Poll on adding a Supporting Member Benefit

What would you like to get as a supporting member

• Total voters
Haterade said:
I think we should. It would be nice to know the owners from the former owners, from the I want to own one one day crowd.

I know a lot of friends have been made here and I really applaud that. However, it is a Club for Viper Truck Owners.
Is that in the rules somewhere? I don't think so :dontknow: I am an owner, but many of the founding members have even had to sell their trucks. Would they need to be banned if they had to sell their truck?

Wifey said:
Is that in the rules somewhere? I don't think so :dontknow: I am an owner, but many of the founding members have even had to sell their trucks. Would they need to be banned if they had to sell their truck?

Wouldn't ban them. Not at all. Not trying to decrease membership. It would just be interesting to know. If gas keeps going where they say it is going, I may have to sell mine. (Damn that was hard to type)

Wifey said:
I think it is so you can get your own email address and you get to look at the offensive section. Also, you get extra PM space if you like that kinda thing and you can look at the DIY section. Other than that, I dunno :dontknow:

im thinking it is to support the forum and help absorb some of the costs of running the forum. I dont think you should have to bribe anybody to pay to be a part of a great forum like this one. The benefit is that we have this great forum..period. Let me restate, your not really charging a fee to post pics. Only paying members can post pics and I think only paying members should be allowed to view pics. But if we are paying, just to get extra benefits, count me out. I get all the benefits out of just having a great forum such as this one. Sometimes I have to sift thru nonsense to get the answer. does any of this make sense..im sitting here trying to figure out how to say it......

wheredwhogo? said:
im thinking it is to support the forum and help absorb some of the costs of running the forum. I dont think you should have to bribe anybody to pay to be a part of a great forum like this one. The benefit is that we have this great forum..period. Let me restate, your not really charging a fee to post pics. Only paying members can post pics and I think only paying members should be allowed to view pics. But if we are paying, just to get extra benefits, count me out. I get all the benefits out of just having a great forum such as this one. Sometimes I have to sift thru nonsense to get the answer. does any of this make sense..im sitting here trying to figure out how to say it......
Cheap Bastage :D

wheredwhogo? said:
Yep, I understand. That's why the membership is voluntary and they never pressure anyone and most everyone gets most of the same privleges privileges. But then there are those who have extra and want to donate for the cause. Plus, don't forget that bitchen red star you get. Mikey keeps losing his though :D

Haterade said:
Wouldn't ban them. Not at all. Not trying to decrease membership. It would just be interesting to know. If gas keeps going where they say it is going, I may have to sell mine. (Damn that was hard to type)
Well, I started that poll for ya :D Now go vote :rock:

wheredwhogo? said:
Only paying members can post pics and I think only paying members should be allowed to view pics. But if we are paying, just to get extra benefits, count me out. I get all the benefits out of just having a great forum such as this one. Sometimes I have to sift thru nonsense to get the answer. does any of this make sense..im sitting here trying to figure out how to say it......

That might be a way to get more people to pay up to join. I enjoy looking at the mods and other truck pics.

I know the software and storage fees for this site cannot be cheap.

I joined because I liked having access to the entire site, the extra PM space and the email address (which I need to get more information on). My boss owns one of these trucks. He hasn't checked out the site yet. I wanted to email him with my @VTCOA email address to gloat a little.

Haterade said:
That might be a way to get more people to pay up to join. I enjoy looking at the mods and other truck pics.

I know the software and storage fees for this site cannot be cheap.

I joined because I liked having access to the entire site, the extra PM space and the email address (which I need to get more information on). My boss owns one of these trucks. He hasn't checked out the site yet. I wanted to email him with my @VTCOA email address to gloat a little.
When you pay your membership fee, they email you that info ;)

Check it out ........

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4450&highlight=supporting+member

well, whats our objective? To get more income to run the forum or to give more benefits out to those who pay? If we need more income for the forum, MAKE people pay, if they dont want to be a part of this, then f** em.

wheredwhogo? said:
sorry..yeah, what you said
hehehe I think they will probably overlook it now :rock:

wheredwhogo? said:
sooo, does the forum need more operating money?
They just upgraded to a new server, I don't think they NEED the money, I think it is for people to donate if they want the extra features stated in Patrick's introductory post. You could PM him if you want a financial statement :rolleyes: :dontknow:

Wifey said:
They just upgraded to a new server, I don't think they NEED the money, I think it is for people to donate if they want the extra features stated in Patrick's introductory post. You could PM him if you want a financial statement :rolleyes: :dontknow:

i dont need a financial statement. i trust anything these guys state. im just looking trying to find out why the push to get people to pay for extra benefits. if they need money, then make people pay, dont ask. like i said, those that are serious about this forum will pay the money, those that dont want to pay, will move on.

wheredwhogo? said:
i dont need a financial statement. i trust anything these guys state. im just looking trying to find out why the push to get people to pay for extra benefits. if they need money, then make people pay, dont ask. like i said, those that are serious about this forum will pay the money, those that dont want to pay, will move on.
Hmmmm, I really don't know :dontknow: I read the first post on this thread again and it sounds like Patrick is trying to offer something extra for those who decide to voluntarily become supporting members. I didn't get the impression he was pushing for money, but then I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to this kind of stuff ;) I'm just a post ho with an SRT-10 :)

im not meaning any disrespect to the post whores out there either. if they want to pay to post whore, im sure the forum would gladly accept their money too!

Haterade said:
Let's be honest, that's the best post ho there is.:rock:
Yeah, I guess ;) :D I probably wouldn't hang around here to much if I didn't own a 10, but because I do, ya'all are stuck with it - or utilize the ignore feature (it's free) :D ;) ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back