Powerlifting

caveman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Participated in my first meet today. I didn't win (red light on my third squat attempt likely cost me the W) but I had a great time.

Good on you for putting yourself out there bro, nothing but respect. Chris, hope you dont mind me posting this pic

Last edited:
Congratulations Bro... what were your #'s? Was it raw or suited? When did you start pulling sumo style?

Congratulations Bro... what were your #'s? Was it raw or suited? When did you start pulling sumo style?

Suited? Nah bro, I gave up wearing a tie years ago :D.

I haven't been able to do any heavy lifting since I blew my back up in August - had to quit training from then until November because I could barely walk :eek:. So, it felt really good to put some weight on the bar and go to work. I missed my final pull at 495 and was read lighted on my final squat (405). Ive always squatted and pulled sumo - which means they always look really hard at my squats. Lol. Final numbers were 365-s, 320-b, and 455-d. All said and done, that's 180 pounds less than my best gym totals pre-injury.

Wow! Your bench has come up great!!! Sounds like all of your lifts are really coming together!

Thanks guys. Next meet is in March. I'd like to program up to it, so any advice is appreciated, except Brad's, of course :D

Thanks guys. Next meet is in March. I'd like to program up to it, so any advice is appreciated, except Brad's, of course :D

Did you ever meet or talk to Derek Poundstone " lbstone" screen name one of our members?

I think he won or came second in the worlds strongest man contest, and 1st in America..

Something like that anyhow.. A real big boy...

Last edited:
Here is a 913lb dead lift -- By our x viper truck owner, sold to deamon8 i think it is

DerekHummer.JPG

I met Derek at the first NEGTG at Mohegan Sun. Guy is built like a brick sh!thouse. Caveman, that is incredible. Be safe, take care of yourself so you can keep doing it haha

I'm 3/4" taller than Derek, and he has about 60 pounds on me. I'm actually a huge fan of his. Had no idea he had a '10. Good thing he isn't on here anymore or I would be exposed as one of those pathetic fanboy/stalkers, following him around posting in all his threads. He is probably my very first choice for people I wish I could lift with.

Congrats bro! I agree with others, it hurts my back just looking at the picture after my back surgery and continued problems.
Beast mode!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back