PERFORMANCE MODIFICTION QUESTIONS ANSWERED HERE

Stinker said:
abotu 700hp or so maybe a touch more. but the probs with the 48re is not its strength but the way the fluid pressures is handled.

it was designed for the doosals, which ramps pressure slowly, the strength of the tranny is awesome, but its fluid transfer is what needs work

Have you seen this new part? This pushes that limit up to 1200HP.

Dodge "RE" Governor Solenoid to GM Pressure Control Solenoid Conversion Kit

#REC. This kit was specifically designed to handle higher base pressure in high performance applications and to improve the reliability of the governor solenoid in normal use. In performance units the pressure can flood the Dodge solenoid and cause a no shift condition at full throttle. This is the fix. Fits all rear wheel drive RE model transmissions.

FerrariTruck said:
is there a full manual valve body availble so you can do away with the pressure solenoid?

also since we are talking trannys, Why not a 4l80e? its overdrive and electronic and can be built to handle tons of hp all day long?

There is no manual valve body................seems the Gm conversion is the fix............... SEEMS.

Now for me to replace my transmission............again. And install this gm piece. maybe not have to replace tranny again.

pokeytemplar said:
Have you seen this new part? This pushes that limit up to 1200HP.

Dodge "RE" Governor Solenoid to GM Pressure Control Solenoid Conversion Kit

#REC. This kit was specifically designed to handle higher base pressure in high performance applications and to improve the reliability of the governor solenoid in normal use. In performance units the pressure can flood the Dodge solenoid and cause a no shift condition at full throttle. This is the fix. Fits all rear wheel drive RE model transmissions.

Will it work with a flash? As the line pressure is modified by the PCM when it is flashed.

Do I need special bolts to install Bassani headers, or will the same bolts for the OEM exhaust manifold work?

Venom Power said:
Do I need special bolts to install Bassani headers, or will the same bolts for the OEM exhaust manifold work?
A lot of people use ARP bolts.

Venom Power said:

I used Stage 8 locking bolts with factory gaskets, 10k miles, no leaks, no retightening.

Them is the answers I needs.. Oh and :dontknow:where could I get the stage 8 or ARP bolts? Thanks guys.:D

pokeytemplar said:
Have to contact PATC on that one.

I called and spoke to Jim. He stated that the GM valve would work with the flash. He said that it also corrects issues with shift kits and how they also affect the presures and kill off the stock piece. He also said run the deep pan.

Venom Power said:
Them is the answers I needs.. Oh and :dontknow:where could I get the stage 8 or ARP bolts? Thanks guys.:D

order Stage 8 bolts direct, GREAT customer service.

FerrariTruck said:
is there a full manual valve body availble so you can do away with the pressure solenoid?

also since we are talking trannys, Why not a 4l80e? its overdrive and electronic and can be built to handle tons of hp all day long?

You cant have a 48re with a manual valve body as it is an electronically controlled tranny. However Donato Engineering can convert your 48re to a 48rf which is not electronic and then you can have a manual valve body.

:dontknow: Does anyone know the specific torque specs of valve cover bolts for these motors? :confused:Are there even any specs? How about header bolts? Last thing I need is to break a bolt off in a hole.

Last edited:
Venom Power said:
:dontknow: Does anyone know the specific torque specs of valve cover bolts for these motors? :confused:Are there even any specs? How about header bolts? Last thing I need is to break a bolt off in a hole.

Thats really the last thing you will have to worry about slapping them headers on

Valve cover: snug

Header bolts good and snug...and go back every 4 or 5 thousand miles

While you have the valve covers off...check the torque on the head studs...

But I am often wrong...and have not ever been in a Holiday Inn Express...

I am getting ready to order the pressure solenoids for my QC transmission. Can I use the better GM one's or do I need to stick with the factory one's?

Prof said:
Valve cover: snug

Header bolts good and snug...and go back every 4 or 5 thousand miles

While you have the valve covers off...check the torque on the head studs...
But I am often wrong...and have not ever been in a Holiday Inn Express...

And the torque spec should be?:)

Ironhead said:
Thats really the last thing you will have to worry about slapping them headers on

Just because you said that I will take her to the stealership and have my favorite Viper tech install them.

I am gettingmy exhaust done tomorrow and I would liketo know if everyone is removing their mufflers with the rear cat delete or are they leaving them on. I'm eventually going to delete the other two front cats but that will be later. Also, how aggressive is the sound with the rears deleted vs. the rears and muffler deleted?

antnee make sure and use some anti sieze those are aluminum heads. just tighten them down good, start at the inside and move out then go over them again. i never had a problem with mine leaking, never had to re tighten them.

Ram Z's SRT said:
I am gettingmy exhaust done tomorrow and I would liketo know if everyone is removing their mufflers with the rear cat delete or are they leaving them on. I'm eventually going to delete the other two front cats but that will be later. Also, how aggressive is the sound with the rears deleted vs. the rears and muffler deleted?
I don't have any cats on mine.

Bill.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back