PERFORMANCE MODIFICTION QUESTIONS ANSWERED HERE

VIPERTRUK said:
i was racing in chandler az at firebird international raceway. Not sure of the altitude but the temp was hovering in the 50's. My 60' on the 14 flat run was 2.183 and on the 13.8 run it was 1.971. Here in AZ the best we can get is 91oct not like the east coast. Theres a gas station here that sells 100 and 110 oct though. I dont think it has a flash on it. How would i find out? Shift points? RPMs? I think i was running like 20-25 psi on the rear tires.

Firebird International IS fairly low then. (1080 feet).
Based on your times, at that altitude, I would say you don't have a flash. (Yet) :)

Rotten

Last edited:
VIPERTRUK said:
2nd question...I am not looking to go crazy with this truck, just a solid 12 sec runner like my old lightning was. I am the second owner of the truck and the only thing ive done to it is a magnaflow catback, deleted rear cats and resonator. i took it to the track and it ran [email protected] and the second run was a 13.8 @101.9. Which mods do the qc owners have to help them run in the 12's? as far as i know it still have the stock tuning on the computer.

I ran 13.148 at 104.46 on drag radials at Darlington SC on the 10th. Altitude is around 150 ft. You can see my mods in my sig. My 60' sucked, so I could have been in the 12.9 area with better 60's.

Your clunking could be the rear diff, spare tire, or u-joints. Probably not trans, but get it checked by someone that knows these trucks.

VIPERTRUK said:
i was racing in chandler az at firebird international raceway. Not sure of the altitude but the temp was hovering in the 50's. My 60' on the 14 flat run was 2.183 and on the 13.8 run it was 1.971. Here in AZ the best we can get is 91oct not like the east coast. Theres a gas station here that sells 100 and 110 oct though. I dont think it has a flash on it. How would i find out? Shift points? RPMs? I think i was running like 20-25 psi on the rear tires.

I ran a 13.3 at Speedworld last winter around this time. At the time i just had a flash and drag radials. All the other QC there was running 13.6-13.8. So the time seems respectable for your area. The 1.9 60 also seems good. My best 60 was 2.0 with the Drag Radials.

FerrariTruck said:
to get 12's on QC

first get the trans fixed....someone who knows about that will explain

high 12 are possible in AZ as long as it is not above 90deg

you need

1) DC performance flash

2) the 175 or 180 t-stat

3) high flow or no cats

4) a exhaust such as magnaflow, borla or RBP

5)lower tire pressur to 20-22 psi

6)set tow/haul mode on

i am looking to get the tranny fixed right now, i looked at the tranny fluid yesterday and the color was more like cranberry juice than the normal red color. not sure if the previous owner had the fluid changed or not

bigike said:
I beat my wifes srt-8 magnum once...............after the stage 2.

She won't race me now though.
i got spanked by my buddys srt-8 jeep.AWD.

Until you get the tune that will keep happening.................. And from a dig, you got to be crazy to race a jeep from a dig!

Stinker...

Have you done any thinking about what would be the best and easiest conversion to an automatic trans for our RC's? We all know that the fastest and most consistent way to the end of 1320 feet is via an automatic...what have thought about?

Prof said:
Stinker...

Have you done any thinking about what would be the best and easiest conversion to an automatic trans for our RC's? We all know that the fastest and most consistent way to the end of 1320 feet is via an automatic...what have thought about?
there really isnt an easy conversion, for one the adapter, and two if you want overdrive or a gear vendors?

i bet it would cost a ton especially if u had f/i, then the transmission would have to built, on top of all the fab work and adapters. but i guess one could do it.

Just wondering...don't spend any time on it Tony...but I bet with a little research we could find an auto that could be built for the task and we could have a adapter plate made...maybe a Lenco...

Prof said:
Just wondering...don't spend any time on it Tony...but I bet with a little research we could find an auto that could be built for the task and we could have a adapter plate made...maybe a Lenco...

48RE can be built to handle 1500+ft/lbs of TQ. No adapter would be required there is one dowel location that must be moved. Modify the block or the tranny. Then you add the TCM controller and flash your PCM.

pokeytemplar said:
48RE can be built to handle 1500+ft/lbs of TQ. No adapter would be required there is one dowel location that must be moved. Modify the block or the tranny. Then you add the TCM controller and flash your PCM.
the 48re is not gonna handle the power of a big hp truck.........period

Prof said:
a lenco will not work:(

abotu 700hp or so maybe a touch more. but the probs with the 48re is not its strength but the way the fluid pressures is handled.

it was designed for the doosals, which ramps pressure slowly, the strength of the tranny is awesome, but its fluid transfer is what needs work

Stinker said:
abotu 700hp or so maybe a touch more. but the probs with the 48re is not its strength but the way the fluid pressures is handled.

it was designed for the doosals, which ramps pressure slowly, the strength of the tranny is awesome, but its fluid transfer is what needs work

is there a full manual valve body availble so you can do away with the pressure solenoid?

also since we are talking trannys, Why not a 4l80e? its overdrive and electronic and can be built to handle tons of hp all day long?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back