Plane Crash

Wow. I just got back from Overseas. My flight landed at Newark airport @ 2pm . I saw the seen on the ride home. All I can say is God Bless this pilot!
There was an strange feeling of 911 all over again. This thing could have plowed into any one of those buildings all over again.

nycstev said:
Wow. I just got back from Overseas. My flight landed at Newark airport @ 2pm . I saw the seen on the ride home. All I can say is God Bless this pilot!
There was an strange feeling of 911 all over again. This thing could have plowed into any one of those buildings all over again.

Were YOU driving ? :confused: :dontknow:

No. I came in at 2. Drove home around 4. Sawit from the roadway.
WTF will they do with this plane? Put it on a barge and tow it back to the airport?:confused:

nycstev said:
No. I came in at 2. Drove home around 4. Sawit from the roadway.
WTF will they do with this plane? Put it on a barge and tow it back to the airport?:confused:

sure... just suck it vacuum to dry it... ;) :D

Seriously though these planes must float I assume? The cabin is airtight and the fueltanks I assume are airtight as well? Of course if the structure is breached either on breakup OR if the doors are opened it will take on water.
I did obviously see the doors opened and people standing out on the wing.

nycstev said:
Seriously though these planes must float I assume? The cabin is airtight and the fueltanks I assume are airtight as well? Of course if the structure is breached either on breakup OR if the doors are opened it will take on water.
I did obviously see the doors opened and people standing out on the wing.

Steve,

what COULD fly in the air and NOT float on water ? :dontknow: ...:p :D

belgiumbarry said:
Steve,

what COULD fly in the air and NOT float on water ? :dontknow: ...:p :D
LOL.. thats not what I meant Mr Waffle head:D I was thinking in terms of places where it could take on water and cause it to sink.

Gotta remember, the wings are full of fuel. the cargo area is airtight and will provide boyancy when the cabin doors have been opened. At some point it's gonna sink though.

ccfeyh said:
Gotta remember, the wings are full of fuel. the cargo area is airtight and will provide boyancy when the cabin doors have been opened. At some point it's gonna sink though.
Of course . And jet fuel wieghs less than water:D So it has to float. But will water creep in anywhere over time?:confused:

SilvrSRT10 said:
Listening to a rescued passenger interview. He's pretty sure everyone is off the plane safely.

Glory to God and heartfelt thanks to the heroic rescuers......:congrats:

D

nycstev said:
Of course . And jet fuel wieghs less than water:D So it has to float. But will water creep in anywhere over time?:confused:

maybe if someone flushes the toilet and you get the inverse .... :dontknow: :D :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back