Paxton Setup For Sale

Scrambler1 said:
Before the engine rebuild it made ~650 rwhp through the stock Paxton intercooler. Do you remember the threads where FstJack, Ramfromhell, and I all tried to run Paxtons on extreme build motors with poor results? Mine were the same ~630hp at 4psi on one dyno pull. Paxton just doesn't move enough air for the big heads, big cam, etc engines. 3 of us have tried with almost identical results through similar engines. Best combination for the Paxton is built internals with stock or mild heads.

Here is that thread http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30312&highlight=Paxton

This system should make more power than a stock Paxton system mainly due to a much better intercooler in a better location than sitting right on top of our hot engine.

Sorry I don't have any more info than that.
well 3 out of 4 failed with their attempt,someone from florida got it to work great with big heads/cam,the paxton will move plenty of air when done right on these trucks ,proof is in the fruity pebbles.

stinker should have this kit for sale soon enough.

flchub said:
well 3 out of 4 failed with their attempt,someone from florida got it to work great with big heads/cam,the paxton will move plenty of air when done right on these trucks ,proof is in the fruity pebbles.

stinker should have this kit for sale soon enough.

Got any dyno sheets and engine build specs for proof? So far we have three very competent tuners with the same result. No air leaks and a max of 4 psi = tapped out on volume of air. Until I see it I'm calling bullshit.

Scrambler1 said:
Got any dyno sheets and engine build specs for proof? So far we have three very competent tuners with the same result. No air leaks and a max of 4 psi = tapped out on volume of air. Until I see it I'm calling bullshit.
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D

Scrambler1 said:
well joe is torrie from unleashed tuning competent enough for you?,yes there is a dyno sheet showing 11.65 constant boost pressure 620 @ the wheels at 4000rpms with no timing before the iat shoots upto 170 degrees,we have now fixed the iat problems and will soon dyno again,ask stinker for the build specs,k

flchub said:
well joe is torrie from unleashed tuning competent enough for you?,yes there is a dyno sheet showing 11.65 constant boost pressure 620 @ the wheels at 4000rpms with no timing before the iat shoots upto 170 degrees,we have now fixed the iat problems and will soon dyno again,ask stinker for the build specs,k
i believe all thee guys were big cubic inch too...i know jack was like 540 ci...or somethin crazy...but he did make more hp than you with 8lbs less boost so go figure

505'sFastestViper. said:
i believe all thee guys were big cubic inch too...i know jack was like 540 ci...or somethin crazy...but he did make more hp than you with 8lbs less boost so go figure
we had no usable air after 4000rpms , not 5500 - 6000 rpms,with the help of tony sawyer we were able to figureout the right combination,with our cooler iat's we're seeing 14lbs of boost now,add some timing and less fuel since we're running too rich and the boost should increase.

and no we didnt use methanol.

thanks tony for making this truck run wicked:marchmellow: :marchmellow:

chub hit 731 rwhp on a base tune today, no timing and fuel still rich, starting to come together,
you are welcome mr. clint:)

Stinker said:
chub hit 731 rwhp on a base tune today, no timing and fuel still rich, starting to come together,
you are welcome mr. clint:)
Great numbers Tony,congrats Clint.

I love a challenge;)

chub has standard crank
k1 rods
ross pistons oem compression
comp shelf cam
ported heads
new valves , springs, oem rockers
billetmains
not a serious build, jsut a good rebuild

kyle's srt10 said:
it goes really really fast:p

pulley mods, different intercoolers, and a couple other thingys, almost done, but gonna wait an see what the final on the dyno number ends up being, i think right now he is at 14 lbs of boost;)

Stinker said:
it goes really really fast:p

pulley mods, different intercoolers, and a couple other thingys, almost done, but gonna wait an see what the final on the dyno number ends up being, i think right now he is at 14 lbs of boost;)
blew the damn hose off again on the way home,numbers are as follows
731 rwhp @5600 rpms and 702 rwtq @ 4300 rpms,using the same tune with usable air now,still a tad off on the tune ,we only hit 13.5 lbs of boost during the dyno run :dontknow:

Good numbers so far guys. I think the key is in the choice of pistons, cam, and displacement of engine. I'd love to see a Paxton with no nitrous or meth break 800hp, looks like ya'll will do it. And yes I think Torrie is perfectly competent. The main difference is in our engine builds... that and the Venom pulleys that raised the volume of air it's pushing.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back