Post up to the Blown Engine Club

Did you lose an engine?...

• Total voters
With all this talk of tune being key, for those with the Roe.....

Did you touch your PCM or just use Roe's tuned VEC II or III cards? And I mean Roe's cards, not ones which you or someone else programmed?

And for the NA mishaps, were you working with a modded PCM?

Last edited:
We played with my program while on the dyno, but went back to the ROE card. I went boom several months later. As it turns out my truck was running lean and neither me nor my dyno guy recognized the problem. I will know what is safe before I push the loud pedal next time.

Stinker said:
Well I know that:D

but how about a section on the poll for tuning?

i dont think some of the above actually went boom because of a Roe blower, or a paxton, or turbo.

mine was turbo, but went because of tuning,

or is everyone afraid to post about there tuner?

to be honest 98% of the above was probably due to bad tunes;) ;)

why put down, the Roe, or paxton, and give them a bad name?:dontknow:

bad poll in my book:confused:

100% agreed, although my truck was built by another very bright member I would have to say after looking at and talking to him, he did the research to make a good strong street/strip truck that will run hard. He has run this truck with the paxton since the start of his ownership to my current ownership. With spending time on his heads for the oil issues and a few other minor concerns this truck hasnt given one hick up of a real problem, additionally the tune on any vehicle can blow a motor just as to much boost can cause wear and tear and boom. With proper maintaining anything can last within reasonable expectations. I want to forge only for the fact of makin this motor last and last beyond reasonable expectations. Otherwise I personally have no purpoose to throw anymore money and hp into this truck. I just think with all these blown engines something just didnt click on a case to case basis, to many members are runnin a blower kit and not having any problems. I also second the notion to see what trucks are lastin. my numbers are listed and I have 13500 miles with around 12000 miles on the paxton from hard to easy driving. Oh and my boost is between 8-10 depending on when the headers are open vs closed.

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis said:
100% agreed, although my truck was built by another very bright member I would have to say after looking at and talking to him, he did the research to make a good strong street/strip truck that will run hard. He has run this truck with the paxton since the start of his ownership to my current ownership. With spending time on his heads for the oil issues and a few other minor concerns this truck hasnt given one hick up of a real problem, additionally the tune on any vehicle can blow a motor just as to much boost can cause wear and tear and boom. With proper maintaining anything can last within reasonable expectations. I want to forge only for the fact of makin this motor last and last beyond reasonable expectations. Otherwise I personally have no purpoose to throw anymore money and hp into this truck. I just think with all these blown engines something just didnt click on a case to case basis, to many members are runnin a blower kit and not having any problems. I also second the notion to see what trucks are lastin. my numbers are listed and I have 13500 miles with around 12000 miles on the paxton from hard to easy driving. Oh and my boost is between 8-10 depending on when the headers are open vs closed.
:rock: :rock: :congrats:

astertyopebra said:
ROCKVILLE, Md., July 14, 2008--Geenentech, Inc. cultured healthcrae professionals of blasts of diverse cases of microangiopathic hemolytic anemia (MAHA) in patients with through-and-through tumors receiving Avastin in party with sunitinib malate. Avastin is not approved for use in solution with sunitinib malate and this party is not recommended. Twenty-fiver patients were enrolled in a form I dispense-escalation examination combining Avastin and sunitinib malate. The read consisted of
3 cohorts using a unwavering portion of Avastin at 10mg/kg/IV every 2 weeks and escalating portions of sunitinib that subsumed 25, 37.5, and 50 mg orally always affirmed in a 4 weeks on/ 2 weeks off schedule. Five of 12 patients at thehighest sunitinib dispense plain exhibited laboratory findings undeviating with MAHA. Two of these casses were considered sober with show of thrombocytopenia, anemia, reticulocytosis, reductions in serum hatpoglobin, schistocytes on tangential taint,
sensible increases in serum creatinine knock downs, and sober hypertension, reversible rear leukoencephalopathy syndrome, and proteinuria. The findings in these two cases were reversible within three weeks upon discontinuation of both drugs without additional interventions. Healthcare professionals should blast cases of MAHA or any fooling adverse events suspected to be associated with the ue of Avastin.

This guy has solved the blown engine problems!!....

tinygiants said:
Post up if you lost your engine. Details if you will.

Mods, can I get a little help with my spelling in the poll? Also can a NA category be added? Thanks.

I lost my engine doing a power pull from about 40 mph to about 75 mph out on the freeway. It started to knock.

Hey Dale! How is the truck coming along. Havent been on here in some time due to my new hobby of riding motorcycles. Just bought one. Gas prices have gotten a hold of me like millions of others. My car club is having a car show out at Bremerton Raceway on August 9th, woulkd love to see you out there. We are doing it in conjunction with the mopar drags.

Only 17 trucks out of how many built? I would say the odds are for us. I agree that the problems might be bad tunes, atleast from what I have read. Just my 2 cents

The bottom line is if you take this motor and you go away from what came stock your gonna pay. So take notice and act accordingly. If you have the money to Mod then you better also have enough money to replace the engine at some point..Don't do like some do here and read a couple threads and think your Carol Shelby or that you can adequately do the work yourself. It really does not matter what kind of tuner or tune you get it's the luck of the draw really. It's mechanical and just like us is born to die. Smoke 4 packs a day and presumably die sooner then say someone like Len Bias :D

Some engines last longer then others do when Moded...I tend to believe that the vast majority of engine failures are directly attributable to dip shit owners and not the equipment anyway...I went to one GTG where one member drove like the biggest jack ass I have ever seen...I won't mention any names :p But he wrecked his shit and that took a lot longer then I thought it would :congrats: You wanna go fast....then do it ! Just do your homework first and weigh out your options...Buncha speed junkies :rock:

TheSickness said:
The bottom line is if you take this motor and you go away from what came stock your gonna pay. So take notice and act accordingly. If you have the money to Mod then you better also have enough money to replace the engine at some point..Don't do like some do here and read a couple threads and think your Carol Shelby or that you can adequately do the work yourself. It really does not matter what kind of tuner or tune you get it's the luck of the draw really. It's mechanical and just like us is born to die. Smoke 4 packs a day and presumably die sooner then say someone like Len Bias :D

Some engines last longer then others do when Moded...I tend to believe that the vast majority of engine failures are directly attributable to dip shit owners and not the equipment anyway...I went to one GTG where one member drove like the biggest jack ass I have ever seen...I won't mention any names :p But he wrecked his shit and that took a lot longer then I thought it would :congrats: You wanna go fast....then do it ! Just do your homework first and weigh out your options...Buncha speed junkies :rock:

Damn, I have to say I finally agree you and it only took 18,038 posts.... :congrats:

Well I know it wasnt me..I dont drive fast, or so I hear..lol

hi, excuse me did you how many hp's can hlod an stck engine, 'case i want to add nos in my truck.... but i dont know how hps shot can use..

GeorgeMW said:
hi, excuse me did you how many hp's can hlod an stck engine, 'case i want to add nos in my truck.... but i dont know how hps shot can use..

Welcome George...

You can probably safely use a 150 shot. But a lot depends on the engine and how it has been treated. The pistons are usually the first to go, next the rods...

Once you go down the modification road...it will blow at some point...and very few of us have enough discipline to draw the line...because you "never have too much horsepower!" to quote Bill...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back