Poll on adding a Supporting Member Benefit

What would you like to get as a supporting member

• Total voters
Black1 said:
It's a great idea, Bob. :) I've seen it done before, with varying levels of success... but, mostly failure. It would be cool to have tho. :rock:

We just now got the "Truck of the Month" thing going, after much toil and pleading. This would be MUCH more difficult than TOTM, IMO. :dontknow: But, it could be done!
I would win every month then...Could you imagine logging on everyday of your life and seeing my pic on the front page lolololol:marchmellow: :marchmellow: I like the idea...I could do some Blue steel poses :marchmellow:

OCBob said:
OK, let me clarify what I meant by a newsletter.

I was thinking along the lines of an emailed newsletter. Maybe a monthly edition? We could have a lot of stuff in it to make it both entertaining and informative. Here's a list of some of the things we might want to put in there.

* Some of the best posts/threads of the last month. It's hard to see everything, at least this way you wouldn't miss the good stuff!

*Member profiles, member of the month.

*Vendor profiles, vendor of the month.

*Behind the scenes of the VTCOA, with monthly forum stats (visitors/threads/posts/deleted posts/bannings/etc)

*Tech tips

*Vendor specials/coupons

*Supporting Member Network (contact list/get togethers)

*Free classifieds

*Product Reviews

I'm sure it would have to be something that would evolve greatly in the first couple of months. But overall I'm thinking about a monthly digest more or less. A chance to make sure you didn't miss anything and to learn more about your fellow members and your vendors and products.

If it is something that a lot of folks would be interested in I would take the lead on producing it. Of course, I would be more than open to any assistance that could be provided.

It's a great idea Bob:congrats: :rock: :pcguru: :alberteinstein: :deal: :shakehands: :five: :top:

OCBob said:
OK, let me clarify what I meant by a newsletter.

I was thinking along the lines of an emailed newsletter. Maybe a monthly edition? We could have a lot of stuff in it to make it both entertaining and informative. Here's a list of some of the things we might want to put in there.

* Some of the best posts/threads of the last month. It's hard to see everything, at least this way you wouldn't miss the good stuff!

*Member profiles, member of the month.

*Vendor profiles, vendor of the month.

*Behind the scenes of the VTCOA, with monthly forum stats (visitors/threads/posts/deleted posts/bannings/etc)

*Tech tips

*Vendor specials/coupons

*Supporting Member Network (contact list/get togethers)

*Free classifieds

*Product Reviews

I'm sure it would have to be something that would evolve greatly in the first couple of months. But overall I'm thinking about a monthly digest more or less. A chance to make sure you didn't miss anything and to learn more about your fellow members and your vendors and products.

If it is something that a lot of folks would be interested in I would take the lead on producing it. Of course, I would be more than open to any assistance that could be provided.

Taking on a newsletter project would be huge. It's hard enough to please everybody as it is. With a newsletter, people start to expect it and complain when it gets off schedule. We did a free one at work for our clients, and if it was a week late I'd get all sorts of calls.

Bob......what about an email newsletter:D

Now that wouldtn be too bad, do it up ona photoshop deal then just email it out.

wouldnt cost near as much;) and distribution would be tons easier:D

Stinker said:
Bob......what about an email newsletter:D

Now that wouldtn be too bad, do it up ona photoshop deal then just email it out.

wouldnt cost near as much;) and distribution would be tons easier:D
That's what I was saying Tony. Not only that but we can include links.

is there a count on how many "paying members" there are? i think the key would be some way to entice non payers like myself to pay up.:dontknow:

i know on my dads nova forum, if you want to post pics, you have to become a paying member. i think that would be a step in the right direction for this forum.

wheredwhogo? said:
is there a count on how many "paying members" there are? i think the key would be some way to entice non payers like myself to pay up.:dontknow:
That's what they are trying to do ..... what does it take for you to want to pay up? Post up ;) ;)

wheredwhogo? said:
i know on my dads nova forum, if you want to post pics, you have to become a paying member. i think that would be a step in the right direction for this forum.
Bite Your tongue - why should we have to pay to post pics??? :dontknow:

furthermore, there are some people on here that use this forum as thier personal soap opera, thus distracting and taking away from the sole reason of the forum.

Haterade said:
Good point. I am a paying member but get frustrated by how easily legitimate truck posts get off topic. I don't mind there being sections for non truck related stuff, but once a thread I like becomes hijacked for nontruck stuff, I start to lose interest.
Then post up what you guys want to see to make it better :dontknow:

Haterade said:
how many paying members are there that still own their Ram SRT-10?
We could take a poll :dontknow:

wheredwhogo? said:
explain to me what the point of paying is for?
I think it is so you can get your own vtcoa email address and you get to look at the offensive section. Also, you get extra PM space if you like that kinda thing and you can look at the DIY section. Other than that, I dunno :dontknow:

Also, I think it goes towards upgrading servers and administrative stuff. I would like to see part of the membership fees go to a forum member in need fund that could be used in case someone befalls hard times. Of course the paying members would have to vote on each situation case by case.........

Wifey said:
We could take a poll :dontknow:

I think we should. It would be nice to know the owners from the former owners, from the I want to own one one day crowd.

I know a lot of friends have been made here and I really applaud that. However, it is a Club for Viper Truck Owners.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back