Powerlifting

Chris, did you ever think about getting into strongman instead of powerlifting? Both are fun but they are almost completely different sports. I tried both and liked them both, only problem is strongman is really geared towards taller guys and I'm a little over 5'7". Some of the events and apparatuses are really difficult for anyone under 6'. Being that you're 6'5"-6'6" (I think) you would probably have a blast doing strongman!

Chris, did you ever think about getting into strongman instead of powerlifting? Both are fun but they are almost completely different sports. I tried both and liked them both, only problem is strongman is really geared towards taller guys and I'm a little over 5'7". Some of the events and apparatuses are really difficult for anyone under 6'. Being that you're 6'5"-6'6" (I think) you would probably have a blast doing strongman!

I'd love to, bro! But honestly, I have NO IDEA how to train for something like that?

I'd love to, bro! But honestly, I have NO IDEA how to train for something like that?

Lift thing up and put them down!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOSeOieLh7s]Planet Fitness TV ad 2011 -- I lift things up and put them down. - YouTube[/ame]

Had another event today. Squatted 405 (red lighted 495 twice), benched 345, dead lifted 505.

Had another event today. Squatted 405 (red lighted 495 twice), benched 345, dead lifted 505.

Damn Bro! You're making some killer gains!! You went from a 405 opener to 495 on your second attempt?

Damn Bro! You're making some killer gains!! You went from a 405 opener to 495 on your second attempt?

Thanks, bro. Yeah, I knew 405 would get me the total I needed to win. Then I figured since I had two attempts left, I might as well have fun with them. Here's video of the opener and then the first 495 attempt:

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fL01vW22kjU[/ame]

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIABVqb4r0[/ame]

I wish I could still kift like used to. My best bench was 425 6 times on a smith machine. Noy sure what yhat would reallu equate to in a free bench. But I know its a lot of fucking weight. I also had a nice gym kill one time to. Some punk college kid doing roids at the time, piled on 765lbs onto the hammer T bar, and was screaming to do one. I walked up with my lift partner, grabbed my buddys belt and told the kid to step aside. I hoped on and repped out 7 reps, and dropped it. The kid was so pissed off. It was funny as hell. I could never do that again though. Just happened to be the right time, and I had the right pump going. It was sweet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Did that lady spotting you really think she would be able to help out with 495 if it went south??

Kudos to you brother !!!! my knees started screaming just WATCHING you do that :):)

Kudos to you brother !!!! my knees started screaming just WATCHING you do that :):)
Thanks!

What was the problem here? You got it up
That's what she said? :D
Nah, they said I was an inch high. A smart lifter wouldn't have made a 90 pound jump from their opener. But for me, it's not always about being a smart lifter. Lol

Did that lady spotting you really think she would be able to help out with 495 if it went south??
She's a very good lifter and one of few people that I feel really confident having spot me.

Last edited:
Awesome job! Congrats bro! Made my back hurt more watching you, lol.
I really thought the thread was called " Powershifting" damnit:(

Awesome job! Congrats bro! Made my back hurt more watching you, lol.
I really thought the thread was called " Powershifting" damnit:(

5 months ago they were sure I needed back surgery to fix my herniated disc. I ignored them and rehabbed it exactly like you and I have talked about in the past. This was my third pull on Saturday:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j77ZP_UO81I&list=UU2J9k1mqcDY_XqUn7-099vw[/ame]

Wow. Your so strong. Your my hero

*You're.

When you write it, ask yourself if you could replace "your" or "you're" with "you are". If you can, it should be written "you're". Using the correct variation will add credibility to your (see, wrote it that way because it could not be stated as "you are") posts.

*You're.

When you write it, ask yourself if you could replace "your" or "you're" with "you are". If you can, it should be written "you're". Using the correct variation will add credibility to your (see, wrote it that way because it could not be stated as "you are") posts.

Yur an animal!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

*You're.

You're an ASSSSSSHHHOOOOLLLLLEEEEEE:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back