periodic non-starting issue on (very) low-mile 05 SRT-10

Yes always
My point is how long is the gas in the truck considering the Queen is extremely low mileage.. then the question how much gas is in it ? Even using stabilizer it won’t last forever !
I will say that in sept 2021 ,, due to health and going out of business my truck sat with a full tank and was just fired up and taken around the block up to operating temps and getting the oil circulating about every 2 weeks to every month for over 3 years now on the same tank of gas … I didn’t have any problems , luckily , didn’t turn to varnish or smell funky when run .. I have since added fresh gas and run it more around the block .. I also have not filled the tank since back then but didn’t have a problem adding gas the last time .. the bad part is ai need to get the damn disc pads replaced on the drivers wheel before I can drive it around the block .. damn ,, once I am able to started doing crap again that’s priority 1 ..

My point is how long is the gas in the truck considering the Queen is extremely low mileage.. then the question how much gas is in it ? Even using stabilizer it won’t last forever !
I will say that in sept 2021 ,, due to health and going out of business my truck sat with a full tank and was just fired up and taken around the block up to operating temps and getting the oil circulating about every 2 weeks to every month for over 3 years now on the same tank of gas … I didn’t have any problems , luckily , didn’t turn to varnish or smell funky when run .. I have since added fresh gas and run it more around the block .. I also have not filled the tank since back then but didn’t have a problem adding gas the last time .. the bad part is ai need to get the damn disc pads replaced on the drivers wheel before I can drive it around the block .. damn ,, once I am able to started doing crap again that’s priority 1 ..
Stabl and started periodically definitely needs a leg stretching soon. Fresh battery last year so far no funky smells

She will get new belts hoses and shoes if/when she gets off her throne

Nice!
Big state.
I remember my first drive from Calgary to Los Angeles in 1973. I crossed into the state of California (north-end) and thought I was almost there.
Nope, not even close...

Last edited:
Oil temp gauge is still working. It must be a survivor. They aren't supposed to last 19 years. Does anyone know who I could complain to? I feel stressed.

Attachments

• 20240414_124809.jpg
    20240414_124809.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 5
Oil temp gauge is still working. It must be a survivor. They aren't supposed to last 19 years. Does anyone know who I could complain to? I feel stressed.
Shhh , no jinks allowed

Nice!
Big state.
I remember my first drive from Calgary to Los Angeles in 1973. I crossed into the state of California (north-end) and thought I was almost there.
Nope, not even close...
People that come from other countries ,, like Europe make travel itineraries for America before the get here thinking they drive can see all the major sights around the country in a week or 2 hahaha .. my sister in laws parents from Germany did that and found out it’s not going to happen .. and had to settle for only a couple smaller states on the East cost .. they were amazed how big the US actually is . Hahaha

Nice!
Big state.
Nope, not even close...
Right! It's really three states in one! Northern, central, Southern, and about 13 hours to get through it all :eek:

Well it's Sunday -ozy should have stretched her a LOT and have a great report for us soon!!

Did he say what color she is? I'm picturing Red ;) but I may be biased

Background: I owned a 2005 SRT-10 QC from new until about 2011 -- sold it due to needing an SUV for the family. Always missed it, and finally bought a low-mile (3000, seriously) 2005 SRT-10 QC identically-speced to the one I used to own.

Now, being 19 years old now (the truck I mean, not my old ass), I expect some issues. I have some preventative maintenance to do I know, etc.

I just got the truck a day or so ago. It doesn't like to start easily. As in --- turn the key on, everything lights up, hit the start button, cranks like crazy, but never fires. Turn off. Repeat. Often, second try, fires right up. Sometimes, 4th try.

Me knowing just enough to be dangerous but mostly clueless thinks this sounds like a fuel-delivery issue. Fuel pump relay? But, once it is running, there are no issues at all -- only a start issue. And, it works sometimes. So, something is failing intermittently only at engine-crank time.

Thoughts?

And, latest recommendation on tires? The tires on this 3000-mile thing have been there for 8 years now (apparently someone got tired of 11-year-old tires 8 years ago). I'm not planning on going anywhere long anytime soon, but know the original Pirellis are no longer made ... so what is the current thinking? I'm not going to be driving super aggressively, but I also don't want to buy some hard-as-crap long-lasting tires that will make the ride feel like crap.
Is it a Yellow Fever?
What number?

Well it's Sunday -ozy should have stretched her a LOT and have a great report for us soon!!

Did he say what color she is? I'm picturing Red ;) but I may be biased
Yeah yeah red on the brain hahaha !

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back