PERFORMANCE MODIFICTION QUESTIONS ANSWERED HERE

Stinker said:
sorry couldnt find one with a led
I've been looking for almost a year and haven't found one.
I didn't expect for you to score one in less than 24 hours. LOL
No worries.

Kevan said:
That seem to be the difficult part. All the LED-tipped switches that I've found are NOT independent of the circuit.

The ones I am thinking of are rocker switches. I've never seen them as a toggle switch before.

I think you may just be SOL.

Kevan said:
That seem to be the difficult part. All the LED-tipped switches that I've found are NOT independent of the circuit.

Sorry, but I need the LED tip.
Why? One less hole to find a place for, and one less hole to drill.

That could work.
Any links?
Any large local RV store or www.CampingWorld.com

Stinker said:
That one ........man paul, you make it tough dont ya;)
I know, I know... Just think that there would be a market for this if we had a plug and play type system. Oh well :)

dual turbo question? Almost there!!!

Its been about 3 weeks in the making but its almost there.
My question is this: What is the max hp that can be output from a stock engine? Before the turbos it dynoed at 439 whp. Now with the turbos I hope to get 600-620. Is this borderline with not doing internals?
The boost will be set at 6.1-6.5 to achieve this 600-620 mark. I dont want to start blowing pistons and such. Let me know your thoughts.

bmako said:
My question is this: What is the max hp that can be output from a stock engine? Before the turbos it dynoed at 439 whp. Now with the turbos I hope to get 600-620. Is this borderline with not doing internals?
The boost will be set at 6.1-6.5 to achieve this 600-620 mark. I dont want to start blowing pistons and such. Let me know your thoughts.

Welll Justin or marty would be more to answer this , but my thinking is it depends on your tuner.

Nowwhat got to 700rwhp with a paxton and had no issues, Just make sure your air fuel on a turbo stays around 10-10.6 and you should be fine.

bmako said:
I know of a 700 HP normally aspirated Viper engine that runs on pump gas.
No F/I.
No N20.

Kevan said:
I know of a 700 HP normally aspirated Viper engine that runs on pump gas.
No F/I.
No N20.
at the wheel kevan and with meth injection and higher comp im sure or not enlighten the guys that wanna stay na

the car engines are able to make more hp than our trucks, especially the gen II engines, they come forged to begin with, depending on you bank account, anything is possible.

but his question was about his system, with turbos, in a truck, with stock internals,

Please do not mislead anyone with dreams of there trucks making more than they should.I dont want anyone putting out missleading information on this thread.

we have enough blown engines on our forum allready..

So Bmako, I would put trust in your tuner, only you know him, ask him to keep the air fuel very rich, dont worry about internals until the bank account is able to afford it.

then with forged internals,, the world of HP is yours:rock:

but be safe most of all, if you only make 590, be proud of what you have got :rock:
if it makes 800, be proud too bo:D

Take a bone stock RC. Used as daily driver. After 4 yrs I'm "used to" my 500hp and want a bit more but not willing to sacrifice too much of daily driver status. I'd want another 100K out of the engine. As for power I'd want it down low and mid range where a blower works well. I'm not a qtr mile junkie just want more get up and go when I depress the pedal without down shifting. Again, I'm not looking at 800hp+ just a nice boost to give me that whoa fun factor again. Maybe in another 4yrs I'll take it up another notch.

My thoughts were add a blower. From what I've gathered our biggest problem is stock pistons and maybe rods. So, I'm willing to go into the engine to get my reliability plus performance boost. Don't think I'll have issues with off the line traction as again I'm looking for roll on type additional power. Here's my expected list of mods:

supercharger
Intercooler
SCT tuner
new cat back exhaust
Rear cat delete only. I need one set of cats for emissions
forged pistons
forged rods

Expected range of costs for materials? (not labor), additions and why, subtractions and why? Alternatives and why? I want to look at this as a one time purchase package type of addition to my truck.

Thanks for the input....

505'sFastestViper. said:
at the wheel kevan and with meth injection and higher comp im sure or not enlighten the guys that wanna stay na
- No meth.
- GEN III
- 10:1 Compression.
- Numbers are FWHP.
- There's even a warranty!

I wasn't misleading anyone.
I was simply giving a good place to start.

Chuck B said:
Take a bone stock RC. Used as daily driver. After 4 yrs I'm "used to" my 500hp and want a bit more but not willing to sacrifice too much of daily driver status. I'd want another 100K out of the engine. As for power I'd want it down low and mid range where a blower works well. I'm not a qtr mile junkie just want more get up and go when I depress the pedal without down shifting. Again, I'm not looking at 800hp+ just a nice boost to give me that whoa fun factor again. Maybe in another 4yrs I'll take it up another notch.

My thoughts were add a blower. From what I've gathered our biggest problem is stock pistons and maybe rods. So, I'm willing to go into the engine to get my reliability plus performance boost. Don't think I'll have issues with off the line traction as again I'm looking for roll on type additional power. Here's my expected list of mods:

supercharger
Intercooler
SCT tuner
new cat back exhaust
Rear cat delete only. I need one set of cats for emissions
forged pistons
forged rods

Expected range of costs for materials? (not labor), additions and why, subtractions and why? Alternatives and why? I want to look at this as a one time purchase package type of addition to my truck.

Thanks for the input....

the only thing I can help you with is the pricing of a few things
the cat back from $400+ depends on what type you decide on
the pistons around $1300
rods $900
Cats you can do for around $90 each

as far labor, it depends on your engine builder, but you can expect in the area of $3500 with assembly and machining.

The supercharger depends on how much power you want,
6-700hp an happy go with the roe
if you want more go with the paxton

The SCT tuner you can obtain from Roe Racing or Marty

Harmonic Balancer

What is the torque spec for the harmonic balancer?

I have read a few post recently about the possiblity of it backing off, and it has me a bit concerned.

great tread btw

Chad

the crankshaft dampner is 30 ftlbs plus an additional 60 degrees turn:)

hold on that might not be right

ok gave you 5.9 settings

its 130 ft lbs

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back