Paxton, headers and Heat:

sleeper said:
Not true. 1Fast400 lost 2 engines with his Roe.

Totally wrong....both failures were oil pump.

Check your facts, engage brain then, let your fingers roam.

Prof. don't be such a dick. We all know that the oil pump failed, but don't you think maybe that the extra vibration from the Roe may have caused it. If you noticed he sold the blower after the 2nd failure, and I heard he putting a paxton on now.

from my understanding the oil pump failure was from a different gear on the oil pump not a stock style gear harmonics caused it to shatter, i could be wrong so dont quote me on it.

eddie1028700 said:
from my understanding the oil pump failure was from a different gear on the oil pump not a stock style gear harmonics caused it to shatter, i could be wrong so dont quote me on it.
Failure #1 is a guess. #2 was improper install. Until someone beats nowwhats time with header + paxton I am going to belive him... We can all talk, but he is putting down the numbers...

I think it was the stock pump and gear the first time. The second time around he had the stock gear cryoed or frozen. Hope I'm not wrong. So does this sound right Prof?

sleeper said:
Prof. don't be such a dick. We all know that the oil pump failed, but don't you think maybe that the extra vibration from the Roe may have caused it. If you noticed he sold the blower after the 2nd failure, and I heard he putting a paxton on now.

Sorry, I yield to your superior knowledge about forced induction.

Roy

ViperTruck2933 said:
My tuner told me they ARE beneficial for paxton trucks. He also tuned DAVET's truck to 700 rwhp on stock motor.:dontknow:

Thass all I'm sayin"...:D :D :D
Once again:
DaveT's engine is *almost* stock (Post #19 in this thread).
I think we need a different example.

Mike- I guess I could change the "Good gains" to "HP gains possible (if you know WTF you're doing)".
:D

I think the one way to settle the F/I-exhaust issue is to have two QC trucks dyno both EXACT setups, then RUN both down the track (or around the track, as is my preference), then a run to 7-11 and back to pick up a 12-pack.
First one back with the beer wins.
:)

BigRed460 said:
Failure #1 is a guess. #2 was improper install. Until someone beats nowwhats time with header + paxton I am going to belive him... We can all talk, but he is putting down the numbers...
not questioning nowhat's time at all. like i said earlier not to quote me on anything.

sleeper said:
I think it was the stock pump and gear the first time. The second time around he had the stock gear cryoed or frozen. Hope I'm not wrong. So does this sound right Prof?

As I understand it...in order to get a big ass boost #....you have to put a crap load of tension on the belt....the crap load puts too much strain on the crank which in turn jacks up the alignment of the gears in the oil pump..

big ass, crap load and jack up are all measured in metric units btw

ViperTruck2933 said:
Only difference is forged pistons. Do you think forged pistons is going to provide extra horsepower with the same boost settings[?]
As a matter of fact, I do. :)

Kevan said:
As a matter of fact, I do. :)
You have my attention.:D

How? Not being a smarta$$, here. I am being serious. I do not claim to know much about Paxtons.

I know that you can run more boost with the forged stock pistons, but you are not running more boost...how else can they give you more horsepower?
:confused:

could possible have one of those, i wouldnt blame him for the pics that i saw posted up from him....lol

ViperTruck2933 said:
You have my attention.:D

How? Not being a smarta$$, here. I am being serious. I do not claim to know much about Paxtons.

I know that you can run more boost with the forged stock pistons, but you are not running more boost...how else can they give you more horsepower?
:confused:

I am sure he didn't any extra power from the pistons....it is like higher octane....it only gives you more power if you adjust for it....

Nowwhat said:
I am sure he didn't any extra power from the pistons....it is like higher octane....it only gives you more power if you adjust for it....
I didn't think so either. The 2003 and the 2004 motors are rated at 500 hp from the factory. I also know DaveT was running 91 octane (I was there). :dontknow:

I guess I should ammend that:
-PROVIDE MORE HP? Probably not.
-ALLOW FOR MORE HP PRODUCTION WITH LESS CHANCE OF ENGINE FAILURE/DAMAGE VERSUS BONE STOCK? Yes.

Like I said, we need to find a *real* bone stock engine with a Paxton on it.
Dave's kicks ass, but it's not a good example for this debate.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back