Poll on adding a Supporting Member Benefit

What would you like to get as a supporting member

• Total voters
Since I'll be living in poverty soon to fuel and support my need for SRT's I need clothing.. The VTCoA shirt idea would be very nice. I would have voted for that instead had it been included in the poll. If not then how about more smileys?

Venom Power said:
Since I'll be living in poverty soon to fuel and support my need for SRT's I need clothing.. The VTCoA shirt idea would be very nice. I would have voted for that instead had it been included in the poll. If not then how about more smileys?
I agree 100% but I would like to add a hat to that as well :rock: :rock: :rock:

Wifey said:
Hmmmm, I really don't know :dontknow: I read the first post on this thread again and it sounds like Patrick is trying to offer something extra for those who decide to voluntarily become supporting members. I didn't get the impression he was pushing for money, but then I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to this kind of stuff ;) I'm just a post ho with an SRT-10 :)
This is exactly correct Wifey,

With many upgrades and bandwidth that this server uses/requires, the costs of operating the forum tends to get expensive not including items not necessarily liquid valued (time, resources, etc..).

We currently have almost 75 supporting members with a total active member-base of over 3100 members...so with that being said, a very small percentage of the forum are supporting members. Any costs which are not met are then split between myself and jack...(which we have no problems doing that.....we love the forum and the members btw)

Point being, is that if we add a wonderful feature for the supporting members, this might help with the count, bringing in more for the forum; and helping cut down the costs for server updates, software, bandwidth, etc...

We will NOT remove any features of the forum to non-supporting members, as this is completely voluntary (and we would not like that if we were a member); we will only ADD new features.

hope this explains a little more....take care!

-Patrick

Wow. This thread went to shit. (Sorry Patrick)

To me, it's really simple. The admins are providing a means of saying "thank you" for supporting the site.

NO ONE is being forced to pay or made to pay.

wheredwhogo said:
those that are serious about this forum will pay the money, those that dont want to pay, will move on.

:rolleyes:

RedSrt007 said:
This is exactly correct Wifey,

With many upgrades and bandwidth that this server uses/requires, the costs of operating the forum tends to get expensive not including items not necessarily liquid valued (time, resources, etc..).

We currently have almost 75 supporting members with a total active member-base of over 3100 members...so with that being said, a very small percentage of the forum are supporting members. Any costs which are not met are then split between myself and jack...(which we have no problems doing that.....we love the forum and the members btw)

Point being, is that if we add a wonderful feature for the supporting members, this might help with the count, bringing in more for the forum; and helping cut down the costs for server updates, software, bandwidth, etc...

hope this explains a litte more....take care!

-Patrick
I can go on a crusade Patrick....You want more paying members I can deliver that :D Gimme a call I have some ideas if you are intrested :D Seriously :marchmellow:

Roz-SRT said:

To me, it's really simple. The admins are providing a means of saying "thank you" for supporting the site.

That was how I took the thread. An added benefit to supplement the others already there for our use and enjoyment :rock:

Roz-SRT said:

That's the way I took it!!

Roz-SRT said:

Okay, I get that. All I was trying to do was come up with ways to get more supporting members. Having 3100 active members and only 2% are supportive members. I was just trying to get more income so the owners are not the only ones contributing to this. The way I see it, if this is our family, then EVERYBODY should contribute. It hardly seems right that 2% and the owners are making it possible for the other 98% to have this great place. Im sorry for misunderstanding.

wheredwhogo? said:
Okay, I get that. All I was trying to do was come up with ways to get more supporting members. Having 3100 active members and only 2% are supportive members. I was just trying to get more income so the owners are not the only ones contributing to this. The way I see it, if this is our family, then EVERYBODY should contribute. It hardly seems right that 2% and the owners are making it possible for the other 98% to have this great place. Im sorry for misunderstanding.
Much better tact my man :rock: :rock: Ok I like you again :D

TheSickness said:
Much better tact my man :rock: :rock: Ok I like you again :D

half the time me and tact dont end up in the same ballpark. I am sure you have that same problem sometimes?:dontknow:

wheredwhogo? said:

I look forward to seeing a superbadasss red star by your name then . . . :congrats:

:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back