Powerlifting

Bad ass Chris your so strong
Did not make it up but will soon
Let's just meet in moab?

Dom
Undefeated on the Internet
Thanks, bro. I don't plan to be there for Easter Jeep, but I'll let you know.

Yur an animal!
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Thx. So r u! :D

You're an ASSSSSSHHHOOOOLLLLLEEEEEE:D
See, I knew you'd catch on quick. Like most Hispanic people, you sir, are a fast learner :D

1797334_10152262440052710_1589491583_n.jpg

I lifted a cheeseburger last night like 5 times. Then I curled a beer or 7 after that for a light post-workout beast mode sesh. Im so jacked its just stupid. :sleep:

Might not have gone deep enough.

Strong squat either way!! congrats!!

I just hit 405 for my max on squat last week

Congrats. I have only squated once since my last comp. Video below. Sad part is, there are peeps on this forum who can bench 405 more times than I can squat it. Are you videoing your PR's? There is a guy on this forum named "E" who loves when people post gym videos! :D

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqhq3DqhQCE[/ame]

Last edited:
Congrats. I have only squated once since my last comp. Video below. Sad part is, there are peeps on this forum who can bench 405 more times than I can squat it. Are you videoing your PR's? There is a guy on this forum named "E" who loves when people post gym videos! :D

[u rl]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqhq3DqhQCE[/url]

Tonight is my heavy legs day so I'll have my brother get a vid!!

the only vid i have is from a few years ago when I hit 315x4 on bench. The spotter gave me a hand on the last one or it would have been 315x5 lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwM7lrFx3d4

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqhq3D...ophy days. Great way to add size and strength

Wow. You guys are animals. I wish I could do that.
Thanks, babe.

It wouldn't let me post videos. My post count probably isn't high enough. Do follow any specific program like cube method, west side barbell, etc...?? or do you do your own routine?? I've always done a mix of power and hypertrophy days. Great way to add size and strength
My basic programming is based off of the four big movements, done 3 times a week, 5x5. Occasionally I'll throw in some accessory movements. Lately I've switched my routine around and doing something closer to what the Lillibridge's are doing. The 5x5 was amazing for adding size and strength, but my lower back just wouldn't handle the volume.

I strongly agree Chris. When you are in your teen years you are indestructible, 20's- consistent heavy weights with good form is the norm, 30's- I've really benefitted from alternating light and heavy weeks or I just tear myself apart. My outlook for my forties is grim LOL! I think all the years of competing are going to catch up with me... Between H.S. wrestling, motocross, MMA, and powerlifting/strongman, my body is going to fall apart as I go into my forties. The one weird thing... If I had to do it all over I wouldn't change a thing :rock:

Thanks, babe.

My basic programming is based off of the four big movements, done 3 times a week, 5x5. Occasionally I'll throw in some accessory movements. Lately I've switched my routine around and doing something closer to what the Lillibridge's are doing. The 5x5 was amazing for adding size and strength, but my lower back just wouldn't handle the volume.

I have yet to read their book, but I've heard it involves a LOT of accessory work. Like 30 sets or so after the main lift

I have yet to read their book, but I've heard it involves a LOT of accessory work. Like 30 sets or so after the main lift
Not at all. It's basic stuff. They bench heavy once a week, then alternate heavy squats and heavy deads every other week. Their accessory work looks just like what you see in every other weight room in the country. They do make some specific percentage recommendations for the heavy lifts, as you work through a cycle, kind of like Ed Coan's progression.

I strongly agree Chris. When you are in your teen years you are indestructible, 20's- consistent heavy weights with good form is the norm, 30's- I've really benefitted from alternating light and heavy weeks or I just tear myself apart. My outlook for my forties is grim LOL! I think all the years of competing are going to catch up with me... Between H.S. wrestling, motocross, MMA, and powerlifting/strongman, my body is going to fall apart as I go into my forties. The one weird thing... If I had to do it all over I wouldn't change a thing :rock:
Amen to that, brother! Everytime I load up the weight, someone tells me "you are going to regret that". My response is always, I'm not worried about regretting doing it, I'm worried about regretting NOT doing it.

Mark Bell said it best:
"This guy, in a not so very nice way, says that I am am idiot because I am ignoring pain, ignoring fatigue, ignoring the central nervous system, and I am not listening to my body, and I am going to end up in a wheel chair with a nurse pushing me around. Well guess what, my friend, we are all headed there. We will all die. We will all be in a lot of pain. It’s all coming our way, it’s inevitable, it’s a part of life. But in the meantime, you might as well be a fucking savage, and live your life the way you want to live. You might as well put your best effort, and best foot forward, and train like a motherfucker. "

Last edited:
Not at all. It's basic stuff. They bench heavy once a week, then alternate heavy squats and heavy deads every other week. Their accessory work looks just like what you see in every other weight room in the country. They do make some specific percentage recommendations for the heavy lifts, as you work through a cycle, kind of like Ed Coan's progression.

Interesting. I'll probably buy the book. It's only $40 bucks I think and is probably full of some good info.

Interesting. I'll probably buy the book. It's only $40 bucks I think and is probably full of some good info.

I borrowed a buddy's copy of the Lillibridge Method. It's very short. If you really want insight on building a program, the best resource available is Practical Programming for Intermediate & Advanced Athletes, by Mark Rippetoe & Lon Kilgore. I've read it half a dozen times since January (not exaggerating). I loaned it to a friend the other day, but I am going to read it again when I get it back. Also, depending on how interested you really are, Supertraining is an amazing resource for serious strength athletes.

I borrowed a buddy's copy of the Lillibridge Method. It's very short. If you really want insight on building a program, the best resource available is Practical Programming for Intermediate & Advanced Athletes, by Mark Rippetoe & Lon Kilgore. I've read it half a dozen times since January (not exaggerating). I loaned it to a friend the other day, but I am going to read it again when I get it back. Also, depending on how interested you really are, Supertraining is an amazing resource for serious strength athletes.

*Correction- Pizza and Beer are amazing sources for serious strength athletes! :vroam:

I go by my own program, but I like to read as many books and see what helps others progress as often as I can, then I have plenty of things to try when I need to break a plateau lol

I like Rippetoe a lot. When people are new to training and ask me for advice, I usually have them do a slightly modified version of starting strength so they learn the basics with good form

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back