Perma Star coated factory wheels...

Texas Yellow Fever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought an extra set of take off wheels and tires off eBay the other day and sent the wheels off to Goodrich Technologies in California to get a coat of Perma Star, which is similar to a powder coating process, but much more complicated and durable, supposedly. The result is a chrome (like) finish that is not supposed to ever chip or peel etc. They only have two colors, chrome and black chome. I took some pictures in the garage tonight, they are pretty shitty because it was dark. I'll take some better ones when I get them on the truck, but so far I am VERY impressed. They can also do intakes, valve covers, etc...the price (before you ask) was less than $200 per wheel.

Attachments

• DSCF1293.JPG
    DSCF1293.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 312
  • DSCF1294.JPG
    DSCF1294.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 316
  • DSCF1295.JPG
    DSCF1295.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 229
  • DSCF1296.JPG
    DSCF1296.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 217
you read cali and missed the rest??

"Goodrich Technologies in California"

Damn..they look great Steve..nice,very nice.:rock:

Turn around time Steve?

They look wonderful...maybe I can get mine there and back before the snow ends here!

"The technology uses a combination of powder coating and physical vapor deposition coating techniques. The coating has a chrome-like appearance and has the advantages over conventional chrome plating technologies that it is cheaper and reduces rejects."

Last edited:
Prof said:
Turn around time Steve?

They look wonderful...maybe I can get mine there and back before the snow ends here!

"The technology uses a combination of powder coating and physical vapor deposition coating techniques. The coating has a chrome-like appearance and has the advantages over conventional chrome plating technologies that it is cheaper and reduces rejects."

Turn around was about 3 weeks. I have an extra set of wheels and the boxes they came back in, if you want to buy them, I'll ship them out there and they can ship them back to you ready to install...:D

Texas Yellow Fever said:
Turn around was about 3 weeks. I have an extra set of wheels and the boxes they came back in, if you want to buy them, I'll ship them out there and they can ship them back to you ready to install...:D

Thinking...and it hurts...

Sweet....first they name coated wheels after me....next, the world :rock:

:D

Big Perm said:
Sweet....first they name coated wheels after me....next, the world :rock:

:D

First it was a smelly process to make women more attractive, but failed.

Prof said:
First it was a smelly process to make women more attractive, but failed.

I'm having a blonde moment, help me out here :confused:

BTW Steve, very kewl.....congrats bro :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back