Paxton, headers and Heat:

Nowwhat said:
you can get a BS on a lot of these sentences....:D

the manifolds on are trucks do not hold back your paxton....period...if they did...paxton trucks with headers would be making more power than paxton trucks without....but they aren't....cuz headers are not needed in this application....period....amen....
One more for the road... are you suggesting all FI including Roe? or just paxton?

Steve

who cares whether ya got headers or not?
if ya wantem putem on
paxtons are junk anyway!lololol
hell ya gotta throw 496lbs of nos attem to make the things run!lololol

Silent D said:
I believe there's actually a consensus, not a schism......

Every expert seems to agree that headers are applicable for hp gains in excess of 700...... and while Mike Brady was the first to make that specific delineation, I would presume that he'd get very little argument from Gary or others.

Djangone
I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment D. I think there is a definite schism here. Myself and several others here seem to heartily disagree with Mikes assertion that they only provide reasonable gains over 700 hp on the paxton trucks.

I personally would love to see a before and after dyno with NO other mods but the headers. I still think Mike (and you) would pick up another 30 or more hp and an equal helping of torque.;)

nycstev said:
One more for the road... are you suggesting all FI including Roe? or just paxton?

Steve

WTF nycstev? This is the 5th time you've posted the same damned message!:pcguru:

Is a fat roll laying on the keyboard or something? Pass out on the keyboard after huffing soiled panties???:D

Enough already!:p

Prof said:
You are so inscrutable...are you sure you are not a little bit Asian?

I tried, but failed going back into my cave. What's a guy got to do around here to get a little excitement generated?
POST SOME PICS OF NEKKID WOMEN

ViperTruck2933 said:
I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment D. I think there is a definite schism here. Myself and several others here seem to heartily disagree with Mikes assertion that they only provide reasonable gains over 700 hp on the paxton trucks.

I personally would love to see a before and after dyno with NO other mods but the headers. I still think Mike (and you) would pick up another 30 or more hp and an equal helping of torque.;)

I'm not entirely inclined to disagree with Mike, to a point. I believe he is just asserting that the factory manifolds flow pretty well, and that headers won't yield substantial gains until you're 700HP and up with a supercharger. Whether that means up to that point someone might not see more than a 5hp difference or a 30hp difference matters on a lot of factors. If you've done a cam and head swap (particularly Strikers), you're certainly going to see more results than on a stock cam/head setup with your Paxton.

The bottom line is that they won't ever hinder your engine's performance (providing you've insulated against heat soak on the pipes and intercooler), they look cool, they sound cool, and as your HP increases with other performance mods, it's one less thing holding back any of those ponies.

So, in summary (thus far):

N/A engine:
- Stock exhaust manifolds= OK.
- Headers = Good HP gains over stock manifolds.

Forced Induction:
- Stock exhaust manifolds= OK under 700 FWHP.
- Headers= Good gains show up after the 700 FWHP mark.

N20:
- Headers= Good HP gains over stock exhaust manifolds.

Turbo:
- Stock exhaust manifolds= No.
- Headers= REQUIRED.

How's that sound?

I will sum it up this way; show me one top tier race car that does NOT have headers!

When performance matters, all racers use headers!

Bill.

Begood said:
I will sum it up this way; show me one top tier race car that does NOT have headers!

When performance matters, all racers use headers!

Bill.

oh for f sake we covered this already...:D .race cars are running built N/A or turbos....so what is the point of the above post......Bill your truck is not a top tier race car

stick with the matter at hand...Django wants to know if he should add headers to his truck.....$2000+ for no noticeable gain.....

Kevan said:
So, in summary (thus far):

N/A engine:
- Headers = Good HP gains over stock manifolds.

Forced Induction:
- Stock exhaust manifolds= OK under 700 FWHP.
- Headers= Good gains show up after the 700 FWHP mark.

N20:
- Headers= Good HP gains over stock exhaust manifolds.

Turbo:
- Stock exhaust manifolds= No.
- Headers= REQUIRED.

How's that sound?

umm,..depends on what a "good gain" is in your opinion..is 15rwhp on a 5000+lb truck a good gain for $2000?

ViperTruck2933 said:
I still think Mike (and you) would pick up another 30 or more hp and an equal helping of torque.;)

based on what...?....you have tuners telling you it won't happen....you have paxton truck after paxton truck with headers making the same power or less than mine....??????????????

nycstev said:

Steve

the Roe doesn't make enough power to worry about it one way or the other...:D

sleeper said:
Not true. 1Fast400 lost 2 engines with his Roe.

Both times it happend as he was driving away from stalking his "girlfriend".

Nowwhat said:
based on what...?....you have tuners telling you it won't happen....you have paxton truck after paxton truck with headers making the same power or less than mine....??????????????
My tuner told me they ARE beneficial for paxton trucks. He also tuned DAVET's truck to 700 rwhp on stock motor.:dontknow:

Thass all I'm sayin"...:D :D :D

Last edited:
ViperTruck2933 said:
My tuner told me they ARE beneficial for paxton trucks. He also tuned DAVET's truck to 700 rwhp on stock motor.:dontknow:

Thass all I'm sayin"...:D :D :D

and that is no more than mine.....thass all I'mmmm saying....:D :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back