Powerlifting

If they could come up with a way to hook up exercise equipment to a generator it would solve the worlds energy problem.

they make treadmills and bikes that work as a generator and power small appliances. they are pretty damn expensive though

There are a few gyms in china and japan that produce all their own electricity through the bike and treadmill generators too

they make treadmills and bikes that work as a generator and power small appliances. they are pretty damn expensive though

There are a few gyms in china and japan that produce all their own electricity through the bike and treadmill generators too

They need to mass market them & put a few in every gym. The electric cars can plug in outside, freeing up a lot of unleaded premium for us.

They need to mass market them & put a few in every gym. The electric cars can plug in outside, freeing up a lot of unleaded premium for us.

thats a good idea. maybe I should open a few of those and then I can afford a viper truck that isnt wrecked lol

Saturday sucked. I finished the day with a 475 squat and a 365 bench. Didn't even hit my opening pull (525). I weighed in at 259, with my clothes on. Here's the video of my third squat that didn't count, and my bench.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgjuWch9Ql8]495 Squat - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot7F45Har2k]365 Bench - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks, homie. I'm relying on you to get my number to where they should be for the next one!

Thanks, homie. I'm relying on you to get my number to where they should be for the next one!

I will try to get a training program together between today and tomorrow.... maybe by tonight. It will be 180* from what you were doing before. We need to start on the other end of the spectrum, see how it works for you and slowly reintroduce some of the other things that you were doing to find the "sweet spot" that works for you. As of right now (if you are not already) go buy yourself some jugs of pure creatine, glutamine, and a jug of Karbolyn (simple carbohydrate), shit is amazing to fuel through brutal workouts!

I will try to get a training program together between today and tomorrow.... maybe by tonight. It will be 180* from what you were doing before. We need to start on the other end of the spectrum, see how it works for you and slowly reintroduce some of the other things that you were doing to find the "sweet spot" that works for you. As of right now (if you are not already) go buy yourself some jugs of pure creatine, glutamine, and a jug of Karbolyn (simple carbohydrate), shit is amazing to fuel through brutal workouts!
No hurry, brother. I REALLY APPRECIATE you doing it. I know you are busy. I have pure creatine and glutamine and will get some more Karbolyn.

Here's pictures of my 475 squat (counted) and my 495 (didn't count). It came up quick enough that I probably could have gone to depth and made the lift. I basically chickened out at the bottom, which pisses me off.

Last edited:
You need to eat more " Wheaties " :D:D:D

Wheaties? Maybe for a snack :D My kids make me breakfast everyday:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojCWCd-m2zg&list=UU2J9k1mqcDY_XqUn7-099vw]How to make a 2000 calorie shake - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Tell your son he did a great job on the video and he even cleans up after himself.... I wish I could my grandkids to clean up.:D

Thanks, I'll tell him. He made it with zero prompting. He's an amazing kid. Keep wondering how I ended up with such great sons, actually. Lol

Caveman, how did you get into this? I PLed in HS, and have only done local BP comps. Would love to get back into it, but don't know of an association or fed to get into.

Caveman, how did you get into this? I PLed in HS, and have only done local BP comps. Would love to get back into it, but don't know of an association or fed to get into.
PL'ing just sort of evolved from regular old weight lifting. When I started in the gym, I just wanted to get bigger. Over time, getting stronger became just as important as size. I still have my workout logs from when my goals were to "max bench 225" and I thought deadlifting 315 was impossible. In other words, I'm not naturally good at PLing. lol.

What's a BP comp?

For anyone that is interested in starting PLing, I would:
1. join the VTCOA and post in this thread :D
2. get a copy of Starting Strength and follow it's protocols for as long as possible
3. go to google and search for powerlifting events near you

I would not get hung up on the politics of powerlifting, different federations, or gear. Just lift, enjoy the ride, take lots of video, and compete wherever you can.

PL'ing just sort of evolved from regular old weight lifting. When I started in the gym, I just wanted to get bigger. Over time, getting stronger became just as important as size. I still have my workout logs from when my goals were to "max bench 225" and I thought deadlifting 315 was impossible. In other words, I'm not naturally good at PLing. lol.

What's a BP comp?

For anyone that is interested in starting PLing, I would:
1. join the VTCOA and post in this thread :D
2. get a copy of Starting Strength and follow it's protocols for as long as possible
3. go to google and search for powerlifting events near you

I would not get hung up on the politics of powerlifting, different federations, or gear. Just lift, enjoy the ride, take lots of video, and compete wherever you can.

My lifts in HS were 425/295/455 in the 168 lb class, raw. Now I am at 205, and haven't maxed out since 2010, and herniated 2 disks in 2011. I have been weary of DL since.

BP, is just Bench Press. The base usually hosts a small BP comp every year.

Step 1. Complete
Step 2. On it
Step 3. Googling now!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back