Paxton, headers and Heat:

sleeper said:
I hope your buying that strip close to me.

Just how many hp do 600 wings on 300 racing pigeons generate, and have they been trained to avoid black rc's?

RedSrt007 said:
Damn it, I hate agree'ing with you, but I got the same shafting from them.

No mike, I did not have headers by the way :D :D

did you still have that home made exhaust...????:D

Prof said:
Just how many hp do 600 wings on 300 racing pigeons generate, and have they been trained to avoid black rc's?
Each wing produces around .4 W say one watt per pidgeon around 600
W? little less than 1 HP..

steve

nycstev said:
Each wing produces around .4 W say one watt per pidgeon around 600
W? little less than 1 HP..

steve

wtf.....haaa.....ok .4 per beat?....hp is calculated with a time variable...so how many wing beats do the pigeons get?....

RedSrt007 said:
Damn it, I hate agree'ing with you, but I got the same shafting from them.

No mike, I did not have headers by the way :D :D

When I had my truck at PBJ Joe was able to call Sean on the phone on a late evening about how to setup my VEC3 with the Paxton Split Second and DC Performance computers. Sean knew exactly how to set it up. When I had questions about setting up my AEM a/f gauge to datalog Sean answered my e-mails within a day...usually a couple of hours.

That does have to suck after all the money you spent with them. I have the same kind of feelings about Woodhouse and Ringgold after my original motor blew up on the dyno. I'll never do business with either again.

Nowwhat said:
...........big ass, crap load and jack up are all measured in metric units btw

Well done Mike. :rock: I'm glad to see you are picking up some of those technical terms that I use.;) :D

Nowwhat said:
wtf.....haaa.....ok .4 per beat?....hp is calculated with a time variable...so how many wing beats do the pigeons get?....

Well power output for certain animals can be estimated if certain variables are known . In birds lifting force and wing length. There is an equation called the actuator -disc equation something like P =( L*3/2p(pi)r*2)1/2.
I think I recall in hawks it was something like 30 watts! I had some books on this crap probably covered with dust somewhere. I could probably find a link if your really interested.

Steve

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
When I had my truck at PBJ Joe was able to call Sean on the phone on a late evening about how to setup my VEC3 with the Paxton Split Second and DC Performance computers. Sean knew exactly how to set it up. When I had questions about setting up my AEM a/f gauge to datalog Sean answered my e-mails within a day...usually a couple of hours.

That does have to suck after all the money you spent with them. I have the same kind of feelings about Woodhouse and Ringgold after my original motor blew up on the dyno. I'll never do business with either again.

Your experience with Roe is the same as mine. I have never waited until the next day for a response from Dave or Sean...If I could only get Amy to call me...I emailed Boomer today, and in two hours I had a response...I love spending money with people who treat me well...so I understand 1fast400's frustration.

I am calling on our favored providers....for the 10th or 12th time...it would be so great if DC Performance, X-Metal, Roe Racing, and Underground would be supportive of one another...they really are not competitors...for the most part this is a geographical business...95% of us will not ship our trucks across the country to get work done...(with the notable exceptions of Walt and Jack, who can afford to do anything they want).

I know, "Roy, get your head out of your ass and into the real world..."

I can dream...can't I?

nycstev said:
Well power output for certain animals can be estimated if certain variables are known . In birds lifting force and wing length. There is an equation called the actuator -disc equation something like P =( L*3/2p(pi)r*2)1/2.
I think I recall in hawks it was something like 30 watts! I had some books on this crap probably covered with dust somewhere. I could probably find a link if your really interested.

Steve

you know when you get a raging boner and that sucker will pulse up and down on its own.....?....how many watts is that...?..I would like to say I am running like 30-40 watts....

Sorry to bring up a sore subject Silver....just tie a string to the end and lift up and down...

Silver, I'm not here to start trouble. I wanted to address 3 things on this board and that was it. Explain why I made the change to the paxton since people were asking. The other was to make an open offer to stinker in good fun and third to offer a free track day for the guys if they wanted to do it. That's all.

Nowwhat said:
you know when you get a raging boner and that sucker will pulse up and down on its own.....?....how many watts is that...?..I would like to say I am running like 30-40 watts....

Sorry to bring up a sore subject Silver....just tie a string to the end and lift up and down...
Lmfao.. thats why i like this F---ing Forum! now you got me thinking about a Horse woodie... how much is he pullin?' 1 horse?:p

steve

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back