Performance Mods & Price

There are a lot of members new and old that are researching power mods, hp gains and prices...

for the purposes of creating a general outline that perhaps can become a stickey, please post up what you can. We can fill in the blanks, and maybe come up with a nice accurate list

Obviously there are 10,000 ways to skin a cat perhaps we can boil down the go fast plan to a dozen or so "packages" and bolt ons.

Let's start with a parts list in no particular order. parts only no labor and rwhp gains (realistic)

PART................COST..............RWHP GAIN..........NOTES

C.A.I...................$300..................0-5..................great sound
Drop In Filter........$50-75...............5-8..................

Hi All,

I just purchased my 06 QC about 3 weeks ago and it's bone stock except for a drop in K&N filter. I was looking to purchase a Volant CAI which uses our stock hood as a functional ram air and claims hp gains of up to 39 hp. So what this thread is telling me is I will actually go backwards buying this kit.

Is this true? Please advise

Do not bother, no ram air at that location. You already have the best setup with a drop in, our hoods are to let heat out not ram air....

I went with a K&N CAI over the stock airbox. Cleaned it up, took off the other battery box too. I just didn't care for the look of stock setup. You will love the sound of the CAI. Just my O2.,

Absoutley a CAI will give an awesome sound, I just decided not to spend $300+ for sound and did the drop in with a custom hydrodipped OE lid by V1R.........to match my valve covers....

u2ebe6yn.jpg

You can get all the CAI sound without the CAI cost with a setup like my old one. Sounded great for under$100.

this is my setup along with using the xtra batt tray for my BT catch can:drool:

P1010004.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010001.JPG:rock:

Looks awesome Hawk.

What are you guys refereeing to regarding the "sound"? I would under stand an exhaust sound but have no clue what you guys are talking about with CAI.

Loud air sucking sound from open element cone filter.

Sounds similar to secondaries opening up on an old Carter Thermoquad. Ya I know that means I really OLD!!!

this is my setup along with using the xtra batt tray for my BT catch can:drool:

View attachment 52757

View attachment 52756

View attachment 52755:rock:

I think this is the best lookin set up, the only change would be if you could change the charge pipe to a hard pipe and maybe coat it to.. that would be sick.. Drop in K&N and this best performance on any CAI... Sweet. All aftermarket CAI are just HAI " Hot air induction " - Except the Volant which is just a NAI " No air Induction " lol.. " Proven to lose over 7hp at peak"

Hi All,

I just purchased my 06 QC about 3 weeks ago and it's bone stock except for a drop in K&N filter. I was looking to purchase a Volant CAI which uses our stock hood as a functional ram air and claims hp gains of up to 39 hp. So what this thread is telling me is I will actually go backwards buying this kit.

Is this true? Please advise

Volant is not functional, its the opposite of functional lol.. has proven -7hp losses in the real world..

This is actually a very cool thread.

Of course it is, all the good threads were created before all you hooligans joined....

This thread was made before you even knew what a srt10 ram was ,, you may have still been nursing on mommys teet lol... " it was that long ago"...
its from an older wiser generation of interweb forum information distribution:D:D . .

Of course it is, all the good threads were created before all you hooligans joined....

This thread was made before you even knew what a srt10 ram was ,, you may have still been nursing on mommys teet lol... " it was that long ago"...
its from an older wiser generation of interweb forum information distribution:D:D . .
Older, wiser generation... Oh, you mean the kind of people that dig up all the threads started by another member, out of sheer boredom? Kinda glad I wasn't around for that, actually. :D

Older, wiser generation... Oh, you mean the kind of people that dig up all the threads started by another member, out of sheer boredom? Kinda glad I wasn't around for that, actually. :D

LOL no the older smarter generation departed just us dummies still here :)...

ohh and ps your still here for the generation of digging up threads lol.. PS you were the inspiration for it " gears thread" i was following in your foot steps :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back