PERFORMANCE MODIFICTION QUESTIONS ANSWERED HERE

I'm not sure about the plugs, but I think stinker may have been working on getting a good deal on some plug wires though I'm sure he'll be on here soon to give you a good answer.

Champion Truck plug.

The NGK and some others dont protrude enough. Unless you need to go colder go with a truck plug.

Or Autolite platinum. I had them in my other truck.

Posted by bigike

''Do not buy a Jasper transmission..........it is a turd. It shifts late it will blow up. It does not have a worked valve body, it doesn't even have a shift kit.......... IT DOESN'T HAVE A SHIFT KIT...... IT IS A "PERFORMANCE" TRANSMISSION AND IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A FLIP FLOPPIN MOTHER LOVIN SHIFT KIT...............

In a heavy truck with high horsepower you need a transmission that gets out of a gear and into the next as soon as possible............. the Jasper does not. The lag between shifts is slipping and will destroy the transmission every time.

You might want to talk to Dusty at www.htstransmission.com

His company builds the 48re's that are in all the 1000 hp Bully Dog Race trucks.

He might tell you that all you need is a valve body to fix your transmission. He says that with a valve body and a few bits its good for 750 +.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY THE JASPER TRANSMISSION. THE 2 I'VE HAD ARE J-U-N-K. ''

Ike all you had to do was talk to me and contact me, not go bashing things on other forums.

For one it is not a performance transmission and has never been stated that it was.

it was stated that they had a warranty and that no matter what they would stand behind it. And I think so far that they have held there word.

it was also never stated that it had a shift kit, What do you expect for $3000? a $7000 suncoast transmission?

What I offer is a good replacement tranny from a company that offered to work with us no matter what type of truck it was in. that whether it was NOS to turbo that if it went bad they would take it back and make it better.

They even ship it and deliver it for free, but I guess you cant make everyone happy either.

but to go an post information like this on another forumwithout ever contacting me at all on the problem jsut does not set very well.

Will the new 8.4l Viper intake fit our blocks :dontknow:

NewViper.jpg

505'sFastestViper. said:
anytime just tryin to help......come on may 9th already:D

Hell yeah, I took the week before the 9th and the following week off just to make sure I can make it. :D

505'sFastestViper. said:
did you straighten out post 383.....:mad: :mad:

LOL Frowny faces at me................. LOL

Hey I've talked with you about it sir. It is junk for our truck plain and simple the stock tranny in my red truck shifted better then this does. This new one will break too as it slips into 3rd just like the last one did.

It was stated that it had a worked valve body. It does not. As stated it doesn't even shift as good as a stock one. Now granted I put 35$'s worth of upgraded parts in my new one when they overhauled it.

This transmission does exactly what his is doing. So if he wants to get away from that problem he is having right now. He needs to look elsewhere.

Besides I'm the one out money on this, I've got every right to be a little pissed about it. I've called the sales rep twice, left messages, no call back to my knowledge.

What good is a transmission with a warranty if you are constantly taking the dang thing out..................

I stand by my words, could have been more tacktfull but I don't want to see anyone get in the same spot I am......................

If a valve body doesn't fix mine it will be up for sale...............any pre orders ?:)

505'sFastestViper. said:
my brother is in casper right now

Ask your brother if he wants to go to MMA fights this Saturday night. Should be a good time my Buddie is making his pro debut. I'll pm you my number.

Stinker, sorry for hoeing up your thread :)

bigike said:
LOL Frowny faces at me................. LOL

Hey I've talked with you about it sir. It is junk for our truck plain and simple the stock tranny in my red truck shifted better then this does. This new one will break too as it slips into 3rd just like the last one did.

It was stated that it had a worked valve body. It does not. As stated it doesn't even shift as good as a stock one. Now granted I put 35$'s worth of upgraded parts in my new one when they overhauled it.

This transmission does exactly what his is doing. So if he wants to get away from that problem he is having right now. He needs to look elsewhere.

Besides I'm the one out money on this, I've got every right to be a little pissed about it. I've called the sales rep twice, left messages, no call back to my knowledge.

What good is a transmission with a warranty if you are constantly taking the dang thing out..................

I stand by my words, could have been more tacktfull but I don't want to see anyone get in the same spot I am......................

If a valve body doesn't fix mine it will be up for sale...............any pre orders ?:)

Ike it was never stated it had a "worked" valve body, I dont know where you get your information from but you are wrong.

it was stated it had upgraded bands, and a better sungear, that is all.

but you avoid the situation of not getting in contact with me.

Eddie drove the truck forever with the tranny, and even had it at the track, and you broke the tranny in one day.........

You should have went and done it correctly and contacted me, but personally you are one of those people that will never be happy.

LOL Tony lets keep this in the open

I'm very happy........ Very Happy. I do not like this transmission and I got scared when I was under the impression that my engine was blowing up. but I did my test's they came back good and I recanted my fears.......to the forum.

That transmission was broken when I bought it and from talking to Eddie it was broken while he had it. Ask him when I told him the tranny was soft weak and lazy he said well it has a warranty.

the 2-3 rev limiter problem is the transmission slipping into the next gear..... slipping not shifting because the transmission is not timed correctly in the circuits. It was doing that for him and everytime it did that it hurt the transmission even more.

When I got it, it failed. We fixed it and it is still junk. What should I say hey buddy buy this cause I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. No I won't I will tell him my experience with said product and hope he doesn't get in the same place I am. That's what friends do, they help people not make the same mistakes.

I tell everyone that will listen to buy the stainless steal 4" exhaust.

I'm a stand up guy, and a hell of a person. I bend over backwards for my friends to my detriment and I do not appreciate you insulting my integrity over a transmission that you don't build or have much association at all with.

Jay
PS you can pm me if you like or call me on my skype phone. I'm in Singapore and it will cost the same as calling Houston. (281) 973-6149

BAAAAAAAAAAAAM :)

"Thru one of trusted members we have now available a replacement 48RE auto tranny

These tranny's are built to better than stock specs by a reputable well known national tranny builder.

They are built with the same billet parts as some of the other competitors
but with a killer warranty

these are rebuilt to upgraded specs including

1. 5 pinion billet planetarys

l2. arger clutch drum with larger and upgraded clutches

3. increased fluid flow

4. billet convertor

5. upgraded servo

6. reworked and upgraded valve body

Everything but a billet shaft.

Best thing?

3 year 100,000 mile warranty"

Must get back on the rig now;)

bigike said:
BAAAAAAAAAAAAM :)

"Thru one of trusted members we have now available a replacement 48RE auto tranny

These tranny's are built to better than stock specs by a reputable well known national tranny builder.

They are built with the same billet parts as some of the other competitors
but with a killer warranty

these are rebuilt to upgraded specs including

1. 5 pinion billet planetarys

l2. arger clutch drum with larger and upgraded clutches

3. increased fluid flow

4. billet convertor

5. upgraded servo

6. reworked and upgraded valve body

Everything but a billet shaft.

Best thing?

3 year 100,000 mile warranty"

Must get back on the rig now;)

Ike the reworked part of the tranny is for fluid flow, not a shift kit.

Your gettting a tranny for 3k not 7k

but my problem is not with your problems since you did not contact me my hands are washed of it.

and I am not questioning your integrity, but that you went to another forum and talked like you did, INSTEAD of contacting me.

I "could " have taken care of "any" problem that would have had

oh and my bad on that I did state it, but later on was told it was jsut for fluid flow, i should have posted that later. my apologies on that.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back