Ported Intake Manifold Results

Trainman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to DC Performance today to install the newly ported intake manifold. I decided to install the underdrive pulley before the first Dyno test, so we wouldn't have to let it sit and cool several times. Once the pulley was installed we hooked up their new Dyno, my RED RC was the first truck they have tried on this new DynaPack Dyno. Still with the stock throttle body and stock intake manifold the numbers were a best of 496.1 HP @ 5406 RPM and 540.8 Ft Lbs @ 4200 RPM. SRTBrad will be posting a video in a few minutes. We decided to change the spark plug wires as long as the intake was off, so we ran out of time today. Tomorrow morning we will finish the ported intake install and run the Dyno for the final numbers.....hopefully we will see a good gain.:rock:

Last edited:
Here are the photos from the other thread.....:burnout:

SrtBrad said:
Here are photos of the comparison between the factory intake and the ported intake with a "diffuser " added. Also shown is the thermal coating on the mounting surface, which acts as a barrier to heat transfer.

Nov122008022.jpg

Nov122008001.jpg

Nov122008018.jpg

Nov122008010.jpg

Nov122008008.jpg

This last photo shows the mounting bolt for the diffuser, bottom of intake.

Nov122008014.jpg

No ported intake yet, thats tomorrow. I have MoFo longtube headers, Magnaflow muffler, race cats, 170 therm , a DC Tune and now the underdrive pulley. Its a 2004 RC. I have caltracs, 4.56 gears, Fidanza flywheel, Centerforce clutch, Viper slave and master, Xmetal Gen IV shifter, Hurst line loc and M&H 390-40-17 Drag Radials. Best 1/4 mile ET= 12.496, Best speed 111.31 MPH.

Last edited:
I am still really impressed with Trainman's dyno numbers. He has what I call a factory freak. The numbers are backed up by the 1/4 mile track results. Check out the timeslip section if you have any questions. There is no doubt that Jerry can drive this factory freak as well. I predict the first 11 sec NA factory internal with just bolt on to hit the track soon.

Here is the video of the Dyno run with special thanks to Denise...A.K.A. "Wifey".:rock: :rock:

what are MOFO headers??????

So did they open up the intake to get to the hard to reach areas or did they just polish what they could reach?

I had the lower rails port matched to the head ports on my old truck but they couldn't reach the whole interior of the intake without cutting it open.

ZCx said:
what are MOFO headers??????

back in the beginning there was very little aftermarket support for the trucks and someone stepped up to build some headers. he took money in advance, delivered very few headers and out of those delivered most did not fit. needless to say he was a mofo hence the name mofo headers :D

ViperTruck2933 said:
So did they open up the intake to get to the hard to reach areas or did they just polish what they could reach?

I had the lower rails port matched to the head ports on my old truck but they couldn't reach the whole interior of the intake without cutting it open.

I think he had it extrude honed;)

Voodoo said:
back in the beginning there was very little aftermarket support for the trucks and someone stepped up to build some headers. he took money in advance, delivered very few headers and out of those delivered most did not fit. needless to say he was a mofo hence the name mofo headers :D
Close, his name on the NFFF was Mofo. He originally made the very first deal with Magnaflow to sell the first 50 Magnaflow cat-back systems. Which I bought one from him for the very good price of $440 shipped to my door. He then said he had a manufacturer that would make up sets of long tube headers with special features. So quite a few members (including me) sent him the money for the headers. The problem was they kept getting delayed, it was about a 18 months later some people started getting their headers. But some sets had the exhaust flanges welded on backwards, and some just didn't fit at all. While all this was going on somehow Trainman, not knowing any of this just called Mofo and bought a set from him that worked perfectly. The rest of us had to get the attorney general involved to get our money back after over 2 years of waiting.

So there are a few sets of these headers out there that work, and work very well I might add. But there are a number of members here that got screwed buy the son of a bitch. I am one of them.

Bill.

Last edited:
I also happen to have a set of the Mofo headers on my truck. I was lucky enough to get them from AwdIsuzu who purchased them for his QC. These headers did not work on the QC's at all only on the RC's.

My mofo headers with catless mids was dyno proven to give me a gain of 34 RWHP.

ViperTruck2933 said:

This is Trainman speaking, but I am at SRTBrad's house and using his computer.
Form and Function Performance was going to extrude hone the intake, which is what I had asked for through Dan at DC Performance. After consideration about the extrude hone process Form and Function decided to do a full port job, plus some reforming and epoxy shaping inside. As far as I can tell the manifold was NOT cut open. The guy at Form and Function is really into this process and he expects some good gains so he did this porting to test the results for our trucks, Dan also suggested the diffuser and the guy at Form and function hand formed this original prototype....The results should be interesting. The diffuser was mounted by DC Performance. If this shows a good gain, the diffuser may be sold as a seperate piece which requires a mounting hole to be drilled from the bottom and is secured by a single bolt, see the last photo.

Last edited:
Trainman said:
Went to DC Performance today to install the newly ported intake manifold. I decided to install the underdrive pulley before the first Dyno test, so we wouldn't have to let it sit and cool several times. Once the pulley was installed we hooked up their new Dyno, my RED RC was the first truck they have tried on this new DynaPack Dyno. Still with the stock throttle body and stock intake manifold the numbers were a best of 496.1 HP @ 5406 RPM and 540.8 Ft Lbs @ 4200 RPM. We decided to change the spark plug wires as long as the intake was off, so we ran out of time today. Tomorrow morning we will finish the ported intake install and run the Dyno for the final numbers.....hopefully we will see a good gain.:rock:
for accurracy, did you get dyno numbers from this new DynaPack Dyno before you installed this underdrive pulley ??
can you tell me more about this underdrive pulley ?

great numbers for a mostly stock truck, btw...... :)

is this what you've got :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Part....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:543|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Last edited:
SrtBrad said:
This is Trainman speaking, but I am at SRTBrad's house and using his computer.
Form and Function Performance was going to extrude hone the intake, which is what I had asked for through Dan at DC Performance. After consideration about the extrude hone process Form and Function decided to do a full port job, plus some reforming and epoxy shaping inside. As far as I can tell the manifold was NOT cut open. The guy at Form and Function is really into this process and he expects some good gains so he did this porting to test the results for our trucks, Dan also suggested the diffuser and the guy at Form and function hand formed this original prototype....The results should be interesting. The diffuser was mounted by DC Performance. If this shows a good gain, the diffuser may be sold as a seperate piece which requires a mounting hole to be drilled from the bottom and is secured by a single bolt, see the last photo.
Sounds awesome Trainman. Looking forward to seeing the dyno & track results. :rock:

impressive numbers, i'm going to take mine to the dyno saturday to see what mine is putting out my last dyno was before the headers, catless mids, and the SCT. the difuser looks like a really good idea can't wait to see what the new numbers are.

It's what, 4:00 PM on the west coast. We should have heard something by now.

Bill.

Back