Photography Thread

maybe? :dontknow: I was hoping you would stop by. :rock:

Brad, here would be a great place to show off some of your best pics and explain the steps you took to get them. I know I would really appreciate it. :rock:

Brad, here would be a great place to show off some of your best pics and explain the steps you took to get them. I know I would really appreciate it. :rock:

Be happy to help with the little bit I know. Will check in with this thread. Been extremely busy at my other job.

For fast moving objects higher shutter speed is required. The SRT10 will require a fast shutter speed.

you can do all kinds of crazy stuff with your camera.
If you want I can explain the different buttons that are on a canon camera.

Some shots I took:

photo of my Subaru with a rig:

Some other shots:

Really nice stuff bro, especially the first one of the Subaru. What settings to get that pic?

If you understand the basics of manual settings then this setting will be especially important to learn. It is often difficult to shoot black or dark trucks outside especially when there is shade in the shot from trees or objects. Another example is shooting into a hard light source direction like the sun. It is important to use a tripod and limit any movement for best results.

Automatic Exposure Bracketing

An automatic exposure bracketing feature lets you set the Canon T3i's total exposure variation (across three shots) at anywhere from +/- one-third or one-half EV, up to +/- 2 EV. The nice part is that the automatic variation is centered around whatever level of manual exposure compensation you have dialed in. Thus, you could manually set a positive exposure compensation of 0.7 EV, and then have the camera give you a variation of +/- 2/3 EV around that point. (This also means that the bracketed exposures can go outside of the standard exposure compensation range, allowing one shot as far as 7 EV from the metered exposure.) The number of shots in a sequence is fixed to three, and the sequence order also can't be changed from 0, -, + (default, under, over).

Here's an example that comes to mind but shot without a tripod with close range exposure bracketing.
motivator4980569.jpg

Last edited:
Whats the secret to shooting long exposure during the day? I tried today using a waterfall near my house. They all came out way to bright except for this one:

I had to edit the piss out of it just to be able to see it.

Here are some from last night in downtown Houston. Camera is a Nikon D5100 with a sigma 10-20mm wide angle lens. Only edit I made was resizing them to fit here. They look way better on the projector screen.

Last edited:
3-6 seconds @ F16-F20/ ISO 400

Here is the same lens maxed out at 10mm- almost a 180 degree view with very little image distortion unlike a fisheye lens.

Last edited:
I have always enjoyed photography but have never made the jump into a serious camera. With that being said, what would be a good beginner camera that offers me more options than my crappy digital that I have now?

This thread is very interesting to me. I agree with you on the tilt shift thing Chris, very cool pics! But have you ever seen a video done with tilt shift?? It is unique to say the least. Let me see if I can dig the one up that introduced me to tilt shift.

I have always enjoyed photography but have never made the jump into a serious camera. With that being said, what would be a good beginner camera that offers me more options than my crappy digital that I have now?

This thread is very interesting to me. I agree with you on the tilt shift thing Chris, very cool pics! But have you ever seen a video done with tilt shift?? It is unique to say the least. Let me see if I can dig the one up that introduced me to tilt shift.

U can get good pictures with a decent camera it doesnt have to be a expensive one just go to a good place to take pics just look around. The truth its all in the editing

Damn those are some good pictures. Are you shooting in manual?

Thanks man! These are all long exposure pics in manual mode. But I took about 30, and these three were the best. So, its not like I just went out and snapped 3 great pics. Maybe one day :D

The second one would be good in HDR

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back