PERFORMANCE MODIFICTION QUESTIONS ANSWERED HERE

Kevan said:
Where did JoeMag's post go?

I deleated JoeMag's post, as it was off topic.

Any and all off topic posts on this thread will get deleated.

This thread will not get off topic, and any one who is a repeat offended will loose his or her posting privlidges.

This post that I just quoted is an example of off topic.

I am fairly new to the SRT 10 world. I am looking for a reputable shop as close to me as possible (live in DE). Rt 6 in richmond va is no longer open. Is Underground Racing (in NC) the next best option? Or does anyone know of a closer shop? Gracias.

Will stock GEN II pistons work with our motors? these are forged pistons aren't
they?

riley6 said:
I am fairly new to the SRT 10 world. I am looking for a reputable shop as close to me as possible (live in DE). Rt 6 in richmond va is no longer open. Is Underground Racing (in NC) the next best option? Or does anyone know of a closer shop? Gracias.

depends on what you want to do

there is one is jersy, contact Bmako about them

I think there is one near NY contact NYsteve

Underground is in charlotte, and they do hold alot of world records, but they are expensive too;)
but they are the best:rock:

Or you could contact JBM Justin, he has turbo system for around 15k:rock: turn key

Stinker said:
depends on what you want to do

there is one is jersy, contact Bmako about them

I think there is one near NY contact NYsteve

Underground is in charlotte, and they do hold alot of world records, but they are expensive too;)
but they are the best:rock:

Or you could contact JBM Justin, he has turbo system for around 15k:rock: turn key

Thanks Stinky :p I will contact those dudes.

TNVIPER said:
Are all the fluid caps in the engine bay the same for years 2005 & 2006?

I don't see what they wouldn't be? Same engine and all but I don't know for sure. :confused:

Probably the most retarted question in the thread so far :)

Where can I obtain the "special" coolant that is used in our trucks? My overflow bottle is down at the min mark and I need to fill it up.

4to10cyl said:

Where can I obtain the "special" coolant that is used in our trucks? My overflow bottle is down at the min mark and I need to fill it up.
Nothing special about the coolant. It is the regular mopar coolant. Any Mopar dealer can get it for you. Just make sure you dilute it with distilled water. I use a 50/50 mix in mine.

The only thing you don't want to do is mix different colors of antifreeze.

I have been looking at the roe superchargers and was wondering if anyone has a dyno chart that graphs the hp/tq curves with the boost amounts (ie 3000rpm=295hp@5psi). The hp/tq curves I have seen so far just don't match up with 5.6psi of boost?!?! Thanks in advance.

pokeytemplar said:
I have been looking at the roe superchargers and was wondering if anyone has a dyno chart that graphs the hp/tq curves with the boost amounts (ie 3000rpm=295hp@5psi). The hp/tq curves I have seen so far just don't match up with 5.6psi of boost?!?! Thanks in advance.

good question, anyone with a dyno graph?

4to10cyl said:

Do not use regular coolants.....below is from the 2004 Ram SRT10 owners manual....you can purchase HOAT antifreeze from your dealer or auto parts.....ZEROX makes Mopar brand if I remember correctly...

RECOMMENDED FLUIDS, LUBRICANTS AND GENUINE PARTS
Engine
Component Fluids, Lubricants and Genuine Parts
Engine Coolant Mopar
Antifreeze/Coolant 5 Year/102,000 Mile Formula HOAT (Hybrid Organic
Additive Technology) P/N 05066386AA or equivalent.

CAUTION!
Mixing of coolants other than specified (non-
HOAT), may result in engine damage that may not
be covered under the new vehicle warranty, and
decreased corrosion protection. If a non-HOAT coolant
is introduced into the cooling system in an
emergency, it should be replaced with the specified
coolant as soon as possible.
Do not use plain water alone or alcohol base antifreeze
products. Do not use additional rust inhibitors
or antirust products, as they may not be compatible
with the radiator coolant and may plug the
radiator.
This vehicle has not been designed for use with
Propylene Glycol based coolants. Use of Propylene
Glycol based coolants is not recommended.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back