Paxton Novi 2000

New updates on my s/c.

Well on wednesday i went to the shop to see wtf was going on. They called me and told me they didnt know how to install it, apparently the paxton kit was designed, fabricated and installed by Doug @ Levin Motorsports. So only he knew how to install it. Now everything is getting together and I SHOULD get it back on Wednesday.

sounds like they are full of shit, first it was "made in japan" now its a custom setup from DLM???:dontknow: If i was you i'd look over everything on the truck before you leave, it really sounds like the guys are total dumbasses.

sounds like they are full of shit, first it was "made in japan" now its a custom setup from DLM???:dontknow: If i was you i'd look over everything on the truck before you leave, it really sounds like the guys are total dumbasses.

I agree.

You're having a shop that obviously doesn't know what they're doing put a blower on a Gen3 Viper motor with over 100k miles on it. Are you trying to blow this thing up???

please dont make me feel bad about throwing on a s/c on a 100k engine. if these engines are quality, it should be able to handle it. its not like im drag racing it anyways, i never dog my truck

Last edited:
please dont make me feel bad about throwing on a s/c on a 100k engine. if these engines are quality, it should be able to handle it. its not like im drag racing it anyways, i never dog my truck

These engines ARE NOT quality:eek: Well the pistons aren't anyways. Good luck man... I tried to warn you a couple times.

ARRESTmeRed04 said:

No. They're right. DLM redid the kit for the previous owner (FLIP). That's Dougs new separate belt drive system for the Paxton.

Heart attack. Urn engine is forged right. Why is it so dangerous what he is doing?

I don't think it's forged... he hasn't said it is. He's having a Paxton installed by a shop that does Mustangs and Camaros, instead of a real Viper shop. Not only that, but the motor and that 48re have over 100k miles! Just not very smart if you ask me:dontknow: I really hope that shop isn't doing the tuning lol... that'd be the icing on the cake.

I guess the good news is that the trans will most likely come apart before the motor does lol

We'll see. I hope I'm wrong, and these guys know what they're doing.

Just from what i javelin read they don't sound very smart. I would never trust a viper engine with anyone who is not very familiar with them. Course...i would never put a blower on a stock motor either...no matter the mileage

I don't think it's forged... he hasn't said it is. He's having a Paxton installed by a shop that does Mustangs and Camaros, instead of a real Viper shop. Not only that, but the motor and that 48re have over 100k miles! Just not very smart if you ask me:dontknow: I really hope that shop isn't doing the tuning lol... that'd be the icing on the cake.

I guess the good news is that the trans will most likely come apart before the motor does lol

We'll see. I hope I'm wrong, and these guys know what they're doing.

The install is not the problem, like u said, it's in the tuning. EVen my dumba ass was able to install a Paxton. But no, the tranny wont last. Ask me how I know.

Just from what i javelin read they don't sound very smart. I would never trust a viper engine with anyone who is not very familiar with them. Course...i would never put a blower on a stock motor either...no matter the mileage

Lol. I would. :D

ARRESTmeRed04 said:

No. They're right. DLM redid the kit for the previous owner (FLIP). That's Dougs new separate belt drive system for the Paxton.

The install is not the problem, like u said, it's in the tuning. EVen my dumba ass was able to install a Paxton. But no, the tranny wont last. Ask me how I know.

so what should I do now? my engine is not reforged and my tranny is not rebuilt..do i not drive it?

X 10000 on the tune! It's all in the tune. One lean spot in there and boom go the ring lands. Don't let the Forum scare ya much though bud. THis engine should live safely if you aren't like us and trying to get every last 1/10 of a second out of her in the 1/4 mile.:drool: We be kinda dumb like that:drool:
Really though, get Torrie or someone that can tune this beast correctly! Even way fat on the A/F to provide a lil insurance.;)

Don't lie... Chubs installed yours:p

Lol. Chubb came over and called me a fuckard a bunch of times and then went inside and watched the Dolphins game. :D But seriously, he told me exactly what to do and it made the install so much easier. But he did call me a fucktard, ate pizza and sat on the couch with my wife and watched the Dolphins game. R.I.P. brother, love ya.:)

You've been around a while, you know what could happen... and how costly it can be. I don't think this guy does.
I agree. I put mine on an engine with 20,000 miles on it. Don't know if I'd it with 100,000 miles. Come to think of it, yeah I would.. I'd just be ready.

so what should I do now? my engine is not reforged and my tranny is not rebuilt..do i not drive it?
Drive it. Dont beat on it too much.;) Drive it enjoy it and save up, just in case the engine pops. But again, it's all in the tune. Now here's the problem, did you go with the split second paxton fuel management system? If so, Torrie cant do anything with that and the SCT. And there aint to many people that tune the split second system. Theses guys from texas, may know someone that works with the split second system

X 10000 on the tune! It's all in the tune. One lean spot in there and boom go the ring lands. Don't let the Forum scare ya much though bud. THis engine should live safely if you aren't like us and trying to get every last 1/10 of a second out of her in the 1/4 mile.:drool: We be kinda dumb like that:drool:
Really though, get Torrie or someone that can tune this beast correctly! Even way fat on the A/F to provide a lil insurance.;)

Hey bitch!!! I resemble that remark!!:D
Good advice and yeah, keep it on the rich side and you'll be good for a while. If u havent already, get yourself a triple gauge pillar pod and get three gauges. A wideband A/F gauge, a fuel pressure gauge and a boost gauge.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back