PERFORMANCE MODIFICTION QUESTIONS ANSWERED HERE

amtrucker22 said:
Sure wish someone would come up with a RFID solution for us. I would love to be able to keep the keys in the pocket get into the truck and push the start button. I always like the start button but it is kinda silly we have to put our keys in the ignition...

That one ........man paul, you make it tough dont ya;)

FATJACK said:
I am here to answer all "T" shirt questions:rock: :rock:

With your racing background , you have alot of usefull information these guys can use Jack:rock:

Thanks for joining in:congrats:

Stinker said:
cams there is multiple choices, comp cams makes a couple, and some run the viper competition cam.
as far as headwork? Well there are a few options, one is having them ported by a proffesional, the other going with styker heads

one option is around 3k or less, the other 6k or more

how are the roe racing heads are they worth it?

This is great Tony, having all the VTCOA guru's in 1 place:rock: Is there a gear splitter for our automatics to add 1 more gear higher for the highway. Or something that would help with the low mileage problem with the QC.

FaSt-RAM-716 said:
how are the roe racing heads are they worth it?

I would say anything roe has is worth it bo, dont know of there specs so maybe some others can chime in

But Seans work is awesome by far, and his customer service is awesome

black pearl said:
This is great Tony, having all the VTCOA guru's in 1 place:rock: Is there a gear splitter for our automatics to add 1 more gear higher for the highway. Or something that would help with the low mileage problem with the QC.

Dude, you are my man;) I think gear vendors make ssomething for that , but takes hp away:eek:

but with the QC's they have 4.56 gears, personally if you want mileage on the road I would go to a 4.10 from an RC;)

Some say that would work, some say it would hurt performance with the auto.
well it may hurt performance , but on the other hand, i think it would be minimal

Now with that said, I have a 4.10 axle sitting behind the building. If you are willing to pay for shippping Iwould remove it, send it to ya, you could have it installed , check the performance, and the mileage.

If it works we can work something out, if not, all you are out is shipping;)

Why do this? well it can only help the guys with the QC;s and me, if it dramatically helps mileage, and doesnt hurt the perfomance like I dont think it will , well maybe some will want to go with a 4.10 gear,

the only problem is , swapping from the 4.56 to the 4.10 requires a carrier change, but since I can get anything from unitrax now, that is not a problem;)

So think on it, let me know bo

Gear Vendors overdrive works great and is rated to , I think, 800 to 1000 hp. Clint (FlChub) was going to try one of these but I do not know if he did.
Simplest and probably cheapest thing is the 4.10 gear. All this crap said I agree with Stinker 100%

Where can I find a 3-position, LED-tipped toggle switch that functions like this:

DOWN: Circuit OFF, LED OFF
UP: Momentary Circuit ON (no LED action)
CENTER: LED ON, Circuit OFF

I need 10-12 of them.

most three position switches are

middle led off, circuit off
down constant/momenary on led, circuit on
and up constant/momentary on led on, circuit

you can get them in any config. constant, momentary

Kevan said:
Where can I find a 3-position, LED-tipped toggle switch that functions like this:

DOWN: Circuit OFF, LED OFF
UP: Momentary Circuit ON (no LED action)
CENTER: LED ON, Circuit OFF

I need 10-12 of them.

You can't, unless you get one custom made. Just out of curiosity, why would you want two off positions, with LED on/off? You are trying to combine latching and momentary action into one switch, which will be very hard to find.

thjones3 said:
You can't, unless you get one custom made. Just out of curiosity, why would you want two off positions, with LED on/off? You are trying to combine latching and momentary action into one switch, which will be very hard to find.
Think of it as a starter switch.
Imagine you had a remote pump that you wanted started. You would use that switch to not only start it, but the LED would indicate if it had started and was running (or not).

Plus, I wanna see if Tony can speak Chinese.
:D

Kevan said:
Imagine you had a remote pump that you wanted started. You would use that switch to not only start it, but the LED would indicate if it had started and was running (or not).

ohhhhh, I see. That is possible, but it's not going to be incorporated into one switch. One option is that you can use an automotive-style ignition switch with a separate LED. The other option would be getting a switch where the LED 12V input is separated from the 12v input of the switch. Then, you can control the LED independently of the switch position. You could then use a relay tied into the "pump" circuit to control the LED.

yeah the doomsday ignition switches have been used for years in drag cars, but the led part, most guys jsut use a separate led or reg lamp to indicate the ignition is on.

the best I coudl come up with on short notice, hope it helps

Kevan said:

Hey Kevan, They use these lighted switches in the RV industry to indicate if your 12 volt water pump is running after it is turned on. Might work?? Check with Camping World or any larger RV parts and acces. store in your area.

thjones3 said:
ohhhhh, I see. That is possible, but it's not going to be incorporated into one switch. One option is that you can use an automotive-style ignition switch with a separate LED. The other option would be getting a switch where the LED 12V input is separated from the 12v input of the switch. Then, you can control the LED independently of the switch position. You could then use a relay tied into the "pump" circuit to control the LED.
That seem to be the difficult part. All the LED-tipped switches that I've found are NOT independent of the circuit.

Stinker said:
yeah the doomsday ignition switches have been used for years in drag cars, but the led part, most guys jsut use a separate led or reg lamp to indicate the ignition is on.

the best I coudl come up with on short notice, hope it helps
Sorry, but I need the LED tip.
Why? One less hole to find a place for, and one less hole to drill.

FATJACK said:
Hey Kevan, They use these lighted switches in the RV industry to indicate if your 12 volt water pump is running after it is turned on. Might work?? Check with Camping World or any larger RV parts and acces. store in your area.
That could work.
Any links?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back