Ported Intake Manifold Results

trainman,
first, thanks for your efforts & reporting your findings !!! :rock:

curious on the cost of the work done to the intake so we can weigh the cost of intake modification vs 10hp gain.......

your gains in the 1/4 mile may be the real selling point.....;)

Last edited:
I think the time, effort, and cost may not make it a value to a lot of people. But if you are trying to get the most out of your package, it will be a plus.

Bill.

No idea on costs yet, although I had to pay about 3hrs labor to change the intake and spark plug wires... $330.00

hmmm. Roughly 2% gain from 4K up. Thank you for the information Tman. Was this with the stock TB?

Begood said:
I think the time, effort, and cost may not make it a value to a lot of people. But if you are trying to get the most out of your package, it will be a plus.
Bill.

I think Roy and Mickey need help with theirs ;) :p

that intake could make a few more ponys with a little work, the airfoil was a good idea but it to late in the air flow if you added a wall all the way to where the tb bolts(up power would be up across the board. keeping the banks seperate would allow for alot more velocity going into the cylinder, which would really help out alot on the low end(where power lacked).

dnz28 said:
that intake could make a few more ponys with a little work, the airfoil was a good idea but it to late in the air flow if you added a wall all the way to where the tb bolts(up power would be up across the board. keeping the banks seperate would allow for alot more velocity going into the cylinder, which would really help out alot on the low end(where power lacked).

i was thinking the samething, unless you had a single blade TB then i think the airfoil may be more effective than it is now

MG42pillbox said:
hmmm. Roughly 2% gain from 4K up. Thank you for the information Tman. Was this with the stock TB?

Yes, the stock unported throttle body. If I can't get the new BBK to work then I may try one of the single blade throttle bodies. Which one would you recommend...? Does anybody know which flows better between the Roe or the XMetal?

Last edited:
Prof said:
Racquet Ball...hummm...

We need to play...

Great, promise to take it easy on me :) ...I've only been playing about 20 years...should I play right handed or left? :rock:

Trainman said:
Great, promise to take it easy on me :) ...I've only been playing about 20 years...should I play right handed or left? :rock:

I've been playing over 35...been to nationals twice...but no mercy on the court...once inside the door, no quarter is given!

Seriously, I plan to win the 65 plus bracket this year here in Illinois.

We should plan to meet at the Masters Nationals next July! Its a great tournament, round robin, self scoring...just a bunch of old farts having a ball.

Begood said:

Bill.

In discussing this manifold with Chris (the tuner) at DC Performance, we both feel that the Paxton Supercharged guys and the Turbo guys who use the stock intake would benefit the most. We feel the forced induction would really pick up higher gains than my NA engine.

Prof said:
I've been playing over 35...been to nationals twice...but no mercy on the court...once inside the door, no quarter is given!

Seriously, I plan to win the 65 plus bracket this year here in Illinois.

We should plan to meet at the Masters Nationals next July! Its a great tournament, round robin, self scoring...just a bunch of old farts having a ball.

I don't qualify... I'm only 62 :) But I generate lots of power because I have been a Fastpitch Softball pitcher for 37 years, been to those Nationals 12 times (best finish 3RD, First Team All American)

Last edited:
Back