Performance Mods & Price

rottenronnie said:
So,
I have the stage 2 flash.
Where is the 30 horsepower over the stage 2 coming from with the Vec III?- Just the tune or are you talking about these kind of gains
after more serious mods then using the VEC III to dial things in at that point...???

Thanks

Ron

I agree....the extra 30 is hard to account for....anyone want to explain?

FSTJACK said:
Have not seen a good high quality aftermarket SFI approved damper mentioned.

wow...picky....:D

1) Any super pro, pro or sportsman truck only needs a SFI approved dampner if dipping below 10.99

2) as 10.99 would require in almost all cases a built motor...the dampner is included in the motor build price as it was for mine.....

need more detail....

for the RC guys...

Lightweight flywheel,.....hp.....cost
Viper master/slave upgade.....cost
high hp clutch......cost

anyone,,,?

Nowwhat said:
need more detail....

for the RC guys...

high hp clutch......cost

anyone,,,?

Around $1500 not installed:dontknow:

Nowwhat said:
need more detail....

for the RC guys...

high hp clutch......cost

anyone,,,?

If talking about the package kit of the viper slave, fidenza flywheel and centerforce clutch id say prob maybe a 0-5 hp and parts at 1500 and labor anywhere around $700-$800 depending on the hourly rate of the place you take it to. personally my bill for install and parts was $2300 total. If thats what your asking about:dontknow:

I didn't see a 4.56/4.88 Gear Upgrade in the list. Espceially helpfull for the '04 owners.

I think Unitrax sells gear sets for around $425. www.GoUnitrax.com

Installation cost me another ~$400 when I had my truck, but will obviously vary depending on different shops and the time it takes them.:)

Nowwhat do you have the cost break down without installed costs...

Nowwhat said:
cost breakdown for what???

Hey Nowwhat, what ever happen with the rollcage? and what was the cost on it?
anything around the 10's needed one right?:dontknow:

Nowwhat said:
There are a lot of members new and old that are researching power mods, hp gains and prices...

for the purposes of creating a general outline that perhaps can become a stickey, please post up what you can. We can fill in the blanks, and maybe come up with a nice accurate list

Obviously there are 10,000 ways to skin a cat perhaps we can boil down the go fast plan to a dozen or so "packages" and bolt ons.

Let's start with a parts list in no particular order. parts only no labor and rwhp gains (realistic)

PART................COST..............RWHP GAIN..........NOTES

C.A.I...................$300..................0-5..................great sound
Drop In Filter........$50-75...............5-8..................more trq then CAI
Cat Back..............$500-$1200........10-15...............great sound
Catless Mids.........$400..................15-20
Longtube Headers..$1700-$2000.......15-20...............big trq and sound
Shortie Headers.....$600-900............0-15................depends on Brand
Stage II Flash.......$900..................10-20...............big gains at lower rpm
VEC III................$1000.................20-40...............big gains at lower rpm
Throttle Body.......$600...................5-10

PACKAGE..........COST INSTALLED....RWHP GAIN........NOTES

Paxton.................$11000-$13000.....175-225
Roe.....................$8000..................175-200
Twin Turbos..........$12000-$40000.....300-800..............built motor needed after 750rwhp
Ported Head/Cam...$7000-$8000........ 75-100...............includes headers+valvetrain
Stryker Head/Cam..$12000................150................... includes headers+valvetrain
Nitrous.................$1000-$8000........100-250..............stock bottom end
Big Nos.................$5000-$10000......250-500..............forged motor
Motor Build............$15000-$25000.....50-75.................good to 1500rwhp

OTHER..............COST INSTALLED....NOTES

Auto Trans Build.....$4000-$9000..........trans good for 700-1500rwhp
Trq converter........$1500-$2500...........2400-2500 stall for slicks
Upgraded Clutch.....$1000-$3000..........handles 5000rpm drops
Rear axle upgrade...$3500-$4000..........slick friendly w/ locker
Caltracs................$400-$500.............big 60' improvement

1) VEC and Flash have tremendous advantages beside rwhp and trq. RC and QC will benefit differently
2) Drag Radials and Slick packages from $600-$1200 depending on rwhp needs....cuts 60' to 1.6x-1.9x
3) Package prices assume professional installers that add correct wires, hoses, breahters, plugs, pushrods etc where applicable
4) STS turbo excluded due to multiple engine failures
5) Hennessey products should be avoided at all costs

Good Info Mike:rock:

hey guys new around here, great site, i love it, and thanks "Nowwhat" i've been looking for a list like that, just wondering where i can get the throttle body from, and some of the other parts, i got a 05 QC w/ a volant cai, was running @ the track last night and where the intake hooks up to the throttle body, it kinda melted (bent) in. so i'm gonna test the k&n drop n theory and see what kinda gains i get. also know any good websites????

I wish somebody would do a search for 4.88s and bump every thread that ever mentioned them.....

Back