, but now it starts to look like the vision I had...

frontemblems.jpg

sideemblems.jpg

Nice. Great subtle touch. I would stay away from any "blingy" badges whatsoever. What you've done so far is spot on. And yes, please, for the love of all that is holy, tint those front windows!!!

did they take off the side moldings, set the bed back for paint set the doors off to cut in or did they tape eveything off

redram10 said:
did they take off the side moldings, set the bed back for paint set the doors off to cut in or did they tape eveything off

I removed the hood, bed and doors. Easier that way....looks better too. Everything else was taped.

SRTLUVR said:
Nice. Great subtle touch. I would stay away from any "blingy" badges whatsoever. What you've done so far is spot on. And yes, please, for the love of all that is holy, tint those front windows!!!

Yep tint is coming.

Paint

I got some emails and PMs regarding the paint:

Here is what we did:

• Four coats of 9300 black
  • Four coats of hot rod black on top.
No wax, wash as usual. I have seen some clears (no polish, might be a spcial "dull" clear?) on top with very good result. Eight coats is enough for me though.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back