Stinker said:
TT from pro turbo(just small turbos and piping and cooler) $9200
TT from UGR turn key 40k area 1300+hp
Fuel system (injectors, rails, lines, pump) $3500 area
dual disc McCleod clutch $3200

didnt know how or what ya wanted pal, and pm sent

notes added....

Mike,

For Big NOS, does that include your modified intake?

will

Manic said:
Mike,

For Big NOS, does that include your modified intake?

will

yes direct port with a Maximizer II controller, professional wiring, seperate fuel cell etc.

Nowwhat said:
There are a lot of members new and old that are researching power mods, hp gains and prices...

for the purposes of creating a general outline that perhaps can become a stickey, please post up what you can. We can fill in the blanks, and maybe come up with a nice accurate list

Obviously there are 10,000 ways to skin a cat perhaps we can boil down the go fast plan to a dozen or so "packages" and bolt ons.

Let's start with a parts list in no particular order. parts only no labor and rwhp gains (realistic)

PART................COST..............RWHP GAIN..........NOTES

C.A.I...................$300..................0-5..................great sound
Drop In Filter........$50-75...............5-8..................more trq then CAI
Cat Back..............$500-$1200........10-15...............great sound
Catless Mids.........$400..................15-20
Longtube Headers..$1700-$2000.......15-20...............big trq and sound
Shortie Headers.....$600-900............0-15................depends on Brand
Stage II Flash.......$900..................10-20...............big gains at lower rpm
VEC III................$1000.................20-40...............big gains at lower rpm
Throttle Body.......$600...................5-10

PACKAGE..........COST INSTALLED....RWHP GAIN........NOTES

Paxton.................$11000-$13000.....175-225
Roe.....................$8000..................175-200
Twin Turbos..........$12000-$40000.....300-800..............built motor needed after 750rwhp
Ported Head/Cam...$7000-$8000........ 75-100...............includes headers+valvetrain
Stryker Head/Cam..$12000................150................... includes headers+valvetrain
Nitrous.................$1000-$8000........100-250..............stock bottom end
Big Nos.................$5000-$10000......250-500..............forged motor
Motor Build............$15000-$25000.....50-75.................good to 1500rwhp

OTHER..............COST INSTALLED....NOTES

Auto Trans Build.....$4000-$9000..........trans good for 700-1500rwhp
Trq converter........$1500-$2500...........2400-2500 stall for slicks
Upgraded Clutch.....$1000-$3000..........handles 5000rpm drops
Rear axle upgrade...$3500-$4000..........slick friendly w/ locker
Caltracs................$400-$500.............big 60' improvement

1) VEC and Flash have tremendous advantages beside rwhp and trq. RC and QC will benefit differently
2) Drag Radials and Slick packages from $600-$1200 depending on rwhp needs....cuts 60' to 1.6x-1.9x
3) Package prices assume professional installers that add correct wires, hoses, breahters, plugs, pushrods etc where applicable
4) STS turbo excluded due to multiple engine failures
5) Hennessey products should be avoided at all costs
good info & fairly accurate .......:D

Thanks again Mike...this should be a sticky. When I put in my K&N I felt nothing so I would say 5hp is safe. Catless mid are about 15 hp. On a QC stage II the top end is opened up, I think that is more important than the hp gains. I am running 91 so i feel like i got about 25hp out of it. Again thanks for the info. Once my bassani's & Magnaflow are on I will dyno my ride, just have no baseline....oh well.

Hey nowwhat? when you say motor build up exactly what in specifics are part of the build up.

Ill venture a guess of:
rockers
heads
pistons
rings
rods
cam
valves
what else can be considered to build this motor up? or am I pretty on task?

Thanks Mike and the rest off you guy´s...:rock: :rock:

This makes it a lot easier to chose what i want for my beast..

Stefan...

:idea: alright thats it i cant take it anymore!!! KAREN IS FOR SALE:D or possible trade for all/some of the above mentioned:p :p dont hold back every one! make offer now, dont delay this is a limited time offer:D Im a dead man gotta go:burnout:

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis said:
Hey nowwhat? when you say motor build up exactly what in specifics are part of the build up.

Ill venture a guess of:
rockers
heads
pistons
rings
rods
cam
valves
what else can be considered to build this motor up? or am I pretty on task?

by motor build I basically am refering to bolstering the motor to the point it can handle the rpm and pressure of 1000+rwhp

the list for a build can be a varied as anything else we do to our trucks but some good basics

sleeving the block
billet mains
balance and blueprinting
pistons (specific to your application)
upgraded valves, seats, springs, pushrods, rockers

while you are there it is your best chance to go nuts with heads, cams..you can cryo anything that needs it..upgrade the oil pump etc etc etc....

Fstjack can really give you an example of the max...trq plates for the motor mounts etc...

devildog02 said:
:idea: alright thats it i cant take it anymore!!! KAREN IS FOR SALE:D or possible trade for all/some of the above mentioned:p :p dont hold back every one! make offer now, dont delay this is a limited time offer:D Im a dead man gotta go:burnout:
Alright, thats the kind of mod I'm looking for!:D

Bill.

Nowwhat said:
by motor build I basically am refering to bolstering the motor to the point it can handle the rpm and pressure of 1000+rwhp

the list for a build can be a varied as anything else we do to our trucks but some good basics

sleeving the block
billet mains
balance and blueprinting
pistons (specific to your application)
upgraded valves, seats, springs, pushrods, rockers

while you are there it is your best chance to go nuts with heads, cams..you can cryo anything that needs it..upgrade the oil pump etc etc etc....

Fstjack can really give you an example of the max...trq plates for the motor mounts etc...

exactly it can be done basically two different ways and both are great.

one is
stock or ported heads , stock springs and valves
better rods and pistons
oil pump
cam
all good bearings
this gives you a good strong reliable engine for decent power, but want cost a fortune.
then you could
have the crank polished turned balanced
rods the same, piston(numerous)
billet mains
sleeving and boring
porting heads
valve springs, and larger valves
rockers and push rods
numerous other things, coatings and so on , and have a monster capable of well over 1000+

RedSrt007 said:
I would say 25-50hp on the VecIII is more realistic.

On other - I would put clutch kit, also shifter.

So,
I have the stage 2 flash.
Where is the 30 horsepower over the stage 2 coming from with the Vec III?- Just the tune or are you talking about these kind of gains
after more serious mods then using the VEC III to dial things in at that point...???

Thanks

Ron

Last edited:
Could we make this a Sticky, please? :dontknow:

Best thread for "New Owners" I have seen in a LONG time. :rock:

EDIT: I just noticed it IS a sticky... Thanks. :eek:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back