PERFORMANCE MODIFICTION QUESTIONS ANSWERED HERE

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
This thread will be dedicated to performance questions and modifications.

This is for the new members that are jsut comming on board, and the senior members that have new questions:rock:
and not only for the Ram SRT10 it can be open to any vehicle.

REMEMBER! there is no wrong question, no matter how new you are, or how little you post, if you have something you dont understand please ask!

From wheels, tires,axles, cams, NOS, turbos, Super chargers, suspension, decals, interior, or audio, hopefully we can find an answer.

I myself will try to monitor the thread as much as I can , hopefully Justin , Marty, Dragon, Steve Holden,Sean Roe, FSTJACK , as well as all our other vendors, will keep in touch with this thread, and be able to answer any question that comes up.

If one of us dont know, we will try to point you in the correct position.

If a question has been asked before such as exhaust, and you cant find your answer , ask it here, , here it want matter how many times it has been posted before, the same question can be answered many times over:rock:
Sometimes it can be very confusing to find information under the search engine, and thats understandable, so here, the question can be answered 100 times.

Hopefully we can help everyone, especially our new members that have questions on there new pride and Joy, our senior members on this forum have a vast knowledge of what does and does not work with the Ram SRT10's:rock:
And many are more than happy to answer or try to help in any way possible.

And to our new members........Welcome and enjoy:)

This thread will be monitored , serious post's and replies only please:)

thank you

Ok i'll go first...............right now i am running boomers stage II flash. I am wanting to switch to a roe vec III (i think anyway) is this going to be an easy switch out that i could take care of by phone or should my truck be taken to a tuner to be sure i am getting optimal performance, FYI i do have quite a few performance mods!

Great thread and gesture Tony.

Took the truck to the dealer today and they told me my right bank O2 sensor was shorting out and that it could cause a no-fire condition in the right bank of cylinders. They are going to replace the O2, route the wire so it doesnt get damaged and see if that fixes it.

The Vec III needs to be tuned on a dyno for optimal performance.

Although Sean can write you a card to get started with and if you are in another state, you can email him a dynograph and he can write a card from it.

The Vec III is indepth as far as install, a professional is needed , unless your wiring skills are optimal.
all the connections need to be soldeired, and done very very well to keep future problems to a minimum.

An average person can install the vec, it jsut takes patience.

Sean should be contacted about what to do about your flash, personally I would have it reflashed to turn on the cooling fan sooner, and for a cat delete, and leave it at that. But Sean would have more input on that subject.

B@G chrysler can do the reflash quickly and promptly.

Your performance and driveablilty would be greatly improved over what you have now.

The SCT tuner is also another option, with the plus they are updating the tuner regularly now to be a better tuner.

But I still strongly suggest that with the installation of any new tuner, that you have it tuned on a dyno ,, with a person that has tuned Vipers before.;)

spdrcrj said:
Great thread and gesture Tony.

Took the truck to the dealer today and they told me my right bank O2 sensor was shorting out and that it could cause a no-fire condition in the right bank of cylinders. They are going to replace the O2, route the wire so it doesnt get damaged and see if that fixes it.

Good deal, great information!
I myself would have never thought the O2 would do that:dontknow:

Great information to keep in the book sir! Thanks:rock:

Once they get back to me and tell me for sure it's the fix, I'll post up!!!!

Nice thread. Although I think it has the potential to be VERY long, and as a result, not as useful. Could it possibly be split into a thread with each catagory?

How do you spell modification? :p

On a serious note: What are the benefits of the Viper master/slave mod and about how much investment (time & $$$) could one expect to shell out?

thjones3 said:
Nice thread. Although I think it has the potential to be VERY long, and as a result, not as useful. Could it possibly be split into a thread with each catagory?

How do you spell modification? :p

On a serious note: What are the benefits of the Viper master/slave mod and about how much investment (time & $$$) could one expect to shell out?

I thought of different catagories, but honestly I jsut want to see if the thread does what it is supposed to ..............good information for all members:rock:

Then if it works it can be branched out.

I hope you , yourself will frequent the thread, you have a ton of info these guys need as far as intercoolers, and basic engine operation:rock:

I am not sure what Justin ask for the upgrade kit, maybe he will chime in at sometime..

But the benifit of the viper slave package is longevity, an more positive feel.

the oem unit is plastic, doesnt take heat well, and doesnt last under harsh conditions such as the track.

The only drawback to the conversion is the pedal will be at a different height, and feel slightly different, causing initial concerns with some, but it is easy to get used to .

I am also gonna send a link to our vendors , notifying them of this thread and ask them to check in often if possible.

Thanks

Thanks Tony! Oh, and thanks for lookin' out on that grill that was for sale! Their are some very smart people on this board that have a broad range of knowledge to share. I always want to learn more...:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

I sent a pm to all our vendors, hopefully they will stop in and help with information:rock:

and possibly new products as they develop them:rock:

thjones3 said:
Thanks Tony! Oh, and thanks for lookin' out on that grill that was for sale! Their are some very smart people on this board that have a broad range of knowledge to share. I always want to learn more...:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

you are very welcome sir, try to keep an eye out when possible:)

thjones3 said:

If you upgrade to a centerforce clutch you must upgrade to the viper master/slave. The stocker is not strong enough to move the CF clutch. Talk with Roe, Justin, Mopar Connection or Dragon for pricing.

IMO, its a must do mod.

patrick

Allready rec'd many Pms from Vendors, Marty, Dragon, Moparconnection:rock:

Thanks guys, your knowldge will be very welcome:congrats:

Hopefully with this thread our newest members will be able to post , ask questions , and make great choices for modifications and horse power:congrats:

Well the pully fuc#$( the crank up now they are replacing my crank, If I had the cash now I would do the pistons and rods while they have It open but will have to wait till winter. My question Is how long does it take to change out the crank. They told me 2 weeks, I am going through withdraws people, I miss my truck. But seriously 2 frigin weeks. I am a diesel mechanic and it only takes me a week to rebuild shit. Does dodge have a problem with parts? They tried to screw me but the are fixin it I just bought the damn thing and it was 15 days out of dealer warranty, but they are gonna annty up so thats a plus and there gonna put my headers on. Last question I bought ngk irridium plus for my nos is stock gap good or should i go in a little more. Thanks guys.

DevilDawg3097 said:
Well the pully fuc#$( the crank up now they are replacing my crank, If I had the cash now I would do the pistons and rods while they have It open but will have to wait till winter. My question Is how long does it take to change out the crank. They told me 2 weeks, I am going through withdraws people, I miss my truck. But seriously 2 frigin weeks. I am a diesel mechanic and it only takes me a week to rebuild shit. Does dodge have a problem with parts? They tried to screw me but the are fixin it I just bought the damn thing and it was 15 days out of dealer warranty, but they are gonna annty up so thats a plus and there gonna put my headers on. Last question I bought ngk irridium plus for my nos is stock gap good or should i go in a little more. Thanks guys.

The shop that turned my crank, installed forged rods/pistons and bored the cylindars .010 over had my engine back together and to me in 3 days..took 2 more days for the dealer to intall the motor back in the truck..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back